Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
IMAGESSee pictures of Bacterial Skin Conditions See Images
Related Disease Conditions
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
Kidney Failure (Symptoms, Signs, Stages, Causes, and Treatment)
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV. Symptoms include fever and...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a lung condition in which trauma to the lungs leads to inflammation of the lungs,...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Could New Pig Virus Pose Threat to People?
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Dangerous Viruses
- Bats Harbor Viruses That Could Cause Outbreaks in Humans
- Toys Remain Viral Playground for 24 Hours
- More Than Half of U.S. States Not Well Prepared for Disease Outbreaks: Study
- Researchers Uncover Different Variations of MERS Virus
- Synthetic MERS Vaccine Works in Animal Tests
- Airport Screenings Miss Roughly Half of Sick Travelers: Study
- Survey Reveals Concerns Over Ebola
- MERS Virus Doesn't Seem to Spread Easily, Study Finds
- MERS Virus Found in Air in Camel Barn
- MERS Virus Did Not Spread in 2 U.S. Cases: Health Officials
- Camels Confirmed as Source of Human MERS Infection
- CDC: 3rd Suspected MERS Case Was False Alarm
- MERS Update: All Workers Test Negative
- Florida MERS Patient Released From Hospital
- Existing Drugs May Work Against MERS, Studies Suggest
- Third U.S. Man Tests Positive for MERS Virus, CDC Reports
- MERS Not Yet a Public Health Emergency: WHO
- 2 Florida Hospital Workers Who Treated MERS Patient Fall Ill
- CDC: Second U.S. MERS Case Confirmed
- MERS Can Be Transmitted From Camel to Human, Study Confirms
- 1st U.S. MERS Patient May Be Released From Hospital Soon
- MERS FAQ: What You Need to Know
- 1st U.S. MERS Patient Improving, Officials Say
- MERS Virus That Threatens Humans Also Found in Camels
- Deadly MERS Virus Detected in Camels
Infectious Disease Resources
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter