Patient Comments: Menopause - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Happy Wife, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I have had hot flashes for the last six months and Estroven Cool Nights has been my miracle. I did not see a rapid change when I started taking them but by the second box, I had gone from 15 to 20 hot flashes to 1 or 2 a day.

Comment from: Beachbum, 45-54 Female Published: July 22

I started having small flare-ups of pustular psoriasis in college on my palms and sides of my feet. It continued for many years. I truly believe that the cause was using an antiperspirant, perhaps an allergic reaction to aluminum in it. When I discontinued using an antiperspirant, and used a simple deodorant, and drank more water, there was significant improvement. I really believe that the acid content in my perspiration or a reaction to the aluminum in the antiperspirant was the cause of my pustular psoriasis. When you block the armpits from perspiring, there is an increase of perspiration on the palms and feet. I decided to increase my water intake as well, and since that time, I have had great results.

Comment from: Jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

Surprisingly exercise stops my hot and cold flushes and they don't recur during the rest of the day. I have always done a lot of sport; mainly now cycling, badminton, and mountain walking, and I thought that this would aggravate hot flushes but it was exactly the opposite. On the first bike ride (about 3 hours) the hot flushes stopped in the first 30 minutes and I didn't have any more for the rest of the day or evening. The same thing when I went mountain walking, we climbed 1000 m with no hot flushes. I've not seen anything written about this but it's an easy, enjoyable, and healthy way to quickly feel much better.

Comment from: 53, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I am 52 and had a hysterectomy at 34. Two years ago night sweat and moodiness began. I started to take lowest dose of Premarin. It worked, but not great, and was very expensive. I just started estradiol today. I hope this works, I need some sleep.

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I have been going through menopause for 5 years now. I seem to suffer all the symptoms, flashes, horrific night sweats, mood swings but worst of all is the insomnia. I haven't slept for years, this has seemed to impact my life more than anything else. I have always been active and at a healthy weight, but I gained 2 stones around my middle which I cannot shift. It is a horrific time of life if you experience all the symptoms, you just feel that there is no light at the end of the tunnel! I really don't think that the medical profession takes this seriously enough as it can ruin people's lives. More emotional and medical support should be aimed at women going through this, it can be life changing for many!

Comment from: Thobile, 55-64 Female Published: December 15

I am a 19 years old female. I put an implant in 2014 and I have never had period ever since or bleed but today when I was urinating I saw blood in the toilet and on the tissue, and my womb is painful.

Comment from: Myhorsetails, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I had a hysterectomy in my 40s. A few years later I thought I had mild hot flashes for a short while. I am now 64 and really having hot flashes! I hate the depression and the weight gain. Oh, and I have absolutely no desire for sex, some kissing and hugging and I am satisfied!

Comment from: gary, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 13

My wife is 54 and had a stroke about four years ago. She has gone through menopause. Now she has no desire to be with me. I'm wondering what we can do.

Comment from: melinda77, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I am 35 and recently found out that I am perimenopausal. I have no children of my own. I have already experienced my first hot flash. The weight gain is the worst, not to mention the insomnia. I have no sex drive. Thank god I have no boyfriend. My skin is dry. I'm wondering how long this stage lasts and if there are any more surprise symptoms that I could encounter.

Comment from: Mollly Rouse, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 27

I have best treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms which is Menoquil. It is a revolutionary all natural menopause supplement that offers relief to most menopause and perimenopause symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, fatigue, decreased sex drive, mood swings, and relentless weight gain.

Comment from: geeta, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 17

I am 46 years old. For two months my menstrual period is paused and I feel very tired and get irritated very earlier if doing any hard work. The whole day I have sweats and hot flashes. At night I have a tendency of urinal pressure. It's really a big sort of change in my life and in every women.

Comment from: FiftyShades, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I carry a small fan with a spray bottle attached that I found for $4. It was cheap and it works marvelously for hot flashes! I've tried natural supplements like Menopause Formula from Natrol and Availyn made by vitamin boat. The Availyn is a little more costly, but worth the extra money. I find that night sweats don't occur as often and I've had sex with my husband more frequently.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I have had great results managing the symptoms of menopause using natural alternatives in addition to eating a healthful diet and regular exercise. I've also recently incorporated yoga, which studies show helps with the signs and symptoms of menopause. This holistic approach has been very successful in managing my menopause symptoms.

Comment from: life begins at fifty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I am so happy with premarin, it really has changed my life. Used to be so stiff and have sore aching joints. Don't want to stop taking it.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Women's Health Newsletter