Trending Menopause Topics
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop. Menopause symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, irregular vaginal bleeding, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, weight gain, mood swings and urinary incontinence. Treatment of menopausal symptoms varies.
Menopause affects every woman in time, and although it's not a disease, menopause can have a big effect on a woman's health. Watch this slideshow to learn about the causes, side effects, treatments, and complications of menopause.
Related Disease Conditions
Natural Remedies for Hot Flashes
Hot flashes are experienced by many women, especially at night. However, not all women undergoing menopause experience hot...
Hot Flashes (Causes, Symptoms & Medication Treatment in Men and Women)
Hot flashes (or flushing) is the most common symptom experienced by a woman prior to and during the early stages of menopause,...
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Sex and Menopause (What to Expect)
Menopause is often associated with a change in sexual functioning. Loss of estrogen, bladder control issues, anxiety, stress,...
Perimenopause (Symptoms, Signs, Remedies, and Treatments)
Perimenopause is the time in a woman's life when she is approaching menopause. During this time a woman starts to develop...
Premature Menopause (Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
Premature menopause is when menopause occurs in a woman before the age of 40. Causes of premature menopause include premature...
Sex and Menopause
Vaginal dryness and vaginal atrophy occurs in women during perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause. With vaginal atrophy, the...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Menopause Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
The Menopause Quiz challenges your knowledge about the time in a woman’s life when menstruation ceases. Menopause can bring many...
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Are Night Sweats a Sign of Menopause?
- Can Soy Help Menopause Symptoms?
- Can You Go Through Menopause at 40?
- Do All Women Get Menopause?
- Do I Need Birth Control After Menopause?
- Do You Get More UTIs During Menopause?
- Does Menopause Affect Memory?
- Does Menopause Cause High Blood Pressure?
- Does Menopause Cause Pain During Sex?
- Does Perimenopause Cause Mood Swings?
- Can You Still Get Menopause After Hysterectomy?
- Ask the Experts - Menopause
- Hormone Creams - Safe & Effective
- Hormone Therapy - HRT, HT, ET, EPT, What Does it All Mean?
- Hormone Therapy in Survivors of Breast Cancer
- Male Menopause
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy . . . Current Concepts
- Menopause Symptoms
- Menopause: 10 Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Menopause: Home Menopause Test Kits, Are They Worth It?
- Thyroid Disease and Menopause
Medications & Supplements
- alendronate, Fosamax, Binosto
- conjugated equine estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate, Prempro, Premphase
- conjugated estrogens vaginal cream, Premarin Vaginal Cream
- esterified estrogens, Estratab (discontinued); Menest
- esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone, Estratest, Estratest HS
- estradiol, Alora, Climara, Delestrogen, Depo-Estradiol, Divigel, Elestrin, Estrace, and Others
- estrogens (synthetic)-vaginal cream
- estrogens conjugated, Premarin
- estrogens conjugated synthetic, Cenestin
- Conjugated Estrogens (Cenestin, Enjuvia, Estrace, and Others)
- estropipate, Ogen
- flibanserin (Addyi)
- medroxyprogesterone, Provera, Depo-Provera, Depo-Sub Q Provera 104
- methyltestosterone w/ estrogen - oral, Estratest
- paroxetine (Brisdelle)
- Evista (raloxifene)
Prevention & Wellness
- Are Her Chocolate Cravings a Product of the Culture?
- Bad Hot Flashes, Sleep Apnea Often Go Together
- Premature or Early Menopause More Likely in Women Without Kids: Study
- Fat Near the Heart a Hazard for Postmenopausal Women
- Health Tip: Exercise During Menopause
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Tied to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Therapy Not Advised for Preventing Disease After Menopause
- Another Menopause Side Effect: Shortness of Breath?
- Obese Women May Have More Intense Hot Flashes
- Post-Menopausal? Give Exercise a Try
- Skinny in 20s, Earlier Menopause Later?
- Could Hormone Supplements for Menopause Make a Comeback?
- Talk Therapy May Help Menopause Woes
- Timing of Menopause May Affect Heart Failure Risk
- Healthy Tips - Dealing With Menopause
- Hot Flashes - What To Do!
- Menopause and Mental Health
- Menopause and Sexual Health
- Menopause and Sleep
- Menopause FAQs
- Menopause Not Just For Women
- Menopause Sex Problems: Blame Hormones
- Menopause Symptoms: Natural Solutions
- Menopause Treatment: Talking with Your Doctor
- Menopause: Home-Use Tests for Menopause, FDA Approved
- Menopause: Hot Flashes, Cursed Forever?
- Menopause: Talking With Your Doctor
- Menopause: What it is, What to do
- Menopause's Secret Symptom