Melanosis Coli Center - Philadelphia, PA
- WebMD Physician Directory of Philadelphia Doctors
- Related Melanosis Coli Articles
- Philadelphia Emergency Contacts
- Nearby Philadelphia Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - Philadelphia
Philadelphia Gastroenterologist Doctors and Specialists for Melanosis Coli
Type of Physician: Gastroenterologist
What is a Gastroenterologist? A subspecialty certification by the Board of Internal Medicine; practitioners focus on the stomach, intestines, colon, liver, and gallbladder (digestive organs). The gastroenterologist treats conditions such as abdominal pain, ulcers, diarrhea, cancer, and jaundice and they consult with surgeons when abdominal operations are indicated.
Common Name: GI Doctor
Gastroenterologist Doctors in Philadelphia, PA
What is melanosis coli?
Melanosis coli is a condition usually associated with chronic laxative use in which dark pigment is deposited in the lamina propria (one of the lining layers) of the large intestine (colon). The pigment de...
Other Related Melanosis Coli Articles
- In case of Emergency, call 911
- PGW Gas Leak Hotline (215) 235-1212
- Philadelphia Poison Control Center (215) 386-2100
- Philadelphia Police Department Special Victims Unit (215) 685-3251
Nearby Philadelphia, PA Hospitals
Note: Clicking on a hospital will take you to Google Maps.
Penn Institute For Rehabilitation Medicine At Penn Medicine Rittenhouse
1800 Lombard StPhiladelphia,PA 19146
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.