Patient Comments: Menstruation - Problems

Please describe the problems, both physical and mental, you experience with your period. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: SWATI, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

I am a 28 year old woman. I get normal periods of 3 to 4 days with sometimes big, sometimes not much cramps, but from past 1 year I have symptoms like very sensitive skin to touch (that sometimes lasts even after periods), and a bit numb body. I also have mood swings and sluggishness before periods. Without periods I get frequent urination and a bit of gas passing through urine. I sometimes have constipation or problem of having enough pressure to clear stools in one go, so sometimes I put lot of force on lower area to make stools pass. I have to go to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day because bowel does not gets clear in one go. I think I have hurt my excretory tract, which is why I am getting gas passing from area of urination. I move very less and sometimes sleep during day and stay awake at night.

Comment from: jovai, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

The day before I have my menstruation, I vomit several times and perspire most of the time. I feel thirsty and my body gets too hot.

Comment from: maine, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

Yesterday, I had a brown spot in my undies so I thought it's my menstruation period. Then this morning there's no flow blood on my pad. I am so nervous right now. I don't know what I should do. Over and over again I am getting stressed on it. My menstruation period is regular. I had my menstruation period last October 29 and ended up on November 2, 2015.

Comment from: desperate for help, Female (Patient) Published: August 27

My last period lasted 16 days. 16! I'm only 14 and I'm really confused. My flow was heavy and I would leak after 4 hours with a super tampon. Now two weeks later I have my period again! Is there something wrong with me!

Comment from: roguepixi3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My period abruptly went away last month when I ran a 15km marathon. The same day it started it just stopped bleeding. I started using oral contraceptive pill the beginning of February. This month there was a very dark red/black lining that exited my body. I"m assuming that was last month's endometrial lining. This is the time period I should be menstruating, but I am not.

Comment from: Precious, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 27

I agree with some of the other comments. Asperger's syndrome (AS) can actually be considered a gift. People with AS are not suffering and it does not need a cure!

Comment from: Abraham success ijeo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

Last month I experienced my last menstruation which was not normal as I am on 28 days cycle, I was supposed to expect it on the 8th May but it came on the 10th May through 15th of May. I went to my doctor and she told me it was an infection that caused it. This month it was supposed to come on the 7th of June, but nothing came, I only saw white tissue like cottage cheese coming out, sometimes it is mixed with blood but no period. I was having cramps but no period, it the last day of my menses.

Comment from: Jienne, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have read your article and it gave me lot of hopes with the kind of situation I have. I am already 36 year old and still waiting for a baby. I had consulted so many obstetricians (OB) and two years ago, I have undergone a testing and the doctor said that my right fallopian tube is blocked. Then last year, I have undergone myomectomy and my OB said that even my left ovary is blocked. I have a regular menstrual cycle and by the results of a series of ultrasound, I am ovulating. I wonder if it is possible that my tubes are not blocked because my egg can travel through it.

Comment from: Suraia Canela, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I have a problem. When I get a family planning vaccine, I can pass more than 3 months without a period. Now I am breastfeeding, I have tried to look for help but I can't get one. I don't know what I should do to make my menstruation normal.

Comment from: Payal sharma, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I am on my period. I am experiencing low blood flow at day 2. First day was normal. But 2nd and 3rd day I have a problem of too low blood flow.

Comment from: Emily, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

My problem is when it is time for my periods, my stomach will run and I will feel horrible.

Comment from: bella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I am having irregular periods. I experience leg and abdomen cramps.

Comment from: Shane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

After my menstruation, I always vomit, I don't know what's the reason.

Comment from: nancy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I came off my menstruation last week but when i wipe I still see blood and I am hurting in my left ovary and lower back.

Comment from: Worried14yr, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

Hi i'm fourteen, I tend to have a lot of not only physical but mental issues surrounding my period. During my period my depression tends to get worse, I tend to get clingy and I cry a lot. I throw up the beginning of my period, and I struggle with worsening of my juvenile athertis and headaches. I tend to get a lot of back aches. My mental stability gets worse also, I am more vulnerable. I'm worried, If anyone has any look into why this happens around that certain "time of the month" that would be great.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter