Trending Migraine Topics
Migraine is usually periodic attacks of headaches on one or both sides of the head. Migraines may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, increased sensitivity light or sound, dizziness, blurred vision, cognitive disturbances, and other symptoms. Treatments include therapies and medication.
What triggers headaches and migraines? Watch this slideshow to learn some surprising causes of headaches and migraines plus how to find relief.
Related Disease Conditions
Cluster headaches are a type of headache that recurs over a period. Episodes can last one to three times a day during this time,...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Headache Natural Home Remedies
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
A spinal tap or an epidural block can cause a spinal headache. In these procedures, a needle is placed within the fluid-filled...
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Pictures of Famous People Coping With Migraines
See how celebrities cope with the pain caused by migraines. Learn their methods used to prevent and relieve migraine pain....
Pain: Why Does My Head Ache?
Find out what's behind your headache, and get some strategies to bring you relief for your pain....
12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Headaches Quiz: Learn About Headache Pain
If you're plagued with headaches, our Headaches Quiz may help you identify causes, triggers, symptoms, and treatments for...
Migraine and Headaches: Top Migraine Hacks
A migraine can be more than just a whopping headache. Try these self-care tips for relief before and after it hits....
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
Migraine Headaches: 14 Non-Drug Treatments for Migraines
Learn about 14 non-drug treatments for migraines. Acupuncture, biofeedback and massage therapy are among this list of non-drug...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Can Botox Cure Migraines?
- Headache: Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Headaches
- How Do You Get Rid of a Migraine?
- How to Treat Rebound Headaches
- Migraine Symptoms
- What Is the Recovery Time for a Blood Patch after a Lumbar Puncture?
- Vestibular Migraine and Janet Jackson
- What Are the Side Effects of Acetaminophen?
Medications & Supplements
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- erenumab (Aimovig)
- Periactin (cyproheptadine)
- eletriptan, Relpax
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- frovatriptan - oral, Frova
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine (Alagesic LQ, Capacet, Dolgic Plus, Esgic, Fioricet, and Others)
- Onzetra Xsail (sumatriptan nasal powder)
- sumatriptan, Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro
- Zecuity (sumatriptan iontophoretic patch)
- zolmitriptan, Zomig, Zomig-ZMT
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Magnetic Pulse' Device May Be New Way to Prevent Migraines
- Aimovig Approved to Prevent Migraines
- Another Drug to Prevent Migraines Shows Promise
- Could Estrogen Play a Role in Men's Migraines?
- FDA Approves 2nd Migraine Prevention Drug
- FDA Approves First Drug Aimed at Preventing Migraines
- FDA Approves Third of New Migraine Drugs
- Health Tip: Understanding Migraines
- Health Tip: Understanding Migraines
- Migraines Tied to Higher Heart Trouble Risk
- New Therapy May Prevent Tough-to-Treat Migraines
- Non-Drug Migraine Treatments Often Ignored
- Sometimes, Headaches Can Be an Emergency. Here's When.
- The Cold Truth About Migraine Headaches
- To Fend Off Migraines, Try Keeping a Headache Diary
- Study Hints at Why Women Suffer More Migraines Than Men