Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on one side of the head, and sometimes nausea and vomiting. The exact cause of migraine headaches is not known.
Triggers for migraine headaches include certain foods, stress, hormonal changes, strong stimuli (loud noises), and oversleeping.
Treatment guidelines for migraines include medicine, pain management, diet changes, avoiding foods that trigger migraines, staying hydrated, getting adequate sleep, and exercising regularly. Prevention of migraine triggers include getting regular exercise, drinking water daily, reducing stress, and avoiding trigger foods. Read more: Migraine Headache Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
Stress creeps into everyone's life at one time or another, while some people will suffer from poorly managed chronic stress. If...
Vertigo and Balance Disorders Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the quiz and find out the causes, symptoms, treatments, and ways to prevent the confusing balance disorder called vertigo....
Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
Even if you think you're getting enough fruits and vegetables per day, how can you be sure? Take the Diet & Nutrition Quiz to...
Headaches Quiz: Learn About Headache Pain
If you're plagued with headaches, our Headaches Quiz may help you identify causes, triggers, symptoms, and treatments for...
Exercise and Fitness Quiz: Test Your IQ
Take our Exercise and Fitness Quiz and learn to maximize your fitness level with simple exercises that do not require major...
Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
If you can't function without your morning cup of java or your afternoon caffeine jolt, this quiz is for you. Learn about your...
Pain Quiz: Test Your IQ of Pain
Is pain all in the brain? Take the Pain Quiz to learn everything you've ever wanted to know about the unpleasant sensation we...
Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
What is depression? Get information on symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments for many types of depression including major...
Balance Disorders: Vertigo, Motion Sickness, Labyrinthitis, and More
What is vertigo? What causes dizziness? Understand different balance disorders and symptoms such as vertigo, motion sickness,...
Pain Management: 15 Easy Ways to Reduce Chronic Pain
Chronic pain can be a symptom of many conditions, including arthritis, headaches, and others. Comprehensive pain management...
Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
These seven exercises deliver fitness results at home or in the gym. Start your training to better physical health with the most...
Chronic Pain Syndrome: Treatment and Management for CPS
What is chronic pain syndrome (CPS)? See causes, symptoms and treatment options including medications. Learn about pain...
12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Healthy Dieting Myths and Facts
Learn about healthy dieting myths and facts. Can't tell fact from fiction about weight loss and healthy eating? Discover the...
Physical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
Depression can cause physical problems such as insomnia, chest pain, fatigue, headaches, and more. Learn the signs of depression...
Fibromyalgia Treatments and Tips to Ease Pain and Other Symptoms
What is fibromyalgia? Learn about fibromyalgia symptoms such as trigger points (also called tender points), learn what causes...
Stress Pictures Slideshow: 10 Ways to Stop Stress
Feeling stressed? Watch this pictures slideshow for 10 ways to stop stress now. Focusing on breathing, journaling, and even...
Migraine and Headaches: Top Migraine Hacks
A migraine can be more than just a whopping headache. Try these self-care tips for relief before and after it hits....
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Fibromyalgia Pain Relief With Stretching and Strength Exercises in Pictures
Living with fibromyalgia is painful. By making simple exercise modifications, you can boost your energy, decrease pain and...
Foods That Help Fight Depression
Food cannot prevent depression, but a healthy diet may boost your mood. Foods like salmon, carrots, Brazil nuts and even...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
Migraine Headaches: 14 Non-Drug Treatments for Migraines
Learn about 14 non-drug treatments for migraines. Acupuncture, biofeedback and massage therapy are among this list of non-drug...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
Exercise and Fitness: 10 Budget-Friendly Exercise Gadgets
There are plenty of cheap and free ways to exercise. Learn about inexpensive ways to get in shape with the use of jump ropes,...
Pain: Why Does My Head Ache?
Find out what's behind your headache, and get some strategies to bring you relief for your pain....
Pictures of Famous People Coping With Migraines
See how celebrities cope with the pain caused by migraines. Learn their methods used to prevent and relieve migraine pain....
No-Gym Workout in Pictures: Equipment, Routines, and More
Learn about this no-gym, at home quick workout. It can get you into great shape at home and shows the best moves for flat abs and...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Related Disease Conditions
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Dizziness is a symptom that often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of dizziness...
Menstruation (Menstrual Cycle)
Menstruation (menstrual cycle) is also referred to as a "period." When a woman menstruates, the lining of the uterus is shed....
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...
Fainting (Syncope) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Vertigo (Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, and Home Remedies)
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning or rocking, even when someone is at rest. Vertigo may be caused by a problem in the brain or...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Seizures Symptoms and Types
Seizures are divided into two categories: generalized and partial. Generalized seizures are produced by electrical impulses from...
Occipital Neuralgia (Headache)
Occipital neuralgia is a type of headache that involves inflammation or irritation of occipital nerves. Signs and symptoms...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which the person has seizures. There are two kinds of seizures, focal and generalized. There are...
Double vision (diplopia) is a symptom that my indicate Graves' disease, myasthenia gravis, stroke, multiple sclerosis,...
Abdominal Migraines in Children and Adults
Abdominal migraine in adults and children is a variant of migraine headaches. Abdominal migraine in children generally occurs in...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Pregnancy Planning (Tips)
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes...
Pain management and treatment can be simple or complex, according to its cause. There are two basic types of pain, nociceptive...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
Cluster headaches are a type of headache that recurs over a period. Episodes can last one to three times a day during this time,...
Migraines and Seizures (Symptoms, Auras, Medication)
Migraines are a type of headache and seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Migraine headaches and seizures are two...
Antiphospholipid syndrome (phospholipid antibody syndrome or Hughes syndrome) is an immune system disorder with symptoms that...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Headache Natural Home Remedies
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
Migraine and Stroke (Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Migraine headache is a type of headache in which the exact cause is not known; however, they may be inherited, and certain...
When sleepiness interferes with daily routines and activities, or reduces the ability to function, it is called "problem...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
Local ResourcesFind a local Neurologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Cold Hands
- Blurred Vision
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Jaw Pain
- Pale Skin
- Eye Pain
- Vision Loss
- Double Vision
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Chronic Pain
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Migraine & Headache Q & A
- Migraines Survival with Christina Peterson, M.D.
- Migraine: Managing Migraine Misery
- Headaches and Migraine: Easing the Pain -- Seymour Diamond, MD
- Diet & Nutrition FAQs
- Headaches FAQs
- Caffeine FAQs
- Pain FAQs
- Stress FAQs
- Exercise and Fitness FAQs
- Vertigo Balance Disorders FAQs
- Vestibular Migraine and Janet Jackson
- Pain Management Over-The-Counter
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Headache: Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Headaches
- Beta Blockers: Why Take a Beta Blocker?
- Doctors Answer Pain Questions
- Migraine Symptoms
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- gabapentin (Neurontin)
- ibuprofen chewable - oral, Advil, Children's Advil, Motri
- divalproex sodium extended-release - oral, Depakote ER
- naproxen - oral, Anaprox, Naprosyn
- zolmitriptan disintegrating tablet - oral, Zomig ZMT
- naproxen sustained-release - oral, Naprelan
- naproxen suspension - oral, Naprosyn
- topiramate sprinkles - oral, Topamax
- ibuprofen suspension - oral, Children's Advil, Children's M
- diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Voltaren
- zolmitriptan - oral, Zomig
- topiramate - oral, Topamax
- diclofenac - oral, Cataflam, Zipsor
- lorazepam - injection, Ativan
- sumatriptan spray - nasal, Imitrex
- divalproex sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Depakote
- sumatriptan tablet - oral, Imitrex
- propranolol s.r. - oral, Inderal LA
- ketoprofen - oral, Orudis
- zolmitriptan spray - nasal, Zomig
- sumatriptan succinate - subcutaneous injection, Alsuma, Imitrex, Sumavel DoseP
- eletriptan - oral, Relpax
- ibuprofen - oral, Advil, Motrin, Nuprin
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- Benzodiazepines vs. Barbiturates
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- temazepam (Restoril)
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- venlafaxine, Effexor XR (Effexor has been discontinued in the US)
- valproic acid, divalproex, Depakote, Depakote Sprinkle, Depakote ER, Depakene, Depacon, Stavzor
- Drug Interactions
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- Aleve (naproxen) vs. Celebrex (celecoxib)
- atenolol, Tenormin
- erenumab (Aimovig)
- sumatriptan, Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- Periactin (cyproheptadine)
- tricyclic antidepressants-oral, injection
- nifedipine (Procardia, Adalat, Afeditab)
- metoclopramide, Reglan, Metozolv ODT, (Reglan ODT, Octamide, and Maxolon
- topiramate, Topamax, Qudexy XR, Topamax Sprinkle, Topiragen, Trokendi XR
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- Dilaudid vs. Oxycodone
- doxepin (Sinequan and Adapin are discontinued brand in the US; Silenor)
- butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine (Alagesic LQ, Capacet, Dolgic Plus, Esgic, Fioricet, and Others)
- tamoxifen (Soltamox, Nolvadex)
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- nortriptyline, Pamelor, Aventyl - has been discontinued in the U.S.
- Emgality (galcanezumab-gnlm)
- prochlorperazine (Compazine, Compro)
- prednisolone (Orapred, Pediapred)
- rizatriptan tablet - oral, Maxalt
- nadolol (Corgard)
- mefenamic acid - oral, Ponstel
- imipramine (Tofranil)
- danazol - oral, Danocrine
- dong quai (Angelica sinensis, Chinese Angelica, Tang Kuei, Tan Kue Bai Zhi, Tanggwi, Toki)
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Verelan PM [Discontinued: Isoptin, Isoptin SR, Covera-HS])
- valproate sodium syrup - oral, Depakene
- rizatriptan disintegrating tablet - oral, Maxalt MLT
- OTC Pain Relievers and Fever Reducers
- almotriptan - oral, Axert
- nimodipine - oral, Nymalize
- eletriptan, Relpax
- butorphanol tartrate - nasal, Stadol NS
- prochlorperazine - oral, Compazine
- atenolol and chlorthalidone, Tenoretic
- bromocriptine (Parlodel)
- naratriptan - oral, Amerge
- ergonovine maleate - oral
- Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- zolmitriptan, Zomig, Zomig-ZMT
- frovatriptan - oral, Frova
- dihydroergotamine - injection, D.H.E.45
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- acetaminophen/phenyltoloxamine-oral, Dologesic, Flextra-650, Novagesic, Rhinoflex, Staflex
- isometheptene, acetaminophen, dichloralphenazone - oral, Amidrine, Isocom, Midchlor, Mi
- methysergide - oral
- ergotamine/belladonna/phenobarbital - oral, Bellergal-S
- Zecuity (sumatriptan iontophoretic patch)
- dihydroergotamine - nasal, Migranal
- onabotulinumtoxinA, Botox, Botox Cosmetic
- ergotamine - sublingual, Ergomar
- Onzetra Xsail (sumatriptan nasal powder)
- Codeine Sulfate
- Imitrex Injection
- Tenormin IV Injection
- Sumavel DosePro
- Verelan PM
- Zomig Nasal Spray
- Imitrex Nasal Spray
- Toprol XL
- Depakote ER
- DHE 45
Prevention & Wellness
- Dry Eye and Migraines Might Be Linked: Study
- Control Your Blood Pressure to Head Off Serious Health Problems
- Migraine's 'Silver Lining': Lowered Risk for Diabetes?
- Botox May Help Prevent Post-Op A-Fib
- Health Tip: Understanding Migraines
- Health Tip: Understanding Migraines
- FDA Approves Third of New Migraine Drugs
- FDA Approves 2nd Migraine Prevention Drug
- Magnetic Stimulation Device Approved to Treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Study Hints at Why Women Suffer More Migraines Than Men
- Pain, Sleeplessness Often Precede MS: Study
- To Fend Off Migraines, Try Keeping a Headache Diary
- Neurological Fallout From Ebola Infection Worse Than Thought
- Could Estrogen Play a Role in Men's Migraines?
- Non-Drug Migraine Treatments Often Ignored
- Another Drug to Prevent Migraines Shows Promise
- Aimovig Approved to Prevent Migraines
- FDA Approves First Drug Aimed at Preventing Migraines
- The Cold Truth About Migraine Headaches
- New Therapy May Prevent Tough-to-Treat Migraines
- One Man Got a Nasty Surprise From World's Hottest Chili Pepper
- 'Magnetic Pulse' Device May Be New Way to Prevent Migraines
- Sometimes, Headaches Can Be an Emergency. Here's When.
- Migraines Tied to Higher Heart Trouble Risk
- Another Legacy of Terror Attacks: Migraines
- New Migraine Drugs Show Promise
- Why a Headache Feels So Draining
- Botox May Offer New Hope for Young Migraine Sufferers
- Skip Opioid Treatment for Migraine in the ER
- Hormone Therapy May Be OK for Women With Migraines
- Migraine Matters
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Non-Opioid Drug More Effective for Migraines: Study
- A Healthier Weight May Mean Fewer Migraines
- Study Ties Some Migraines to Artery Tears in Neck, Raising Stroke Risk
- Nasal 'Nerve Block' May Help Ease Kids' Migraines
- 'Off-Label' Antidepressants Common, But Where's the Evidence?
- Migraine Linked to Higher Stroke Risk After Surgery
- Migraine and Stroke Risk Linked Again
- Study Questions Use of Migraine Meds in Kids, Teens
- Mouth and Gut Germs May Be Linked to Migraines
- For Migraine Sufferers, Is a Chiropractor's Touch All in the Mind?
- Ketamine May Treat Migraine, Chronic Pain
- Homing In on the Genetics of Migraine
- Vitamin Deficiencies Common in Young Migraine Sufferers
- Experimental Drug Acts Fast Against Chronic Migraine
- FDA Investigating Migraine Patch Skin Reactions
- Exploring the Link Between Estrogen and Migraines
- Women With Migraine May Face Higher Threat of Heart Disease, Stroke
- Migraines Take Toll on Spouse
- Giving the 'Green Light' to Migraine Relief
- Botox Can Be Used for Chronic Migraine, Experts Say
- Severe Migraines Linked to Complications During Pregnancy, Childbirth
- Emotional Abuse During Childhood Linked to Adult Migraine Risk
- Migraines May Worsen as Menopause Approaches
- Asthma Linked to Chronic Migraines in Some People
- Asthma Appears to Double Chronic Migraine Risk
- Blood Test Might One Day Help Spot Migraines
- Headaches Are Common in Kids, Teens
- Older Smokers With Migraines May Face Added Stroke Risk
- Childhood Trauma Tied to Migraine Risk as Adult
- Health Tip: Log Symptoms in a Headache Diary
- Surgery May Help Teens With Frequent Migraines, Study Contends
- New Drugs Might Prevent Migraines Before They Start
- Most Children With Migraines Don't Get Proven Treatments: Study
- High School Football Players May Be at Doubled Risk of Migraine
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Narcotic Painkillers, Barbiturates
- Pregnancy Often Leads to Changes in Migraines
- Chronic Migraines Take Big Toll on Families, Survey Finds
- Migraines Often Undiagnosed, Doctor Says
- Migraine Drug May Up Risk of Eating Disorders in Some Teens
- Migraine, Carpal Tunnel May Be Linked
- Could Your Child Have Migraines?
- Nerve Treatment Via Nose Shows Promise Against Migraines
- Kids Can Get Migraines Too
- Study Rates Migraine Medications
- Abuse in Childhood Tied to Migraines in Adulthood
- Expert Offers Tips for Preventing Holiday Migraines
- Migraine May Raise Risk for Bell's Palsy, Study Suggests
- No Link Between Migraine, Breast Cancer Risk, Study Says
- Health Tip: When Headaches Signal Trouble
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Raise Risk of Severe Headaches, Scientists Report
- Noninvasive Devices May Help Migraines, FDA Says
- Are Migraines in Middle Age Tied to Raised Parkinson's Risk Later?
- Cosmetic Eye Procedure May Ease Migraines, Small Study Says
- Health Tip: Easing Headache Pain
- Surgery Doubted as a Migraine Reliever
- Chronic Migraines Affect the Whole Family
- Migraines May Worsen During Menopause
- Head Injuries Tied to Higher Migraine Risk for Veterans
- Migraines Linked to Increased Risk of 'Silent Strokes'
- New Drugs May Help Prevent Migraines
- Health Tip: What May Trigger Tension Headaches
- Could Reducing Stress Help Bring On a Migraine?
- Topamax Approval for Migraines Expanded to Younger Users
- FDA Approves First Device to Prevent Migraines
- Migraines Linked to Artery Networks in Brain
- Migraine Doctors in Short Supply Across U.S.
- Most Pregnant Women Treated for Migraines Able to Deliver Vaginally
- Acute Migraines More Apt to Turn Chronic With Poor Treatment
- Migraine With Aura May Be Linked to All Stroke Types
- Gene Discoveries Could Give Insight Into Migraines
- Obesity May Boost Migraine Odds
- Having Both Migraines, Depression May Mean Smaller Brain
- Migraine, Chronic Back Pain Tied to Higher Suicide Risk
- Drugs Can Sometimes Prevent Migraines, but at a Cost
- Figuring Out Your Migraine Triggers Is Tricky
- Colic May Be Linked to Childhood Migraine, Study Says
- Battery-Operated Skin Patch Offers New Option for Migraine Sufferers
- Brain Differences Seen in People With Migraines
- Nerve-Stimulating Device Might Ease Migraines
- No Proof Drugs Ease Kids' Migraines: Study
- Could Lightning Spur Headaches and Migraines?
- Migraine Triggers May Not Always Trigger Migraines
- FDA Approves 1st Skin Patch to Combat Migraines
- Migraine Sufferers Stigmatized Because of Their Condition: Study
- Some Migraines Linked to Heart Attack, Blood Clots
- Epilepsy, Migraines May Have Family Ties
- More Deaths, Illness Linked to Energy Drinks
- Kids' Headaches Rarely Due to Vision Problems, Study Finds
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Migraines May Hurt Kids' Grades Too
- The 10 Most Annoying Sounds and Why They Bother Us
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- 'Where Is My Excedrin?'
- Migraines Not Linked to Decline in Thinking Skills
- Botox May Ease Tremors in Multiple Sclerosis Patients
- Health Tip: Have Your Headaches Evaluated
- Health Tip: Preventing Headaches
- Weather Triggers Migraine Headaches
- Some Kinds of Red Wine May Not Trigger Migraines
- Few Migraine Sufferers Referred for Behavioral Treatments
- Scientists Spot More Migraine Genes
- Health Tip: What Triggers Your Migraines?
- Health Tip: Log Migraine Details in a Diary
- Two-Drug Combo Helps Teens With Migraines
- Migraines More Likely for People With Celiac Disease, Study Says
- Children Usually Excluded From Clinical Drug Trials: Study
- Botox Only Modestly Effective for Migraines
- Migraine Guidelines Focus on Prevention
- New Clue to Brain Freeze
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Growing
- Hormonal Changes May Trigger Migraines in Some Women
- FDA Mulls Expanding Patients' Access to Certain Drugs
- Health Highlights: March 12, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 9, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Migraines Linked to Depression
- Study Links Colic in Infants to Migraines in Moms
- FDA Weighs Fate of Qnexa for Weight Loss, Again
- Health Tip: Coping With Migraines During Pregnancy
- Narrowed Artery Condition Often Goes Undiagnosed: Study
- Acupuncture May Be Effective for Migraines
- Bufferin, Excedrin, NoDoz, Gas-X Recalled
- Headaches May Plague Many With HIV/AIDS
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Americans Are Flocking to Alternative Therapies
- 'Placebo Effect' May Be Common in Headache Treatment
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls Topamax Due to Odor
- Qnexa Yields Up to Nearly a 10% Weight Loss: Study
- Weight Loss After Bariatric Surgery May Ease Migraines
- Serene Branson Migraine: Your Questions Answered
Migraines and Headaches Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter