Signs and symptoms of mastoiditis include
- ear pain or pain behind the ear,
- swelling of the areas behind the ear,
- tenderness over the mastoid bone,
- headache, and
- ear discharge (otorrhea) that can include pus.
Cause of mastoiditis
Other mastoiditis symptoms and signs
- Ear Discharge (Otorrhea) That Can Include Pus
- Ear Pain or Pain Behind the Ear
- Hearing Loss
- Redness of the Affected Area
- Swelling of the Areas Behind the Ear
- Symptoms of an Ear Infection, Such as a Sense of Fullness in the Ear
- Tenderness Over the Mastoid Bone
Main Article on Mastoiditis Symptoms and Signs
Pictures, Images, Illustrations & Quizzes
Ear Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Is it possible to prevent ear infections? Take the Ear Infection (Otitis Media) Quiz to learn the risks, causes, symptoms and...
Ear Infection Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Learn about the causes and symptoms of ear infections and how they are diagnosed and treated. Read about treatments such as ear...
Ear Infections: All About Ear Conditions
What's that? I can't hear you. Maybe it's tinnitus, or impacted ear wax, or cauliflower ear (yup, that's a thing). Find out what...
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter