Trending Migraine Topics
Migraine is usually periodic attacks of headaches on one or both sides of the head. Migraines may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, increased sensitivity light or sound, dizziness, blurred vision, cognitive disturbances, and other symptoms. Treatments include therapies and medication.
What triggers headaches and migraines? Watch this slideshow to learn some surprising causes of headaches and migraines plus how to find relief.
Related Disease Conditions
The term cluster headache is a type of headache that recurs over a period of time. There are episodes that last one to three...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...
A spinal tap or an epidural block can cause a spinal headache. In these procedures, a needle is placed within the fluid-filled...
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Pictures of Famous People Coping With Migraines
See how celebrities cope with the pain caused by migraines. Learn their methods used to prevent and relieve migraine pain....
Slideshow: 12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Headaches Quiz: Learn About Headache Pain
If you're plagued with headaches, our Headaches Quiz may help you identify causes, triggers, symptoms, and treatments for...
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
Migraine Headaches: 14 Non-Drug Treatments for Migraines
Learn about 14 non-drug treatments for migraines. Acupuncture, biofeedback and massage therapy are among this list of non-drug...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Can Botox Cure Migraines?
- How Do You Get Rid of a Migraine?
- How to Treat Rebound Headaches
- What Is the Recovery Time for a Blood Patch after a Lumbar Puncture?
- What Are the Side Effects of Acetaminophen?
- Headache: Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Headaches
- Migraine Symptoms
- Vestibular Migraine and Janet Jackson
Medications & Supplements
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- Periactin (cyproheptadine)
- eletriptan, Relpax
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- frovatriptan - oral, Frova
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine (Alagesic LQ, Capacet, Dolgic Plus, Esgic, Fioricet, and Others)
- Onzetra Xsail (sumatriptan nasal powder)
- sumatriptan, Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro
- Zecuity (sumatriptan iontophoretic patch)
- zolmitriptan, Zomig, Zomig-ZMT
Prevention & Wellness
- A Healthier Weight May Mean Fewer Migraines
- Another Legacy of Terror Attacks: Migraines
- Botox May Offer New Hope for Young Migraine Sufferers
- Brain Research Fuels New Migraine Treatments
- Cluster Headaches Can Defy Diagnosis But Respond to Treatment
- Severe Headaches Plague Vets With Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Hormone Therapy May Be OK for Women With Migraines
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unnecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Migraine Linked to Higher Stroke Risk After Surgery
- Migraine Matters
- Migraine Warning Signs May Differ in Kids, Adults
- Study Ties Some Migraines to Artery Tears in Neck, Raising Stroke Risk
- Nasal 'Nerve Block' May Help Ease Kids' Migraines
- New Migraine Drugs Show Promise
- Non-Opioid Drug More Effective for Migraines: Study
- Skip Opioid Treatment for Migraine in the ER
- Video Call May Be as Good as Doctor Visit for Headache
- Why a Headache Feels So Draining
- Wireless Arm Patch May Blunt Migraine Pain