Trending Menopause Topics
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop. Menopause symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, irregular vaginal bleeding, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, weight gain, mood swings and urinary incontinence. Treatment of menopausal symptoms varies.
Menopause affects every woman in time, and although it's not a disease, menopause can have a big effect on a woman's health. Watch this slideshow to learn about the causes, side effects, treatments, and complications of menopause.
Related Disease Conditions
Natural Remedies for Hot Flashes
Hot flashes are experienced by many women, especially at night. However, not all women undergoing menopause experience hot...
Hot Flashes (Causes, Symptoms & Medication Treatment in Men and Women)
Hot flashes (or flushing) is the most common symptom experienced by a woman prior to and during the early stages of menopause,...
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Sex and Menopause (What to Expect)
Menopause is often associated with a change in sexual functioning. Loss of estrogen, bladder control issues, anxiety, stress,...
Perimenopause is the time in a woman's life when she is approaching menopause. During this time a woman starts to develop...
Premature Menopause (Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
Premature menopause is when menopause occurs in a woman before the age of 40. Causes of premature menopause include premature...
Sex and Menopause
Vaginal dryness and vaginal atrophy occurs in women during perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause. With vaginal atrophy, the...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Menopause Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
The Menopause Quiz challenges your knowledge about the time in a woman’s life when menstruation ceases. Menopause can bring many...
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Hormone Creams - Safe & Effective
- Are Night Sweats a Sign of Menopause?
- Ask the Experts - Menopause
- Can Soy Help Menopause Symptoms?
- Can You Go Through Menopause at 40?
- How Is Menopause Diagnosed After a Hysterectomy?
- Do All Women Get Menopause?
- Do I Need Birth Control After Menopause?
- Do You Get More UTIs During Menopause?
- Does Menopause Affect Memory?
- Does Menopause Cause High Blood Pressure?
- Does Menopause Cause Pain During Sex?
- Does Perimenopause Cause Mood Swings?
- Hormone Therapy in Survivors of Breast Cancer
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy . . . Current Concepts
- Hormone Therapy - HRT, HT, ET, EPT, What Does it All Mean?
- Male Menopause
- Can You Still Get Menopause After Hysterectomy?
- Menopause Symptoms
- Do Soy Isoflavones Treat Menopause Hot Flashes?
- Does Vaginal Moisture Change During Perimenopause?
- How Does Menopause Affect Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Menopause: 10 Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Menopause: Home Menopause Test Kits, Are They Worth It?
- What Causes Post-Menopausal Bleeding When Taking HRT?
- Thyroid Disease and Menopause
Medications & Supplements
- alendronate, Fosamax, Binosto
- conjugated equine estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate, Prempro, Premphase
- conjugated estrogens vaginal cream (Premarin Vaginal Cream)
- esterified estrogens (Menest)
- esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone, Estratest, Estratest HS
- estradiol, Alora, Climara, Delestrogen, Depo-Estradiol, Divigel, Elestrin, Estrace, and Others
- estrogens (synthetic)-vaginal cream
- estrogens conjugated (Premarin)
- estrogens conjugated synthetic (Cenestin)
- Conjugated Estrogens (Cenestin, Enjuvia, Estrace, and Others)
- estropipate, Ogen
- flibanserin (Addyi)
- medroxyprogesterone (Depo-Provera)
- methyltestosterone w/ estrogen - oral, Estratest
- paroxetine (Brisdelle)
- progesterone (Prometrium)
- Evista (raloxifene)
Prevention & Wellness
- Acupuncture Could Help Ease Menopausal Symptoms
- An Abusive Partner May Worsen Menopause Symptoms
- Fewer Periods May Mean Higher Dementia Risk
- Health Tip: Relieving Hot Flashes
- How Does Early Menopause Affect a Woman's Heart?
- HRT Could Benefit Younger Women After Hysterectomy
- Study Links Menopausal Night Sweats to Impaired Thinking
- Mindfulness Might Ease Menopause Symptoms
- Major Study Gives Women More Guidance on Hormone Therapy During Menopause
- More Hot Flashes Could Mean Higher Odds for Heart Trouble
- Poor Social Life Could Spell Trouble for Older Women's Bones
- What's the Right Age to Test for Osteoporosis?
- Your Mom Plays a Role in Age at Menopause, Longevity
- Menopause and Mental Health
- Menopause and Sleep
- Menopause FAQs
- Menopause Not Just For Women
- Menopause Sex Problems: Blame Hormones
- Menopause Symptoms: Natural Solutions
- Menopause Treatment: Talking with Your Doctor
- Menopause: Hot Flashes, Cursed Forever?
- Menopause: Talking With Your Doctor
- Menopause: What it is, What to do
- Menopause's Secret Symptom