Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from migraines also have severe head pain. People also have symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Common migraine triggers may include:
They are diagnosed by a doctor if the headache pattern fits established migraine headache criteria. Over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications are sometime used to treat acute migraines. To prevent or reduce the frequency and severity of them doctors recommend supplements and prescription medications, for example:
Lifestyle modification helps in migraine management. Many people who suffer from migraines get relief from their condition by keeping a headache diary, identifying and avoiding triggers, and taking appropriate medication.Read more: Migraine Headache Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Surprising Reasons You're in Pain With Pictures
Examine the varying causes of pain. Pain may be caused by simple, everyday objects, tasks and activities such as the way you sit,...
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Slideshow: Busted: Popular Diet Myths
Learn about healthy dieting myths and facts. Can't tell fact from fiction about weight loss and healthy eating? Discover the...
Balance Disorders: Vertigo, Motion Sickness, Labyrinthitis, and More
What is vertigo? What causes dizziness? Understand different balance disorders and symptoms such as vertigo, motion sickness,...
Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More in Pictures
Dealing with joint pain and arthritis? Learn why weight matters--and why NOT to stretch before exercise. See these solutions for...
Chronic Pain Syndrome: Treatment and Management for CPS
What is chronic pain syndrome (CPS)? See causes, symptoms and treatment options including medications. Learn about pain...
Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
These seven exercises deliver fitness results at home or in the gym. Start your training to better physical health with the most...
Slideshow: 12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Pictures of the 7 Riskiest Workout Moves, and How to Improve Them
Working out is supposed to make you healthier--but some exercises can leave your body at risk of pain or injury. Some exercises...
Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
Sugar lurks in surprising places. Take the Sugar Quiz to learn of the many ways sugar sneaks into your diet and see what you know...
Salt Quiz: Test Your Diet IQ
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
Stress creeps into everyone's life at one time or another, while some people will suffer from poorly managed chronic stress. If...
Vertigo and Balance Disorders Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the quiz and find out the causes, symptoms, treatments, and ways to prevent the confusing balance disorder called vertigo....
Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
Even if you think you're getting enough fruits and vegetables per day, how can you be sure? Take the Diet & Nutrition Quiz to...
Headaches Quiz: Learn About Headache Pain
If you're plagued with headaches, our Headaches Quiz may help you identify causes, triggers, symptoms, and treatments for...
Exercise and Fitness Quiz: Test Your IQ
Take our Exercise and Fitness Quiz and learn to maximize your fitness level with simple exercises that do not require major...
Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
If you can't function without your morning cup of java or your afternoon caffeine jolt, this quiz is for you. Learn about your...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
Stress Pictures Slideshow: 10 Ways to Stop Stress
Feeling stressed? Watch this pictures slideshow for 10 ways to stop stress now. Focusing on breathing, journaling, and even...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Migraine Headaches: 14 Non-Drug Treatments for Migraines
Learn about 14 non-drug treatments for migraines. Acupuncture, biofeedback and massage therapy are among this list of non-drug...
Diet-Wrecking Foods: Smoothies, Lattes, Popcorn, and More in Pictures
It may seem healthy, but is it really? Many food frauds masquerade as diet food. See 23 foods that seem healthy but can be...
Diet Mistake Pictures: Crash Diets, High-Calorie Drinks, and More
Discover 10 common diet mistakes that may be preventing you from losing weight. Learn to avoid these diet blunders and watch the...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Portion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
Portion control can help with weight loss and help you stick to a healthy diet. But how much is too much? This photo guide will...
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet in Pictures
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way to eat healthy. We show you how to get the most from this diet with foods like olive...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
Stress-Free Holiday Travel Tips
Learn holiday travel tips for a stress-free adventure. The holidays can be a very stressful time and it is important to prepare...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Low-carb, high-protein diets are quite popular. High protein diets let you snack on protein-rich foods you love, but what are the...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
Pictures of Famous People Coping With Migraines
See how celebrities cope with the pain caused by migraines. Learn their methods used to prevent and relieve migraine pain....
No-Gym Workout in Pictures: Equipment, Routines, and More
Learn about this no-gym, at home quick workout. It can get you into great shape at home and shows the best moves for flat abs and...
10 Tips for a Healthier Fast Food Diet
Losing weight is tough on the road. Fast food can't compare to the health of a well-planned, balanced diet. But if you must eat...
Exercise and Fitness: 10 Budget-Friendly Exercise Gadgets
There are plenty of cheap and free ways to exercise. Learn about inexpensive ways to get in shape with the use of jump ropes,...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Related Disease Conditions
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...
Vertigo (Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, and Home Remedies)
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning or rocking, even when someone is at rest. Vertigo may be caused by a problem in the brain or...
Common Medical Abbreviations List (Acronyms and Definitions)
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions...
Constipation (Home Remedies and Medications for Relief)
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Sinus headache is caused by a sinus infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities. Symptoms of a sinus headache include pain,...
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Menstruation (menstrual cycle) is also referred to as a "period." When a woman menstruates, the lining of the uterus is shed....
Dizziness is a symptom that is often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of...
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Occipital Neuralgia (A Type of Headache)
Occipital neuralgia is a type of headache that involves inflammation or irritation of occipital nerves. Signs and symptoms...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
The term cluster headache is a type of headache that recurs over a period of time. There are episodes that last one to three...
Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in water, soil, and the air. Mercury also is contained in some fish, some of the...
Tylenol Liver Damage
Tylenol liver damage (acetaminophen) can occur from accidentally ingesting too much acetaminophen, or intentionally. Signs and...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Abdominal Migraines in Children and Adults
Abdominal migraine in adults and children is a variant of migraine headaches. Abdominal migraine in children generally occurs in...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
Double vision (diplopia) is a symptom that my indicate Graves' disease, myasthenia gravis, stroke, multiple sclerosis,...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Pain management and treatment can be simple or complex, according to its cause. There are two basic types of pain, nociceptive...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP) is also also known as "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome." Mitral valve prolapse is the...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Blindness is the state of being sightless. Causes of blindness include macular degeneration, stroke, cataract, glaucoma,...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Stress and Disease
Second Source article from Government...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Antiphospholipid syndrome (phospholipid antibody syndrome or Hughes syndrome) is an immune system disorder with symptoms that...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
When sleepiness interferes with daily routines and activities, or reduces the ability to function, it is called "problem...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
A spinal tap or an epidural block can cause a spinal headache. In these procedures, a needle is placed within the fluid-filled...
Migraine - Triggers
What are your migraine headache triggers?Post View 12 Comments
Migraine - Symptoms
What migraine headache symptoms do you experience?Post View 114 Comments
Migraine - Treatment
What kind of treatment do you get for your migraines? Does it help?Post View 72 Comments
Migraine - Relief
Do self-care measures give you relief from your migraine headaches? What do you do?Post View 2 Comments
Migraine Headache - Causes
Discuss the triggers for your migraine headaches.Post View 4 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Neurologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Blurred Vision
- Jaw Pain
- Cold Hands
- Eye Pain
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Vision Loss
- Pale Skin
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Double Vision
- Chronic Pain
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Migraine: Managing Migraine Misery
- Headaches and Migraine: Easing the Pain -- Seymour Diamond, MD
- Migraine & Headache Q & A
- Migraines Survival with Christina Peterson, M.D.
- Diet & Nutrition FAQs
- Headaches FAQs
- Sugar FAQs
- Caffeine FAQs
- Salt FAQs
- Stress FAQs
- Exercise and Fitness FAQs
- Vertigo Balance Disorders FAQs
- Migraine Symptoms
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- Are You Too Sick to Work?
- Headache: Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Headaches
- Beta Blockers: Why Take a Beta Blocker?
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Vestibular Migraine and Janet Jackson
- Ask the Experts - Pain Management
- Pain Management Over-The-Counter
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant, Fanatrex FusePag) Side Effects, Dosage, and Abuse
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- ibuprofen chewable - oral, Advil, Children's Advil, Motri
- divalproex sodium extended-release - oral, Depakote ER
- naproxen - oral, Anaprox, Naprosyn
- cromolyn liquid - oral, Gastrocrom
- zolmitriptan disintegrating tablet - oral, Zomig ZMT
- naproxen sustained-release - oral, Naprelan
- naproxen suspension - oral, Naprosyn
- topiramate sprinkles - oral, Topamax
- ibuprofen suspension - oral, Children's Advil, Children's M
- diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Voltaren
- zolmitriptan - oral, Zomig
- topiramate - oral, Topamax
- diclofenac - oral, Cataflam, Zipsor
- lorazepam - injection, Ativan
- sumatriptan spray - nasal, Imitrex
- cromolyn - oral, Gastrocrom
- divalproex sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Depakote
- sumatriptan tablet - oral, Imitrex
- propranolol s.r. - oral, Inderal LA
- ketoprofen - oral, Orudis
- zolmitriptan spray - nasal, Zomig
- sumatriptan succinate - subcutaneous injection, Alsuma, Imitrex, Sumavel DoseP
- propranolol - oral, Inderal
- eletriptan - oral, Relpax
- ibuprofen - oral, Advil, Motrin, Nuprin
- venlafaxine, Effexor XR (Effexor has been discontinued in the US)
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- Drug Interactions
- atenolol, Tenormin
- NONSTEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS (NSAID)-ORAL
- topiramate, Topamax, Qudexy XR, Topamax Sprinkle, Topiragen, Trokendi XR
- sumatriptan, Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro
- temazepam, Restoril
- tamoxifen (Soltamox, Nolvadex)
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- valproic acid, divalproex, Depakote, Depakote Sprinkle, Depakote ER, Depakene, Depacon, Stavzor
- metoclopramide, Reglan, Metozolv ODT, (Reglan ODT, Octamide, and Maxolon
- Periactin (cyproheptadine)
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- nifedipine, Adalat (discontinued brand), Procardia, Afeditab, Nifediac
- doxepin (Sinequan and Adapin are discontinued brand in the US; Silenor)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- nortriptyline, Pamelor, Aventyl - has been discontinued in the U.S.
- tricyclic antidepressants-oral, injection
- estrogens cream - vaginal
- rizatriptan tablet - oral, Maxalt
- nadolol (Corgard)
- butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine (Alagesic LQ, Capacet, Dolgic Plus, Esgic, Fioricet, and Others)
- nimodipine - oral, Nymalize
- danazol - oral, Danocrine
- imipramine, Tofranil, Tofranil-PM
- OTC Pain Relievers and Fever Reducers
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Verelan PM [Discontinued: Isoptin, Isoptin SR, Covera-HS])
- prochlorperazine - oral, Compazine
- prochlorperazine (Compazine, Compro)
- bromocriptine (Parlodel)
- estrogens conjugated, Premarin
- mefenamic acid - oral, Ponstel
- valproate sodium syrup - oral, Depakene
- estrogen/progestin - oral, Activella, Femhrt, Ortho-Prefe
- zolmitriptan, Zomig, Zomig-ZMT
- eletriptan, Relpax
- Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
- dong quai (Angelica sinensis, Chinese Angelica, Tang Kuei, Tan Kue Bai Zhi, Tanggwi, Toki)
- almotriptan - oral, Axert
- caffeine (Enerjets, No Doz, Vivarin)
- isometheptene, acetaminophen, dichloralphenazone - oral, Amidrine, Isocom, Midchlor, Mi
- naratriptan - oral, Amerge
- frovatriptan - oral, Frova
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- butorphanol tartrate - nasal, Stadol NS
- ergonovine maleate - oral
- atenolol and chlorthalidone, Tenoretic
- onabotulinumtoxinA, Botox, Botox Cosmetic
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- rizatriptan disintegrating tablet - oral, Maxalt MLT
- estrogens (synthetic)-vaginal cream
- aspirin gum - oral, Aspergum
- estrogens conjugated synthetic, Cenestin
- methysergide - oral
- dihydroergotamine - injection, D.H.E.45
- ergotamine - sublingual, Ergomar
- ergotamine/belladonna/phenobarbital - oral, Bellergal-S
- Conjugated Estrogens (Cenestin, Enjuvia, Estrace, and Others)
- Zecuity (sumatriptan iontophoretic patch)
- acetaminophen/phenyltoloxamine-oral, Dologesic, Flextra-650, Novagesic, Rhinoflex, Staflex
- Onzetra Xsail (sumatriptan nasal powder)
- norelgestromin/ethinyl estradiol patch - transdermal, Ortho Evra
- dihydroergotamine - nasal, Migranal
- ergotamine/caffeine - oral
- Sumavel DosePro
- Verelan PM
- Tenormin IV Injection
- Zomig Nasal Spray
- Imitrex Nasal Spray
- Codeine Sulfate
- Toprol XL
- Imitrex Injection
- Depakote ER
- DHE 45
Prevention & Wellness
- Why a Headache Feels So Draining
- Botox May Offer New Hope for Young Migraine Sufferers
- Skip Opioid Treatment for Migraine in the ER
- Hormone Therapy May Be OK for Women With Migraines
- Migraine Matters
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Non-Opioid Drug More Effective for Migraines: Study
- A Healthier Weight May Mean Fewer Migraines
- Study Ties Some Migraines to Artery Tears in Neck, Raising Stroke Risk
- Nasal 'Nerve Block' May Help Ease Kids' Migraines
- 'Off-Label' Antidepressants Common, But Where's the Evidence?
- Migraine Linked to Higher Stroke Risk After Surgery
- Migraine and Stroke Risk Linked Again
- Study Questions Use of Migraine Meds in Kids, Teens
- Mouth and Gut Germs May Be Linked to Migraines
- For Migraine Sufferers, Is a Chiropractor's Touch All in the Mind?
- Ketamine May Treat Migraine, Chronic Pain
- Homing In on the Genetics of Migraine
- Vitamin Deficiencies Common in Young Migraine Sufferers
- Experimental Drug Acts Fast Against Chronic Migraine
- FDA Investigating Migraine Patch Skin Reactions
- Exploring the Link Between Estrogen and Migraines
- Women With Migraine May Face Higher Threat of Heart Disease, Stroke
- Migraines Take Toll on Spouse
- Giving the 'Green Light' to Migraine Relief
- Botox Can Be Used for Chronic Migraine, Experts Say
- Severe Migraines Linked to Complications During Pregnancy, Childbirth
- Emotional Abuse During Childhood Linked to Adult Migraine Risk
- Migraines May Worsen as Menopause Approaches
- Asthma Linked to Chronic Migraines in Some People
- Asthma Appears to Double Chronic Migraine Risk
- Blood Test Might One Day Help Spot Migraines
- Headaches Are Common in Kids, Teens
- Older Smokers With Migraines May Face Added Stroke Risk
- Childhood Trauma Tied to Migraine Risk as Adult
- Health Tip: Log Symptoms in a Headache Diary
- Surgery May Help Teens With Frequent Migraines, Study Contends
- New Drugs Might Prevent Migraines Before They Start
- Most Children With Migraines Don't Get Proven Treatments: Study
- High School Football Players May Be at Doubled Risk of Migraine
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Narcotic Painkillers, Barbiturates
- Pregnancy Often Leads to Changes in Migraines
- Chronic Migraines Take Big Toll on Families, Survey Finds
- Migraines Often Undiagnosed, Doctor Says
- Migraine Drug May Up Risk of Eating Disorders in Some Teens
- Migraine, Carpal Tunnel May Be Linked
- Could Your Child Have Migraines?
- Nerve Treatment Via Nose Shows Promise Against Migraines
- Kids Can Get Migraines Too
- Study Rates Migraine Medications
- Abuse in Childhood Tied to Migraines in Adulthood
- Expert Offers Tips for Preventing Holiday Migraines
- Migraine May Raise Risk for Bell's Palsy, Study Suggests
- No Link Between Migraine, Breast Cancer Risk, Study Says
- Health Tip: When Headaches Signal Trouble
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Raise Risk of Severe Headaches, Scientists Report
- Noninvasive Devices May Help Migraines, FDA Says
- Are Migraines in Middle Age Tied to Raised Parkinson's Risk Later?
- Cosmetic Eye Procedure May Ease Migraines, Small Study Says
- Health Tip: Easing Headache Pain
- Surgery Doubted as a Migraine Reliever
- Chronic Migraines Affect the Whole Family
- Migraines May Worsen During Menopause
- Head Injuries Tied to Higher Migraine Risk for Veterans
- Migraines Linked to Increased Risk of 'Silent Strokes'
- New Drugs May Help Prevent Migraines
- Health Tip: What May Trigger Tension Headaches
- Could Reducing Stress Help Bring On a Migraine?
- Topamax Approval for Migraines Expanded to Younger Users
- FDA Approves First Device to Prevent Migraines
- Migraines Linked to Artery Networks in Brain
- Migraine Doctors in Short Supply Across U.S.
- Most Pregnant Women Treated for Migraines Able to Deliver Vaginally
- Acute Migraines More Apt to Turn Chronic With Poor Treatment
- Migraine With Aura May Be Linked to All Stroke Types
- Gene Discoveries Could Give Insight Into Migraines
- Obesity May Boost Migraine Odds
- Having Both Migraines, Depression May Mean Smaller Brain
- Migraine, Chronic Back Pain Tied to Higher Suicide Risk
- Drugs Can Sometimes Prevent Migraines, but at a Cost
- Figuring Out Your Migraine Triggers Is Tricky
- Colic May Be Linked to Childhood Migraine, Study Says
- Battery-Operated Skin Patch Offers New Option for Migraine Sufferers
- Brain Differences Seen in People With Migraines
- Nerve-Stimulating Device Might Ease Migraines
- No Proof Drugs Ease Kids' Migraines: Study
- Could Lightning Spur Headaches and Migraines?
- Migraine Triggers May Not Always Trigger Migraines
- FDA Approves 1st Skin Patch to Combat Migraines
- Migraine Sufferers Stigmatized Because of Their Condition: Study
- Some Migraines Linked to Heart Attack, Blood Clots
- Epilepsy, Migraines May Have Family Ties
- More Deaths, Illness Linked to Energy Drinks
- Kids' Headaches Rarely Due to Vision Problems, Study Finds
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Migraines May Hurt Kids' Grades Too
- The 10 Most Annoying Sounds and Why They Bother Us
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- 'Where Is My Excedrin?'
- Migraines Not Linked to Decline in Thinking Skills
- Botox May Ease Tremors in Multiple Sclerosis Patients
- Health Tip: Have Your Headaches Evaluated
- Health Tip: Preventing Headaches
- Weather Triggers Migraine Headaches
- Some Kinds of Red Wine May Not Trigger Migraines
- Few Migraine Sufferers Referred for Behavioral Treatments
- Scientists Spot More Migraine Genes
- Health Tip: What Triggers Your Migraines?
- Health Tip: Log Migraine Details in a Diary
- Two-Drug Combo Helps Teens With Migraines
- Migraines More Likely for People With Celiac Disease, Study Says
- Children Usually Excluded From Clinical Drug Trials: Study
- Botox Only Modestly Effective for Migraines
- Migraine Guidelines Focus on Prevention
- New Clue to Brain Freeze
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Growing
- Hormonal Changes May Trigger Migraines in Some Women
- FDA Mulls Expanding Patients' Access to Certain Drugs
- Health Highlights: March 12, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 9, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Migraines Linked to Depression
- Study Links Colic in Infants to Migraines in Moms
- FDA Weighs Fate of Qnexa for Weight Loss, Again
- Health Tip: Coping With Migraines During Pregnancy
- Narrowed Artery Condition Often Goes Undiagnosed: Study
- Acupuncture May Be Effective for Migraines
- Bufferin, Excedrin, NoDoz, Gas-X Recalled
- Headaches May Plague Many With HIV/AIDS
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Americans Are Flocking to Alternative Therapies
- 'Placebo Effect' May Be Common in Headache Treatment
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls Topamax Due to Odor
- Qnexa Yields Up to Nearly a 10% Weight Loss: Study
- Weight Loss After Bariatric Surgery May Ease Migraines
- Serene Branson Migraine: Your Questions Answered
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter