Mold exposure may cause symptoms in people who are sensitive to molds. Symptoms of mold allergy include sneezing, runny nose, wheezing, coughing, redness of the eyes, and rash. Prevent mold growth by keeping indoor humidity low, between 30%-50%, using bathroom fans when showering, repairing plumbing leaks quickly, and using an air conditioner during humid seasons. Read more: Mold Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Ringworm: Treatment, Pictures, Causes, and Symptoms
What is ringworm? How do you get rid of ringworm? View ringworm (tinea) pictures and learn about ringworm treatment, causes,...
Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers
Allergies are an overreaction of the immune system where the body's defenses react to substances such as pollen, food and more....
Pictures of Allergy Relief Tips at Home: AC Filters, Electronic Air Cleaners, and More
Learn how a combination of medication, preventing allergens, and allergy relief products can reduce allergy symptoms and help you...
Allergies: 10 Ways to Reduce Mold Allergies
WebMD shows you 10 ways to fight the fungus and reduce mold allergy symptoms from dust masks to bottles of bleach....
Home Allergy Quiz: Is Your Home Allergy-Proof?
Take this home allergy quiz and test your knowledge on allergens, dust mites, pollens and more to see how allergy-proof your home...
When Animal (Allergies) Attack: Pet Allergy Symptoms, Treatment
How do you control and relieve pet allergies? How do you prevent pet allergies? Learn dog and cat allergy symptoms, the cause of...
10 Worst Cities for Spring Allergies With Pictures
See pictures of the top 10 "spring allergy capitals", according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). From...
Top 13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, cause itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms. Avoiding allergens and using medicated...
Related Disease Conditions
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip (Symptoms, Treatment)
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Night Sweats (In Men and Women) Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in a drenching sweat. The causes of night sweats in most...
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...
Asthma: Over the Counter Treatment
Patients who have infrequent, mild bouts of asthma attacks may use over-the-counter (OTC) medications to treat their asthma...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Indoor allergens are substances that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Common sources of indoor allergens include...
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis)
Hay fever (allergic rhinitis) is an irritation of the nose caused by pollen and is associated with the following allergic...
Interstitial Pneumonitis (Interstitial Lung Disease)
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseased that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Viruses,...
Cold, Flu, Allergy Treatments
Before treating a cold, the flu, or allergies with over-the-counter (OTC) medications, it's important to know what's causing the...
Sick Building Syndrome
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or also referred to as sick building syndrome or environmental illness is the name given by...
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Allergy Treatment Begins At Home
Avoiding allergy triggers at home is one of the best ways to prevent allergy symptoms. Controlling temperature, humidity, and...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis is an inflammation of the lung caused by small airborne particles such as bacteria, mold, fungi, or...
There are many unusual symptoms of asthma, including sighing, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, chronic cough, recurrent walking...
Hurricanes are based on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, which places them in 5 categories. Weather (hurricane) predictions,...
Local ResourcesFind a local Asthma & Allergy Specialist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Michael's Lingering Threat: Mold
- Health Tip: Prevent Mold Growth at Home
- Health Tip: Keep Your Home's Air Quality Safer
- Florence's Lingering Threat: Mold
- Florida Confronts Irma's Aftermath
- Health Tip: Leading Causes of Food Poisoning
- Harvey's Health Hazards Will Continue During Cleanup
- Health Tip: Rid Your Bedroom of Allergens
- Honest Company Baby Wipes Recalled
- FDA Warns of Tattoo Dangers
- Health Tip: When Asthma Doesn't Improve
- Welcome Spring and Still Survive Your Allergies
- Early Allergies -- Payback for a Mild Winter?
- Toothache? Neanderthals Might Have Reached for Aspirin, Too
- Germs, Mold Found in Some Medical Pot
- Health Tip: Learn About Mold
- Health Tip: Don't Waste Food
- U.S. Abortion Rate Drops to Lowest in Decades
- Mold Found in Baby Teething Toy
- Many Poor Asthma Sufferers Stuck in Settings That Make Their Disease Worse
- Mice May Be Key to Kids' Asthma Attacks at School
- Is Your ATM Dispensing Bacteria?
- Health Tip: Coping With a Chronic Cough
- Clean Home May Help Keep Kids' Asthma in Check
- Play a Wind Instrument? Beware 'Bagpipe Lung'
- 'Bagpipe' Lung Infection Kills Piper
- Health Tip: Getting Rid of Mold and Mildew
- Easing Your Child's Allergies
- Think Twice Before You Get That Tattoo: FDA
- Doctors Issue Call to Combat Climate Change
- Health Tip: Easing Eye Allergies
- Spring Allergies? Don't Assume It's Only Pollen
- U.S. Action on Climate Change Could Save Nearly 300,000 Lives by 2030: Study
- Health Tip: Considering a Humidifier?
- Health Tip: Recogize Signs of Mold Allergy
- Agricultural Pesticides May Affect Kids' Breathing
- Health Tip: What's Polluting the Indoor Air?
- Health Tip: Getting Rid of Mold After a Flood
- 'Green' Public Housing May Help Families Breathe Easier
- Health Tip: Know the Dangers of Mold
- How to Avoid July Fourth Allergy Flare-Ups
- Summer Spurs Calls to Poison Centers
- Health Tip: Care for Your Mattress
- Asthma Rates Similar Among Black Children in Urban, Rural Areas: Study
- Expert Offers Tips to Help Babies With Stuffy Noses
- Tips for Managing Spring Allergies
- Moldy Homes May Mean More Asthma in Young Kids
- Health Tip: Coping With Mold Allergy
- Health Tip: Beware of Bathroom Chemicals
- Poor Quality Housing Tied to Higher Asthma Rates Among Kids
- Halloween Safety Tips for Kids With Asthma
- Health Tip: Things That Can Trigger Asthma
- Health Tip: Thwart Mold at Home
- Winter's Polar Vortex Ushers in Spring's 'Pollen Vortex'
- Health Tip: Minimizing Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
- Spring Cleaning Helps Stave Off Allergy Symptoms: Experts
- Health Tip: Cleaning Up Mold
- Tips for Tackling Winter Allergy Triggers
- Chobani Recalls Greek Yogurt Cups
- Watch Out for Backyard Allergy Triggers
- 5 Things Kids Should Tell Their Asthma Doctor
- Fungus From Tainted Steroid Shots Migrated to Base of Brain, Study Shows
- MRIs Spot 'Hidden' Fungal Infections From Tainted Steroid Shots
- Infections From Tainted Spine Injections Continue to Baffle Investigators
- Health Tip: Help Stifle Allergies
- Health Tip: Take Care of Mold Problems
- A Few Extra Pounds May Harm Lung Function in Black, Hispanic Kids
- Fisher-Price Recalls Sleepers Due to Mold Risk
- Flesh-Eating Fungal Infection Can Follow Natural Disasters, Study Finds
- Health Tip: If You Wake With Neck Pain
- Hurricane Sandy's Health Woes Continue
- Spine Infections Hit Fungal Meningitis Survivors
- Fungal Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 28 Dead, 363 Sickened
- Health Risks Will Rise in Sandy's Wake, Experts Warn
- Act Quickly to Beat Mold After a Flood
- Q & A: Riding Out the Storm Safely
- FDA Finds Mold, Germs at Compounding Pharmacy
- Fungal Meningitis Q&A
- Meningitis Toll Now 12 Dead, 137 Sick: CDC
- Up to 13,000 Got Steroid Shots at Center of Meningitis Outbreak: CDC
- The 10 Worst Places for Fall Allergies in 2012
- Steroid-Related Meningitis Cases Now Total 91, CDC Says
- Health Highlights: Oct. 4, 2012
- That May Not Be a Cold, Could Be Fall Allergies
- Hurricane Isaac Could Stir Up Allergies, Asthma
- Mold Exposure in Infancy May Raise Asthma Risk
- How Renting Instead of Owning Can Hurt Your Asthma
- Germ Culprits in Moldy, Water-Damaged Buildings Identified
- Health Tip: Be a Dust Buster
- The 6 Dirtiest Work Places
- Asthma an Often Unrecognized Risk for Older People
- Seniors Undertreated for Asthma, and Many Skip Inhalers: Study
- Warm Weather Triggers Early Allergy Season
- Tips for Avoiding Asthma, Allergy Triggers This Season
- Alcohol, Asthma and Allergies Don't Mix
- Carbon Dioxide Gas May Treat Nasal Allergies
- Mold Exposure in Infancy Raises Asthma Risk
- Extreme Weather Affects Indoor Air Quality
- Worst Cities for Spring Allergies
- Mold May Trigger Severe Asthma in Some Folks
- Health Tip: Mold Can Be a Health Risk
- Health Tip: Prevent Mold in the Home
- Christmas Trees: Source of Indoor Mold?
- Health Tip: Prevent Mold in Your Home