Trending Migraine Topics
Migraine is usually periodic attacks of headaches on one or both sides of the head. Migraines may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, increased sensitivity light or sound, dizziness, blurred vision, cognitive disturbances, and other symptoms. Treatments include therapies and medication.
What triggers headaches and migraines? Watch this slideshow to learn some surprising causes of headaches and migraines plus how to find relief.
Related Disease Conditions
Cluster headaches are a type of headache that recurs over a period. Episodes can last one to three times a day during this time,...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Headache Home Remedies
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
How Do You Get Rid of a Migraine Fast?
Migraine is a neurological condition that is characterized by recurrent episodes of intense headaches. It may be associated with...
How Long Do Migraines Last For?
Migraines typically last from four to 72 hours. The frequency of migraines differs for everyone, but usually, there would be two...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
A spinal tap or an epidural block can cause a spinal headache. In these procedures, a needle is placed within the fluid-filled...
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
What Are the Different Types of Headaches?
Pain originating in any region of the face, head or neck is called headache. This pain can be dull or severe and localized to the...
What Are the First Signs of a Migraine?
The first sign of a migraine is severe eye pain associated with a dull headache. Migraines gradually worsen with physical...
What Causes Headaches at the Back of the Head?
Headaches in the back of the head can have a number of different causes; it might only be due to a minor injury or it can be a...
What Causes Migraines?
A migraine is a complex disorder that involves episodes of recurrent and severe headaches. An episode of a migraine can be very...
What Causes Migraines in Women?
Migraine is most commonly seen in women. Every three out of four women are affected by migraines. Some of the most common...
What Is the Best Cure for Migraine?
The best cure for migraine involves preventive medications and lifestyle changes. Some newer medications and therapies are...
What Is the Most Common Type of Migraine?
The most common type of migraine is migraine without aura (common migraine). 70-90% of people with migraine experience this type....
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Pictures of Famous People Coping With Migraines
See how celebrities cope with the pain caused by migraines. Learn their methods used to prevent and relieve migraine pain....
Pain: Why Does My Head Ache?
Find out what's behind your headache, and get some strategies to bring you relief for your pain....
16 Surprising Headache Triggers and Tips for Pain Relief
Do you have frequent headaches? Learn the most common headache triggers for tension headaches, sinus headaches, cluster headaches...
Headaches Quiz: Learn About Headache Pain
If you're plagued with headaches, our Headaches Quiz may help you identify causes, triggers, symptoms, and treatments for...
Migraine and Headaches: Top Migraine Hacks
A migraine can be more than just a whopping headache. Try these self-care tips for relief before and after it hits....
Migraine or Tension Headache? Symptoms, Triggers, Treatments
What does a migraine headache feel like compared to a tension headache? Learn to spot migraine symptoms early, how to identify...
Migraine Headaches: 14 Non-Drug Treatments for Migraines
Learn about 14 non-drug treatments for migraines. Acupuncture, biofeedback and massage therapy are among this list of non-drug...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Can Botox Cure Migraines?
- Headache: Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Headaches
- How Do You Get Rid of a Migraine?
- How to Treat Rebound Headaches
- Migraine Symptoms
- What Is the Recovery Time for a Blood Patch after a Lumbar Puncture?
- Vestibular Migraine and Janet Jackson
- What Are the Side Effects of Acetaminophen?
Medications & Supplements
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- erenumab (Aimovig)
- Aimovig (erenumab-aooe)
- cyproheptadine (Periactin)
- eletriptan, Relpax
- Emgality Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- fenoprofen (Nalfon)
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- frovatriptan - oral, Frova
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine (Alagesic LQ, Capacet, Dolgic Plus, Esgic, Fioricet, and Others)
- Onzetra Xsail (sumatriptan nasal powder)
- Side Effects of Imitrex (sumatriptan)
- Side Effects of Onzetra Xsail (sumatriptan)
- Side Effects of Topamax (topiramate)
- sumatriptan, Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro
- Zecuity (sumatriptan iontophoretic patch)
- zolmitriptan (Zomig, Zomig-ZMT)
- Side Effects of Zomig (zolmitriptan)