Misophonia Center - Tuscaloosa, AL
- WebMD Physician Directory of Tuscaloosa Doctors
- Related Misophonia Articles
- Tuscaloosa Emergency Contacts
- Nearby Tuscaloosa Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - Tuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa Psychiatrist Doctors and Specialists for Misophonia
Type of Physician: Psychiatrist
What is a Psychiatrist? A certification by the Board of Psychiatry & Neurology; practitioners are skilled in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of mental, addictive and emotional disorders. He or she is trained to understand the biological, psychological and social components of illness and is qualified to order diagnostic laboratory tests and to prescribe medications, as well as to evaluate and treat psychological and interpersonal problems. The psychiatrist is also prepared to intervene with individuals and families who are coping with stress, crises, and other problems in living.
Psychiatrist Doctors in Tuscaloosa, AL
- Misophonia is defined as severely negative reactions to sounds that have a specific pattern, meaning, and context to the sufferer based on previous experiences.
- Other forms of sound sensitivity include hyper...
- In case of Emergency, call 911
Nearby Tuscaloosa, AL Hospitals
Note: Clicking on a hospital will take you to Google Maps.
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.