Patient Comments: Melasma - Prognosis

Describe your experience with melasma. Did it fade or go away? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Giving up, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

Melasma did not fade or go away, I tried Obagi, Fraxel, dermabrasion, and tretinoin. I use best sun block, stay out of the sun, and majority of the time when outside I wear large wide brim hat. Being inside and out of the sun for long periods of time caused my vitamin D level to drop very low causing body pain. I have melasma going on 10 years. It started when I became peri-menopausal, now I am post-menopausal, there is melasma still on face and some on neck.

Comment from: Paula, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I'm 45 years and suddenly this dark spots of melasma appeared, next to my jaw bone, where my ear ends. I did not even have dark spots when I was pregnant.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Pregnancy & Newborns Newsletter