Melanoma is a type of skin cancer which begins in skin cells called melanocytes and affects more than 53,600 people in the United States each year. These melanocytes can grow together to form benign moles which, after a change in size, shape, or color can be a sign of melanoma. Caused by sun exposure, early detection becomes extremely important to avoid a spread to other areas of the body. Diagnosis is confirmed through a biopsy of the abnormal skin and treatment depends on the extent and characteristics of the patient. Metastatic melanoma is melanoma that has spread to various organs. Read more: Melanoma Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Melanoma (Skin Cancer) Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
What causes skin cancer? Take our Skin Cancer Quiz to learn about the risks, symptoms, causes, and treatments for this common...
Picture of Lentigo Maligna Melanoma
One of the four clinical types of malignant melanoma and the slowest growing one. See a picture of Lentigo Maligna Melanoma and...
Picture of Dysplastic Nevus
An atypical mole whose appearance is different from that of a common ordinary mole. See a picture of Dysplastic Nevus and learn...
Picture of Basal Cell Carcinoma
The most common type of skin cancer, a disease in which the cancer cells resemble the basal cells of the epidermis, the outer...
Picture of Dysplastic Nevi (Atypical Moles)
Atypical moles whose appearance is different from that of a common ordinary mole. See a picture of Dysplastic Nevi (Atypical...
Picture of Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet. See a picture of the Skin and learn more...
Picture of Malignant Melanoma
Less than 2 percent of all melanomas occur during childhood. Nonetheless, attention must be paid to signs and symptoms suggestive...
Picture of Compound Nevus
Slightly raised nevus with regular borders and pigment. See a picture of Compound Nevus and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Basal Cell Carcinoma (Ear)
A nodule with irregular borders and variegation of melanin hues, easily confused with a malignant melanoma. See a picture of...
Picture of Basal Cell Carcinoma (Nose)
A smooth, pearly tumor with telangiectasia on the nose. See a picture of Basal Cell Carcinoma (Nose) and learn more about the...
Picture of Basal Cell Carcinoma (Advanced Nodular BCC)
A solitary, shiny, nodule with large telangiectatic vessels on the ala nasi, arising on skin with dermatoheliosis. See a Basal...
Picture of Congenital Nevomelanocytic Nevus
Congenital nevomelanocytic nevus; “split” of the eyelid. See a picture of Congenital Nevomelanocytic Nevus and learn more about...
Picture of Desmoplastic Melanoma
A flat nodule with bluish-red and brown portion in an elderly malea. See a picture of Desmoplastic Melanoma and learn more about...
Picture of Less Common Skin Cancers
Uncommon types of skin cancer include Kaposi's sarcoma; Merkel cell carcinoma; and sebaceous gland carcinoma. See a picture of...
Picture of Congenital Nevi
Congenital nevi are moles that are present at birth. See a picture of Congenital Nevi and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Skin Cancer
Excessive exposure to sunlight is the main cause of skin cancer. See a picture of Skin Cancer and learn more about the health...
Picture of Moles
Moles are growths on the skin that are usually brown or black. See a picture of Moles and learn more about the health topic....
Skin Cancer Symptoms, Types, Images
Discover the causes, types, and treatments of skin cancer. Learn how to prevent skin cancer and how to check for melanoma, basal...
Burning or Swollen Feet? What Foot Pain Says About Your Health
Foot pain and heel pain can be serious health problems. Discover information about cold feet, itchy feet, burning feet and...
Sun-Damaged Skin: Pictures of Sun Spots, Wrinkles, Sunburns
See how sun damaged skin can cause wrinkles, moles, melanoma (skin cancer) and more. Explore sunburn relief and how actinic...
Screening Tests Every Man Should Have
Getting the right screening test at the right time is one of the most important things a man can do for his health. Learn at what...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
Identify Birthmarks: Angel's Kiss, Strawberry Mark (Hemangiomas), Others
Birthmarks can appear on the head, over the eye, or anywhere on the skin. To learn more about birthmarks explore this medical...
12 Ways to Wreck Your Skin
See 12 Ways to Wreck Your Skin with this slideshow. Learn how sun damage, smoking, overeating and other actions can harm the look...
Related Disease Conditions
Natural Home Remedies for Sunburn Treatment
There are many natural and home remedies that are used to relieve the symptoms of sunburn. Check out our top 30 tips to cool...
A skin tag is a small benign growth of skin that projects from the surrounding skin. Skin tags can vary in appearance (smooth,...
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that may cause large plaques of red, raised skin, flakes of dry skin, and skin scales....
Second Source article from Government...
Skin Cancer and Sun Damage
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Sunburn (Sun Poisoning) Symptoms, Pain Relief, Healing Time
Sunburn is caused by overexposure to UV radiation from the sun. UV rays can also damage the eyes. Repeated overexposure to UV...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Skin cancers occur when skin cells undergo malignant transformations and grow into tumors. The most common types of skin cancer,...
Freckles are flat circular spots on the skin that may be red, yellow, tan, light brown, brown, or black in color. Lentigo is the...
Moles are small skin growths that may appear flat or raised and are often tan, brown, black, reddish brown, or skin colored. They...
Sun-Sensitive Drugs (Photosensitivity to Drugs)
Sun sensitivity (photosensitivity) is an inflammation of the skin induced by the combination of medications or substances and...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Scar formation is a natural part of the healing process after injury. The depth and size of the wound incision and the location...
Advance Medical Directives (Living Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy)
Advance directives are designed to outline a person's wishes and preferences in regard to medical treatments and interventions....
Sunscreens are crucial for sun protection. Sun damage to the skin from exposure to ultraviolet rays is a risk factor for skin...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Ocular Melanoma (Intraocular Melanoma or Uveal Melanoma)
Ocular melanoma is cancer that begins in the eye tissue. Risk factors include being Caucasian, older age, having light eyes and...
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Skin Cancer Melanoma FAQs
- Sun Protection . . . Kids At The Beach
- Skin Cancer Rate Increasing
- Melanoma Skin Cancer of U.S. Senator John McCain
- Tanning Booths Harmful
- Sunscreens: Making Sense of Sunscreen Products
- Biopsy: Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before a Biopsy
- Tanning Beds - More Dangerous than Sunlight?
- Understanding Actinic Keratosis
- Urine Therapy
- How Do Melanomas Form?
- Skin Changes: How to Spot Skin Cancer
- Skin Cancer Treatment
- Skin Cancer Symptoms and Signs
- Weight Gain, Obesity & Cancer Risk
- Psoriasis PUVA Therapy Can Increase Melanoma Risk
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- HPV Shot Eliminates Advanced Skin Cancer in 97-Year-Old
- Immune-Based Therapy May Help When Melanoma Spreads to Brain
- New Cancer Immunotherapy Technique Could be 'Game Changer'
- With Summer Here, Check for Signs of Skin Cancer
- Don't Skip Kids' Sun Protection on the Fourth
- Race Can Affect Many Skin Conditions
- 'Face-Aging' Photos Convince Tanners to Shun the Sun
- AI Better Than Docs at Catching Skin Cancers
- Another Foe for the U.S. Military: Skin Cancer
- Top Sunscreens Named by Consumer Reports
- What Drives Millennials to Tan, Knowing the Risks?
- Drug Keytruda May Help Block Melanoma's Return
- Health Tip: Watch a Birthmark Over Time
- Obesity May Give Men With Melanoma a Survival Advantage
- Melanoma Rates Rising for Boomers, Falling Among Young
- Medicinal Cream May Help Stop Skin Cancer's Return
- Woman's Selfie of Skin Cancer Went Viral, Sparked Awareness
- Firefighters May Face Higher Odds for Skin Cancer
- How to Do a Skin Cancer Body Check
- Waiting Even a Month to Remove Melanoma Can Be Deadly
- With Skin Cancer Surgery, Insurance Matters
- Start Skin Cancer Prevention Early, Health Experts Say
- Does Healthy Skin Around Suspicious Moles Need Removal?
- Immune-Focused Drug May Be New Weapon Against Advanced Melanoma
- Moles Not Most Likely Spot for Melanomas
- Gum Disease May Be Linked to Cancer Risk in Older Women
- Melanoma Isn't the Only Serious Skin Cancer
- Health Tip: Getting Too Much Sun?
- McCain's Recovery Time After Surgery Uncertain, Experts Say
- Parkinson's Disease and Melanoma May Occur Together, Study Finds
- Melanoma Biopsy Results Can Differ, Worrying Patients
- Can You Recognize the Signs of Skin Cancer?
- A Baby's Skin No Match for the Sun
- With Summer Sun Comes Heightened Skin Cancer Risk
- More Cancers Caught in Wealthy People
- Is Full Lymph Node Removal Always Needed for Melanoma?
- Conquering One Big Cancer Side Effect: Fear
- Experimental Gene-Targeted Drug Hits Cancer Where It Lives
- Dark Skin No Shield From Deadly Skin Cancer
- FDA OKs First Cancer Drug by Genetic Type, Not Organ of Origin
- Study Refutes Viagra-Melanoma Link
- Sunscreen 101
- Kids' Sun Safety Means 'Slip, Slap, Slop'
- Surgery May Be Best for Advanced Melanoma
- Gene Changes May Put Childhood Cancer Survivors at Risk
- Survival Continues to Improve for Most Cancers
- Tanning's Allure Tied to Other Addictions
- Bavencio Approved for Rare Skin Cancer
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors Face Risk of Second Cancer: Study
- Hispanics Should Be Wary of the Sun's Rays, Too
- More Teens Turning Their Backs on Tanning Beds: CDC
- Some Melanoma Survivors Still Seek Out the Sun
- Self-Checks Help Spot Melanoma's Return
- Skin Cancer Cream Linked to 5 Dog Deaths: FDA
- Melanoma Rates Rise in Some States, Fall in Others
- U.S. Melanoma Rate Is Rising, Study Finds
- A Little Training Helps Couples Ease Into Skin Cancer Checks
- Keeping Minors From Tanning Beds Would Save Thousands of Lives, Study Says
- Could White Wine Boost Your Melanoma Risk?
- 'Tailoring' Skin Exams May Boost Melanoma Detection
- Powerful Cancer Drugs Linked to Rare Heart Risks
- What Twins Are Teaching the Rest of Us
- More Cancer Patients Gaining From Immune-Based Treatments
- Injury Risk Spikes While Cancer Patients Seek Diagnosis: Study
- Ban on Indoor Tanning by Minors Not Working: Study
- U.S. Panel Says Evidence 'Insufficient' to Recommend Skin Cancer Screenings
- Radiologists Don't Face Higher Risk of Radiation-Related Death: Study
- Genes Tied to Red Hair, Pale Skin Greatly Raise Melanoma Risk?
- Second, Unrelated Cancers Strike 1 in 12 Cancer Patients
- For Better Skin Cancer Checks, Partner Up
- Skin Cancer Check? Do Some Sole-Searching
- Impotence Drugs Won't Raise Melanoma Risk, Study Suggests
- Don't Get Caught Without Your Sunscreen
- 15.5 Million Americans Now Surviving Cancer: Report
- Sun Protection Comes in Many Forms
- Melanoma Drug Boosting Survival for Many, Study Shows
- 'Sunscreen' Gene May Guard Against Skin Cancer
- 'Precision' Cancer Treatment May Extend Lives
- Study Finds 4 in 10 Sunscreens Fall Short on SPF
- Severe, Untreated Sleep Apnea Linked to Aggressive Melanoma
- Some Smart Yet Easy Ways to Shield Yourself From Skin Cancer
- Drug Shows Promise Against Rare, Aggressive Skin Cancer
- Drug Seems to Extend Survival for Advanced Melanoma Patients
- Sunscreen Delays Melanoma in Mice, Researchers Say
- Gene May Raise Melanoma Risk, Even Without Sun Exposure
- New Tests May Help Combat Melanoma, Expert Says
- Study Questions Link Between Multiple Moles, Risk for Melanoma
- Study Pushes 'More Is More' Approach to Shielding Kids From the Sun
- Melanoma Strikes Earlier If Indoor Tanning Begins in Teens: Study
- Teens Who Tan Indoors May Be More Likely to Smoke, Drink, Use Drugs: Study
- During Pregnancy, Skin Cancer May Be Deadlier: Study
- New Blood Test Could Detect Melanoma's Spread Earlier: Study
- Are We Winning the Fight Against Melanoma?
- Organ Recipients at Raised Risk of Cancer Death, Study Finds
- FDA Moves to Keep Teens Out of Tanning Beds
- Suspicious Pigment Spots More Common on Darker Skin
- Could a Scan Someday Replace Lymph Node Biopsy?
- Jimmy Carter's Recovery Highlights Power of New Cancer Treatments
- Jimmy Carter Says Brain Scans Show No Signs of Cancer
- Opdivo Approved for Advanced Kidney Cancer
- Cotellic Approved for Advanced Melanoma
- FDA Approves Expanded Use for Melanoma Drug
- New Treatment for Melanoma Gets FDA Approval
- Injected Drug Approved for Melanoma Skin Cancer
- B Vitamin May Help Ward Off Some Skin Cancers
- Number of Moles on Right Arm Might Predict Risk of Melanoma Skin Cancer
- Count the Moles on Your Arm to Predict Melanoma Risk?
- Many Skin Cancer Patients Skip Routine Self-Exams
- Surgery May Raise Survival With Advanced Melanoma: Study
- Tanning Bed Use, Skin Cancer Rates High Among Gay Men: Study
- Popular Antioxidant Seems to Spread Skin Cancer Cells in Mouse Research
- Young Cancer Survivors Often Develop New Malignancies
- Height May Be Linked to Increased Cancer Risk, Study Contends
- Melanoma Skin Checks Can Have Added Bonus: Stronger Relationships
- Check Yourself for Signs of Skin Cancer, Doctors Advise
- Could a Laser Skin Test Someday Replace Biopsy to Spot Melanoma?
- Jimmy Carter: Melanoma Has Spread to Brain
- People With Few Moles Apt to Develop Deadlier Skin Cancer: Study
- Deadly Skin Cancer More Common in Organ Transplant Recipients: Study
- Serving in Middle East May Raise Skin Cancer Risk in U.S. Vets
- Scientists Spot What Keeps Moles From Becoming Melanomas
- Odomzo Approved for Recurring Basal Cell Carcinoma
- New Dumb-But-Deadly Trend: Sunburn 'Art'
- Warning Over Sunburn 'Tattoo' Trend
- Indoor Tanning Rates Decline As Cancer Warnings Mount
- Can Orange Juice, Grapefruit Raise Your Melanoma Risk?
- Viagra, Other ED Meds Won't Raise Melanoma Risk
- Graphic Warnings May Work Best to Keep Women From Tanning Beds
- Online Searches for 'Skin Cancer' Go Up in Summer
- Health Tip: Protect Against Skin Cancer
- Melanoma Rates Way Up Among Young People in U.S.
- Melanoma Treatment May Not Always Require Extensive Lymph Node Removal
- New Drug a Weapon Against Advanced Melanoma: Study
- Immune-Based Therapy Uses Virus to Fight Advanced Melanoma
- Most Americans Still Not Using Sunscreen
- Vitamin Supplement Linked to Reduction in Skin Cancer Risk
- Consumer Reports Recommends 15 of 34 Sunscreens
- Too Many Americans Neglect Backs in Skin Cancer Prevention
- New Technology Tests Tumors Inside the Patient to Find Best Treatment
- Immune-Focused Drugs Show Promise Against Melanoma
- Skin Cancer: Young Adults Get It, Too
- Fewer U.S. Children Getting Melanoma: Study
- 1 in 5 Medicare Patients Faces Delay in Melanoma Surgery: Study
- Experimental Melanoma Vaccine Shows Early Promise
- Skin Cancer Rates Rise for Hispanic, Asian Women
- Can Coffee Protect You From Melanoma?
- Scientists Spot Gene Linked to Tanning 'Addiction'
- Health Tip: Curious About Dark Toenails?
- Lung Cancer Drug Opdivo Improves Survival in Trial
- Opdivo Approved for Advanced Melanoma
- Flying Time Could Raise Skin Cancer Risks for Pilots
- Blue-Eyed People May Face Higher Melanoma Risk
- Skin Cancer Costs Soar Compared to Other Malignancies: CDC
- Combo Treatment for Advanced Melanoma Seems to Improve Survival
- Nearly 1 in 20 Cancer Patients Die Within Month of Surgery: Study
- As Culture Changed, So Did Melanoma Risk, Study Finds
- Some U.S. Troops May Face Greater Skin Cancer Risk
- Targeted Drugs Among Successes Against Cancer, Says New Report
- Kidney and Thyroid Cancer Rates Up Among U.S. Children, Study Finds
- Keytruda Approved for Advanced Melanoma
- Pilots, Cabin Crews Face Higher Risk of Skin Cancer, Study Says
- High-Risk Melanomas Often on Head or Neck, Study Finds
- Painful, Itchy Patches Could Be Sign of Skin Cancer
- Indoor Tanning Leads to Early Skin Cancer, Study Says
- Mouse Study Supports Notion of 'Tanning Addiction'
- Lymphoseek Approved for Diagnosing Cancer Severity
- Use Your 'ABCDE' to Spot Deadly Skin Cancer
- Medicaid Patients Get Worse Cancer Care, Studies Contend
- Prom Isn't a Good Reason to Hit the Tanning Salon
- Number of Cancer Survivors Should Grow to 19 Million in Next Decade: Report
- Melanoma Drug Trials Show Significant Promise
- FDA Orders New Warning Labels for Tanning Beds
- Animal Trials Show Promise for Treating Eye Cancer
- 5 or More Bad Sunburns While Young Tied to Higher Melanoma Risk
- Indoor Tanning Ups Melanoma Risk, Even Without Burning: Study
- Your Income Might Influence Your Risk for Certain Cancers
- Researchers Find Gene Behind Albino Dobermans
- Consumer Reports Recommends 7 of 20 Sunscreens
- Pancreatic Cancer Will Be 2nd Deadliest Cancer by 2030: Study
- Just Seeing a Doctor May Boost the Odds of Surviving Melanoma
- Skin Cancer Prevention Tips
- One Woman's Cancer Battle Highlights Promise of New Treatment
- Teens' Indoor Tanning May Be Linked to Unhealthy Dieting
- After Skin Cancer, Removable Model Replaces Real Ear
- Experimental Drug Shows Early Promise for Some Cases of Advanced Melanoma
- Melanoma Death Risk Higher for Men Living Alone?
- Experts Warn About Skin Cancer 'Treatments' Sold Online
- Younger Skin Cancer Survivors May Be at Risk for Other Cancers
- Experimental Drug Helps Body Fight Advanced Melanoma: Study
- Skin Cancer May Have Driven Evolution of Black Skin
- Lymph Node Test a Good Strategy for Melanoma: Study
- Skin Cancer Risk Seen in Vietnam Vets Exposed to Agent Orange
- Mekinist Plus Tafinlar Approved for Late-Stage Melanoma
- FDA OKs 2-Drug Combo Treatment for Advanced Melanoma
- Tanning Salons Now Outnumber McDonald's Outlets in Florida: Study
- Suicide a Risk for Young Cancer Patients, Study Finds
- Selecting Sunglasses for Healthy Eyes
- Skin Cancer Patients Not Avoiding Sun, Study Suggests
- Docs Rarely Discuss Sunscreens With Patients, Study Finds
- Research Gets to Root of Redheads' Higher Melanoma Risk
- Many Teen Girls Using Tanning Beds: Report
- Pictures May Help Encourage Skin Cancer Self-Exams
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Melanoma?
- Health Tip: Check for Skin Cancer
- Tattoos Can Hide Malignant Melanomas, Experts Say
- Experimental Melanoma Vaccine Shows Promise in Study
- Melanoma May Return Years Later in Some
- Young Men Less Likely to Survive Melanoma Than Women: Study
- Oregon Woman Tans Her Way to a Melanoma Diagnosis
- Look Beyond the Sun for Skin Cancer Culprits, Doctors Warn
- Experts Dispel Common Melanoma Myths
- Immune-Based Drug Shows Promise Against Advanced Melanoma
- Experimental Drug Shows Benefits Against Melanoma in Early Study
- New Drugs, Diagnostic Approved for Advanced Melanoma
- Sunless Tanners Still a Tough Sell, Survey Finds
- As Summer Approaches, Experts Offer Tips on Preventing Skin Cancer
- Red Hair Pigment Might Raise Melanoma Risk: Study
- For Some Seniors With Skin Cancer, Surgery Not Always Best Choice
- Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers Tied to Risk for Other Cancers
- Among Hispanics, Risky Sun Exposure Varies by Language Spoken: Study
- More Than a Quarter of Melanoma Survivors Skip Sunscreen, Study Finds
- Melanoma Rates Rising in U.S. Children
- Health Highlights: March 18, 2013
- Lymphoseek Approved to Help Locate Lymph Nodes
- Daily Aspirin Linked to Lower Risk for Deadly Skin Cancer in Women
- Without Laws, Many Tanning Salons Would Allow Kids: Study
- Certain Skin Cancers More Common in HIV-Positive People
- Which Cancer Tests Do You Really Need?
- Smartphone Apps for Skin Cancer Risk Aren't Reliable, Study Finds
- Stem Cell Technology May Help Rejuvenate Immune Cells
- Children of Older Parents With Cancer May Be at Risk, Too
- New Video Demonstrates Skin Cancer Self-Exam
- Redheads May Face Higher Risk of Melanoma, Even Without Sun Exposure
- Quality of Life After Cancer May Depend on Tumor Type
- Multivitamins May Help Prevent Cancer
- Melanoma Odds Doubled for Transplant, Lymphoma Patients: Study
- New Melanoma Treatment Might Delay Cancer Progression
- Mailed Kits May Prompt Parents to Protect Kids From Sun
- Wins in War on Cancer Highlighted in New Report
- Rise in Pregnancy-Associated Cancers Not Fully Explained by Older Age
- Scientists Uncover Gene Variation Linked to Melanoma
- People With Darker Skin Still at Risk for Melanoma
- 1 in 20 Cases of Melanoma Linked to Tanning Beds: Study
- 11 Countries Now Restrict Indoor Tanning Before Age 18
- New Guidelines Issued for Biopsy Use in Melanoma Patients
- Coffee May Cut Your Risk for Common Form of Skin Cancer
- Could Sunlight Lower Your Odds for Pancreatic Cancer?
- Indoor Tanners Rationalize Risky Behavior, Study Finds
- 18 Million U.S. Cancer Survivors Expected by 2022: Report
- Inactivation of Gene Might Cause Skin Cancer to Spread
- New Drug Effective for Rare Genetic Skin Cancer: Studies
- Parental Abuse, Neglect Linked to Increased Skin Cancer Risk
- Many Still Tanning, Despite Dangers, Survey Finds
- Can Aspirin, Other NSAIDs Lower Skin Cancer Risk?
- Melanoma a Big Threat to Older Men
- Two-Drug Combo May Be Safe for Melanoma Treatment
- New Sunscreen Guide: 1 in 4 Products Deemed Safe
- Sunburns, Tanning Beds: Young Adults at Risk
- Scientists Map Melanoma's Genome
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Preventing Skin Cancer in Youths: Appeal to Vanity
- Eye Color Linked to Skin Diseases
- Doctors Urge Routine Skin Screenings
- Women More Likely to Survive Melanoma Than Men: Study
- Surgery Rates Rising for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer: Study
- Even Young Teens Show Signs of Sun Damage
- Immune-Based Drug Combo Might Extend Cancer Survival
- Melanoma Rates Skyrocketing in Young Adults
- Study Reveals Trigger That May Speed Melanoma Growth
- Cancer Deaths Continue to Fall
- Young Women Tan, Despite Health Risks
- Woman's Recovery From Advanced Melanoma Could Help Guide Research
- Melanoma Patient Tumor Free in T-Cell Clone Study
- Vitamin A May Help Reduce Melanoma Risk
- Most Americans Don't Need Extra Selenium
- Why Cancer Symptoms May Elude M.D.
- Zelboraf May Double Survival for Some Melanoma Patients
- Fewer Melanoma Deaths in Counties With More Dermatologists
- Fasting Plus Chemo May Help in Cancer Fight: Study
- Melanoma Drug's Link to Other Skin Cancers Identified
- From Bad to Better: U.S. Cancer Rates Continue to Drop
- Previous Cancer May Up Melanoma Risk
- Use of Sunless Tanners May Cut Exposure to UV Radiation
- Smoking Linked to Skin Cancer in Women
- Tanning Booths Increase Risk of Most Common Skin Cancer
- Higher Cancer Risk in People With HIV
- New Device Spots Melanoma
- Coffee Fights Common Skin Cancer
- Married People More Likely to Survive Cancer
- Vitamin E Supplements May Raise Prostate Cancer Risk
- Pale People at Risk for Vitamin D Deficiency
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Have Small Skin Cancer Risk
- 6 Steps to Improved Nail -- and Overall -- Health
- Sunscreen Users More Likely to Burn?
- Parkinson's Disease May Raise Risk of Melanoma
- Teenage Girls Get Tans Despite Cancer Risk
- FDA Approves New Melanoma Treatment Yervoy
- Melanoma Rates May Be Higher for the Rich
- New Adhesive Tape Test for Melanoma
- Dogs Can Detect Early Colorectal Cancer
- In Early Trial, Targeted Therapy Fights Advanced Melanoma
- New Drug May Treat Advanced Melanoma
- Trial Therapy Improves Melanoma Survival
- Florida's Minorities See Unusual Melanoma Patterns
- Novel Drug Combats Advanced Melanoma
- Tanning Beds Can Greatly Boost Melanoma Risk
- Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers in the Millions and Rising
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Melanoma
- Melanoma Cases on the Rise
- Skin: The Effects of Aging on Skin
- Cancer Treatment: Getting the Support You Need
- Chemotherapy: Eating Well
- Cancer Treatment: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Skin Care and Aging
- Skin Cancer Prevention
- Skin Care: Protecting Your Skin
- Skin Care for Mature Skin
- Cancer Pain, A Guide for You and Your Family
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Cancer and Sexual Health
- Chemotherapy and Other Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Lesion...What Does The Doctor Mean?
- Cancer Control Month
- Living With Healthy Skin
- Chemotherapy Dries Skin
- Sun & Summer....Be Alert And Aware
- Sunscreen IQ
- Skin - What Is It?
- Sun ... and the Summer Rays