Cultivating a love of movement can help you get beyond the concept of physical fitness as separate from mental fitness – and toward a lifelong program of good health through mind and body fitness. Read more: Mind & Body Fitness Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
ADHD/ADD in Adults: Symptoms & Treatments in Pictures
Most people don't associate adults with the term ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) but it is a common disorder in...
Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
What is fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain and stiffness of the tendons, muscles, and joints....
Exercise Tips for Seniors
Exercise for seniors is important for healthy and successful aging. Learn what happens to our bodies as we age, how to start...
17 Must-Try Fitness Workouts in Pictures
Learn the latest exercise crazes such as TRX, pole dancing, Zumba, Kangoo jumps, boot camps, exergames and more that are designed...
Lower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Need to lower your cholesterol levels? Use these smart diet tips to quickly and easily lower your blood cholesterol levels....
ADHD: Top Concentration-Killers in Pictures
Learn the truth about multitasking, email overload, nagging thoughts, hunger, and other brain drains of modern life. See what's...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Butt Exercise Pictures: Workouts for Slim and Shapely Glutes
Want a rear view that kicks butt? Discover the right exercises, cardio, and style choices that can help in the quest for the...
Migraine Headaches: 14 Non-Drug Treatments for Migraines
Learn about 14 non-drug treatments for migraines. Acupuncture, biofeedback and massage therapy are among this list of non-drug...
Top 15 Immune System Boosters
Immune system boosters include foods, supplements, and lifestyle habits to help you fight off infections. A healthy immune system...
Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
There are many causes and triggers of depression. From too little vitamin B12 to too much time alone, look at these surprising...
Related Disease Conditions
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
Hot Flashes (Causes, Symptoms & Medication Treatment in Men and Women)
Hot flashes (or flushing) is the most common symptom experienced by a woman prior to and during the early stages of menopause,...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
About 2%-6% of adults have ADHD, a common behavioral problem. Symptoms include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention....
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Binge Eating Disorder
Characteristics of binge eating disorder include eating more quickly than usual, eating until uncomfortably full, eating a lot of...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Want to Live Longer? Just Sit a Bit Less Each Day
- Mindfulness Can Help Tame Everyday Stress
- Building Passion When You're Not in Love With Your Job
- Staying Young at Heart
- Cross-Training for Fitness and Fun
- Health Tip: Help Create a Healthy Community
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Mental Health
- Break a Sweat Over the Holidays, but Do It Safely
- Nagging Low Back Pain? Try Mindfulness
- Healthy Lifestyle Lowers Odds of Breast Cancer's Return
- Health Tip: FDA Discusses Possible Risks of Bodybuilding Products
- Exploring Fitness Workshops and Fairs
- Medicine Balls: Exercise Tools That Add Fun to Fitness
- 'Fitcations' Are a Great Way to Shape Up
- Fitter Folks Suffer Milder Strokes: Study
- Slaying the Couch-Potato Mindset
- Working Workouts Into Your Life
- Taking a Stand at Work
- 6 Steps for Promoting Heart Health in Women
- Eating Before Early Workout Helps Burn Carbs
- How Much Daily Exercise Do You Really Need?
- 5 Ways to Push Yourself to Stay Fit
- Free Weights or Machines?
- Fit at Midlife May Mean Healthier Brain, Stronger Heart Later
- Money Spurs Those With Heart Disease to Step Lively
- Walk Briskly to a Longer Life
- Use Your Legs, Boost Your Brain
- Health Tip: Stay Fit at Work
- Take Your Swim Workouts to the Next Level
- Making the Most of Gym Time
- Backbreaking Work May Shorten Men's Lives
- America's Fittest City: Arlington, Va.
- Health Tip: Get Active
- Turn Chores Into a Fitness Routine
- Stretching Can Help Get Seniors Moving
- Why More People Don't Walk or Bike to Work
- It's Crunch Time
- Abandoning Your Workouts May Bring on the Blues
- A Few Tips to Make for a More Active You
- The Benefits of Moving More
- 5 Ways Out of an Exercise Rut
- Fit Middle-Aged Women May Fend Off Dementia Later
- Health Tip: Too Much Exercise Isn't Good Either
- Health Tip: Resuming Activities After a Heart Attack
- Meditation Method a Matter of Taste
- Dumb Jocks? Not if They're Good at the Game
- Mild Memory Problems May Be More Common in Men
- Happiness Declining Among Twitter Users
- Meditation May Help Brain Tune Out Distractions
- Therapy, Exercise Help Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Computer Use, Exercise May Save Memory
- Good and Bad Health Habits in U.S.
- Exercise for Energy: Workouts That Work
- Pilates: The Benefits of Pilates Exercises
- Workouts: Mind-Body Exercises Boost Body Image
- Yoga for Weight Loss?
- Yoga: The Many Styles of Om
- Dancing for Better Health: Mind, Body & Spirit
- Yoga: Slim Bodies, Strong Minds
- Yoga and Pilates: A Blend of Exercises
- Fitness: Find Fitness Bliss with NIA