Melanosis Coli Center - New York, NY
- WebMD Physician Directory of New York Doctors
- Related Melanosis Coli Articles
- New York Emergency Contacts
- Nearby New York Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - New York
New York Gastroenterologist Doctors and Specialists for Melanosis Coli
Type of Physician: Gastroenterologist
What is a Gastroenterologist? A subspecialty certification by the Board of Internal Medicine; practitioners focus on the stomach, intestines, colon, liver, and gallbladder (digestive organs). The gastroenterologist treats conditions such as abdominal pain, ulcers, diarrhea, cancer, and jaundice and they consult with surgeons when abdominal operations are indicated.
Common Name: GI Doctor
Gastroenterologist Doctors in New York, NY
What is melanosis coli?
Melanosis coli is a condition usually associated with chronic laxative use in which dark pigment is deposited in the lamina propria (one of the lining layers) of the large intestine (colon). The pigment de...
Other Related Melanosis Coli Articles
- In case of Emergency, call 911
- General Information 311
- Police Headquarters 212-374-5000
- Poison Control Center 212-764-7667
Nearby New York, NY Hospitals
Note: Clicking on a hospital will take you to Google Maps.
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.