Patient Comments: Male Breast Cancer - Treatment

What was the treatment for your male breast cancer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Captain, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I had a mastectomy of my left breast for male breast cancer with a treatment by tamoxifen for several months. I was radiated at birth due an enlarged thymus gland. I had thyroid cancer at age 35, prostate cancer at age 65, a very large thymoma tumor at age 70 and male breast cancer at age 75.

Comment from: hal, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 28

I found a lump in my breast, and because my mother had breast cancer, I googled to see if males can get breast cancer. Of course, I found out that they can. Then, I made an appointment to see my doctor. He sent me for a mammogram, and within a week I had surgery (a mastectomy), followed by five weeks of radiation. I also took Tamoxifen. I am very tired all the time. It's been almost a year since my surgery.

Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness Month