Patient Comments: Male Breast Cancer - Experience

Please share your experience with male breast cancer. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Captain, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I had hot flashes from the tamoxifen medicine and decided after 6 months to stop the treatment for male breast cancer. I had no problems for almost 10 years. After 10 years the exact same breast cancer returned into the tissue of outer lining of my right lung and in my breast bone. Extensive testing has shown no further spreading anywhere else in my body. I am now back on tamoxifen and will probably take it the rest of my life.

Comment from: yooperreeds, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I am a 63 year old male. I woke up one morning and had a walnut-sized lump under my right nipple. No previous sign of a lump. I went to the doctor 2 days later and he did an ultrasound and a core-needle biopsy. It was cancer. I had a total mastectomy 2 weeks later. I am now undergoing 4 treatments of chemotherapy (Cytoxan - Taxotere) in 3 week intervals. There was no lymph node involvement, but because of size of the tumor my stage was rated Stage III.

Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness Month