Male menopause is not a true medical term. The term menopause is defined as the stopping of menstrual periods, so it is not technically possible for a man to have menopause. The term has been used because some men seem to experience similar symptoms to those of women approaching menopause.
Signs and symptoms said to be associated with the decline in hormones in men can include
- sexual problems,
- low energy,
- decreased motivation,
- low self-confidence,
- increased body fat,
- reduced muscle mass,
- insomnia, and
- other sleeping difficulties.
Cause of male menopause
Other male menopause symptoms and signs
- Decreased Motivation
- Increased Body Fat
- Low Energy
- Low Self-Confidence
- Reduced Muscle Mass
- Sexual Problems
- Sleeping Problems
Main Article on Male Menopause Symptoms and Signs
Pictures, Images, Illustrations & Quizzes
19 Health Problems in Men: Snoring, Hair Loss, and More
What are the biggest body health issues that plague men? Most men struggle with belly fat, back hair, sweating, erectile...
Men's Health: Natural Ways to Boost Testosterone
Find out from WebMD what you can do to raise your testosterone levels naturally, including changes to your diet and lifestyle.
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Menopause Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
The Menopause Quiz challenges your knowledge about the time in a woman’s life when menstruation ceases. Menopause can bring many...
Women's Health: 10 Tips to Ease Menopause Symptoms
What happens during menopause? At what age do menopause symptoms start? Women in their 40s or 50s may begin to have hot flashes,...
Examples of Medications for Male Menopause Symptoms and Signs
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- Bijuva (estradiol and progesterone)
- black cohosh
- Fyavolv (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol)
- horny goat weed
- Lutetium Lu 177 vipivotide tetraxetan
- red clover
- Side Effects of Brisdelle (paroxetine)
- Side Effects of Premarin (conjugated estrogens)
- testosterone - intramuscular, Delatestryl, Tesamone
- testosterone - transdermal, Androderm
- testosterone gel (Androgel)
- testosterone topical solution (Axiron)