Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Smoking Quiz: How to Quit Smoking
You know it's time you quit smoking. Learn the myths and facts about quitting smoking with the Smoking Quiz. When it comes to...
Lung Cancer Quiz: Signs and Symptoms
Lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer deaths in both men and women in the U.S. and worldwide. Get the facts about lung...
Top 10 Cancers Quiz
Take this quiz to learn the causes of cancer. Get the facts about the causes, symptoms, and treatments for the world's most...
Picture of Lung Cancer
Cancer of the lung, like all cancers, results from an abnormality in the body's basic unit of life, the cell. See a picture of...
Picture of Bronchioles
A tiny tube in the air conduit system within the lungs that is a continuation of the bronchi and connects to the alveoli (the air...
Picture of Lungs
The lungs are a pair of spongy, air-filled organs located on either side of the chest (thorax). See a picture of the Lungs and...
How to Quit Smoking: 13 Tips to End Addiction
One of the best ways to improve your health is to quit smoking. These practical tips to help you quit smoking have been shown to...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
COPD Foods to Boost Your Health - COPD Diet Tips
Boost your energy and combat COPD with these diet tips. Which foods can help patients with COPD? Which foods to avoid for COPD?...
How to Quit Smoking Without Weight Gain
Learn how to avoid weight gain while quitting smoking. Explore what causes weight gain after quitting smoking. See lifestyle...
25 Effects of Smoking on Your Looks and Life
What are the effects of smoking tobacco? Besides and increased risk of smoking related diseases, smoking can affect your looks...
Lung Cancer Symptoms, Stages, Treatment
Learn about lung cancer symptoms and treatments. Get more information on small cell lung cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, and...
Slideshow: Lung Cancer Risks: Myths and Facts
Learn about lung cancer myths and facts. Explore how cigar smoke, menthol, and pollution can increase your risk of lung cancer...
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Related Disease Conditions
Bone cancer is a rare type of cancer that occurs in cells that make up the bones. Primary bone cancer that arises in bone cells...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Cushing's syndrome, sometimes referred to as hypercortisolism, is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
There are four major types of thyroid cancer: papillary, follicular, medullary, and anaplastic thyroid cancer. Tumors on the...
Prolactinoma (Pituitary Tumor)
Prolactinoma is an adenoma (benign tumor) of the pituitary gland. Causes of many prolactinomas are unknown. Symptoms in women...
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Symptoms, Causes, Stages, Life Expectancy
COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung condition caused by smoking tobacco, exposure to secondhand smoke, and/or...
Cough (Chronic Cough)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such...
Pulmonary fibrosis is scarring throughout the lungs. Pulmonary fibrosis can be caused by many conditions including chronic...
Hoarseness (abnormal deep, harsh, raspy voice) is caused by a variety of conditions in which the larynx (voice box and vocal...
Dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing, swallowing problems. Dysphagia is due to problems in nerve or muscle control. It is...
Lung Anatomy (Structure and Function)
The lungs are primarily responsible for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the air we breathe and the blood....
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that forms in the chest lining (pleural mesothelioma), abdomen (peritoneal mesothelioma), and...
Asbestos (Exposure Dangers, Testing, Symptoms)
Asbestos is a mineral fiber that is found in soil and rock. Asbestos exposure occurs when asbestos fibers are disturbed and...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Pleurisy, an inflammation of the lining around the lungs, is associated with sharp chest pain upon breathing in. Cough, chest...
Smoker's Lung: Pathology Photo Essay
Smoker's lung photo essay is a collection of pictures and microscopic slides of lung disease caused by cigarette smoking....
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Radon (A Citizen's Guide to Radon)
Radon is a radioactive gas that has been confirmed to cause cancers. About 21,000 individuals die each year due to radon...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Bronchitis (Acute) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Remedies, and Cures
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize serious diseases and health problems like strokes, heart attacks, cancers, reproductive problems in...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Nicotine is delivered to the brain through smoking, chewing, or sniffing tobacco. Nicotine is an addictive agent. Common names...
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Hypercalcemia (Elevated Calcium Levels)
Hypercalcemia is a condition in which calcium levels in the blood are elevated. Hypercalcemia is associated with other conditions...
Ascites, the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity is most commonly caused by cirrhosis of the liver. Some of the other...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Pleural effusion is a buildup of fluid in the chest or on the lungs. There are two types of pleural effusion, trandsudate and...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow, and how abnormal they look under a...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Arsenic comes in two forms, inorganic and organic. Organic arsenic poisoning is usually not poisonous to humans; however,...
Vaping (e-Cigarettes, Side Effects, Dangers, Safety)
Vaping or e-cigarettes are smokable products that use refillable or replaceable cartridges or containers that contain a liquid...
Interstitial Pneumonitis (Interstitial Lung Disease)
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseased that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Viruses,...
Hypoxia is a condition in which the normal concentration of oxygen in the blood is not enough for normal life functions....
19 Tips on How to Stop a Cough
Coughing is a reflex that helps a person clear their airways of irritants. There are many causes of an excessive or severe...
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer vs Small Cell Lung Cancer
Non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) consist of large cell carcinomas, adenocarcinomas, and squamous cell carcinomas. Small cell...
Lung Cancer - Describe Your Experience
What�s your biggest challenge with living with lung cancer?Post View 106 Comments
Lung Cancer - Treatments
How effective was your lung cancer treatment?Post View 66 Comments
Lung Cancer - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your lung cancer?Post View 22 Comments
Lung Cancer - Stages
What stage was your lung cancer when you were diagnosed?Post View 14 Comments
Lung Cancer - Facts
What changes have you had to make to your routine since being diagnosed with lung cancer?Post View 18 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Early Detection of Cancer
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Chest X-Ray
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Questions To Ask Before Surgery
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy
- Radiation Therapy
- CA 125
- Alpha-Fetoprotein Blood Test
- Photodynamic Therapy
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- Advance Medical Directives
- Bloody Sputum (Hemoptysis)
- Chest Pain
- Chronic Cough
- Shoulder Pain
- Weight Loss
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis)
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Cancer Research: Going the Distance
- Lung Cancer Q & A
- Cancer Pain Management with Ann Reiner
- Cancer: The Importance of Joining a Cancer Support Group with Selma Schimmel
- Cancer Patients Need Proper Diet and Exercise
- Cancer: Living Well Despite with Win Boerckel
- Cancer Treatment: Writing to Heal with Margie Davis
- Cancer Survival and Attitude with Hamilton Jordan
- Cancer: Confronting Cancer with Humor
- Lung Cancer
- Smoking FAQs
- Cancer FAQs
- Lung Cancer FAQs
- Doctors Answer Lung Condition Questions
- Should People With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Avoid Smoking?
- What Is the Di Bella Cancer Cure?
- Why Does Lung Cancer Spread So Fast?
- Can You Get Lung Cancer After Quitting Smoking?
- What Is Bone Cancer?
- Complementary and Alternative Cancer Treatments
- Abdominal Pain Causes
- Stage IV Lung Cancer With ALK (Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase) Rearrangement
- Radon: Test Your Home for Radon
- Biopsy: Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before a Biopsy
- Lung Cancer Signs and Symptoms
- 5 Causes of Lung Cancer in Non-Smokers
- Smoking Cessation: FREE Help
- Dana Reeve Dies of Lung Cancer by Dr. Stoppler
- Lung Cancer Breakthrough - Chemo Helps
- Lung Cancer - Health Beat Audio Segment
- Cigar Smoking ... Heart & Lung Disease & Cancer
- Coping with a Bad Disease - Community Counts
- Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
- Sensitive to Smoke, Lung Cancer Gene
- Cancer Care in the Elderly
Medications & Supplements
- gefitinib - oral, Iressa
- fentanyl patch (Duragesic)
- docetaxel, Taxotere, Docefrez
- gefitinib, (Iressa discontinued in the US)
- erlotinib, Tarceva
- Nicorette Gum (nicotine polacrilex, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Thrive)
- nicotine patch (Nicoderm CQ, Habitrol)
- granisetron transdermal system (patch), Sancuso
- Dilaudid vs. Fentanyl (Pain Strength Comparison and Side Effects)
Prevention & Wellness
- Teens Often Think E-Cigs, Hookah Pipes Harmless: CDC
- Hookah Smoking Carries a Poisoning Risk
- Ban Menthols to Help Some Smokers Quit
- Toxic Metals Found in E-Cigarette Vapor
- Strong Tobacco Laws May Weed Out Vapers, Too
- Lung Cancer One of Many Reasons Not to Smoke
- Exercise May Help Lung Cancer Surgery Go More Smoothly
- New Treatments Tackling Tough Lung Cancer
- Many Lung Cancer Patients Aren't Getting Best Treatment: Study
- Best Ways to Quit Smoking, Cut Your Lung Cancer Risk
- Clean Air Act May Be Saving More Lives Than Thought
- Local Smoke-Free Laws Tied to Fewer Lung Cancer Cases
- Lung Cancer Drug Targets 'Hidden' HIV in French Patient
- Yoga May Give Lung Cancer Patients, Caregivers a Boost
- Survival Odds Improving for Lung Cancer Patients
- Health Tip: Screening for Lung Cancer
- Radiation and Chemotherapy Together Boost Lung Cancer Survival
- Blacks, Elderly Missing From U.S. Cancer Clinical Trials
- HIV and Smoking a Lethal Combo for the Lungs
- U.S. Cancer Death Rate Continues to Fall
- Could Common Vitamin Supplements Raise Lung Cancer Risk?
- Can a Blood Test Detect a Range of Cancers Earlier?
- Climate Change May Trigger 60,000 More Premature Deaths by 2030
- Gum Disease May Be Linked to Cancer Risk in Older Women
- FDA Looks to Reduce Nicotine in Cigarettes
- For Holocaust Survivors, Raised Risk of Cancer
- Cancer Deaths Higher in Rural America, CDC Reports
- Big Gap in Cancer Deaths Between Rich, Poor Countries
- Health Tip: Want Healthier Lungs?
- Raise the Smoking Age to 21? Most Kids Fine With That
- Gene-Targeted Drugs Fight Advanced Lung Cancers
- FDA OKs First Cancer Drug by Genetic Type, Not Organ of Origin
- Death Rate Drops for Americans Hospitalized With COPD
- New Drug Approved for All Cancers With Genetic Marker
- Suicide Risk Quadruples After Lung Cancer Diagnosis
- Could 'Safer' Filtered Cigarettes Be More Deadly?
- Study Says Blood-Chromosome Test Predicts Lung Cancer's Return
- Artificial Intelligence May Help Combat TB in Remote Regions
- 4 in 10 Americans Still Breathe Dirty Air
- Could a Daily Vitamin Curb Smog's Effect on the Heart?
- CRISPR: Is It Possible to Remove Disease From DNA?
- Can Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Lower Cancer Death Risk?
- Drug Offers Some Hope for a Deadly Lung Cancer
- Most Americans Favor Larger Health Warnings on Cigarette Packs
- Smokers May Be Prone to Risks From Breast Cancer Radiation Therapy
- Tests May Bring New Wave of Cancer Detection
- Most Cancers Caused by Random DNA Copying Errors
- Blood Test May Spot Lung Cancer's Return, Even Before Scans
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors Face Risk of Second Cancer: Study
- Nasal Swab Shows Promise in Confirming Lung Cancers
- Prison Time Can Be Deadly … to Health
- Cancer Isn't 'One Size Fits All' for Hispanics
- Too Few Current, Former Smokers Screened for Lung Cancer
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Over Three Decades
- Many With Advanced Lung Cancer Don't Get Treatments That Might Help
- U.S. Report Cites the Good and Bad on Marijuana
- Delaying Chemo After Lung Cancer Surgery? Better Late Than Never
- Teens May Not Heed Health Warnings on Cigars
- Immune-Focused Drug Shows Promise Against Lung Cancer
- Cigarettes Aren't Cool, California Teens Say
- Just 1 Cigarette a Day Can Be Deadly: Study
- Worldwide Cancer Rates Up More Than One-Third in Past Decade: Report
- It's Never Too Late to Stop Smoking
- Smoking Plus Diabetes a Very Deadly Mix
- CDC Reveals Top 5 Causes of Death
- Fewer in U.S. Smoke, But Smoking's Death Toll Continues
- Graphic Cigarette Pack Labels May Cut U.S. Smoking Deaths
- Smoking Wreaks Genetic Havoc on Lungs, Study Warns
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- U.S. Smoking Rates Differ by County, Not Just State
- Secondhand Smoke More Insidious Than Thought
- New Type of Radiation Treatment May Up Survival for Older Lung Cancer Patients
- More Cancer Patients Gaining From Immune-Based Treatments
- Smog May Shorten Lives of Lung Cancer Patients
- Could Statins Help Fight Cancer?
- Second, Unrelated Cancers Strike 1 in 12 Cancer Patients
- Healthy Living Slashes Cancer Risk
- Southern States Lagging in Tough Smoking Bans, CDC Says
- Do Too Many Lung Cancer Patients Miss Out on Surgery?
- Middle-Aged More Often Diagnosed With Late-Stage Lung Cancer
- Better Lung Cancer Survival? There's an App for That
- 15.5 Million Americans Now Surviving Cancer: Report
- 'Precision' Cancer Treatment May Extend Lives
- HIV Patients Less Likely to Get Treatment for Cancer: Study
- Exercise May Cut Risk of 13 Cancers, Study Suggests
- Lung Cancer Surgery Worthwhile for Older Patients
- Radon in the Home May Be Linked to Blood Cancers in Women
- Smog May Boost Risk for Several Cancers
- Drug Shows Promise Against Rare, Aggressive Skin Cancer
- Black Smokers Less Likely to Get Lung Cancer Screening
- Xalkori Approved For Rare Genetic Form of Lung Cancer
- U.S. Cancer Death Rate Continues to Fall
- Can Certain 'Poor Carb' Diets Raise Nonsmokers' Lung Cancer Risk?
- For Cancer Patients, Pain May Rise as Finances Dwindle
- U.S. Action on Climate Change Could Save Nearly 300,000 Lives by 2030: Study
- Lung Cancer Survivors May Be Getting Too Many PET Scans
- Weight May Influence Outcomes After Lung Cancer Surgery
- Secondhand Smoke in Hookah Bars May Put Employees at Risk
- Smokers With Pneumonia at Risk for Lung Cancer: Study
- Organ Recipients at Raised Risk of Cancer Death, Study Finds
- Some Steps to Help Protect Yourself From Cancer
- Keytruda May Help Fight Tough-to-Treat Lung Cancer
- Alecensa Approved for Lung Cancer Tied to Gene Mutation
- Opdivo Approved for Advanced Kidney Cancer
- Portrazza Approved for Advanced Lung Cancer
- Shorter People Less Likely to Get Lung Transplants
- Lung Cancer Surgery Rates Differ Widely Between States
- High-Risk Lung Cancer Patients May Benefit From Surgery
- VW Emissions Scandal May Cost 60 U.S. Lives, Study Claims
- Keytruda Approved for Leading Form of Lung Cancer
- Study Says Radiation Often Overused in Late-Stage Lung Cancer
- CT Scans for Lung Cancer Turn Up Few False-Positives: Study
- Differences Found in Smokers, Nonsmokers Who Develop Lung Cancer
- New Drug May Give Small Survival Boost to Some With Advanced Lung Cancer
- Lonsurf Approved for Advanced Colon Cancer
- Heating, Cooking Are Top Contributors to Air-Pollution Deaths Worldwide
- Health Tip: Secondhand Smoke Poses Danger
- Nonsmokers Account for Rising Proportion of Lung Cancer Cases, Studies Find
- New Federal Rules Could Shield Workers from Common Lung Toxin
- Scientists Suggest New Way to Predict Lung Cancer Risk
- Lung Cancer Patients Who Quit Smoking Live Longer
- Iressa Approved for Specific Late-Stage Lung Cancer
- Asbestos Found in Kids' Crayons, Toy Kits: Report
- Lung Scans May Help Track Suspicious Masses, Study Says
- Millions of Smokers May Have Undiagnosed Lung Disease
- Smoking Blamed for Half of Deaths From Major Cancers in People Over 35
- Surgery May Boost Survival in Certain Advanced Lung Cancers
- E-Cigarette Users Often Believe Devices Will Help Them Quit Tobacco
- Exercise May Blunt a Woman's Risk of Lung and Breast Cancer: Studies
- Immune-Based Drug Shows Potential Against Another Form of Lung Cancer
- Smoking May Make Return of Lung Cancer More Likely
- Can Statins Help Lower Lung Cancer Death Risk?
- 4 in 10 Americans Breathe Unhealthy Air: Report
- Drugs Show Promise for Some Advanced Lung Cancers
- Income May Affect Survival After Lung Cancer Surgery
- Gene Variation Could Spur Longer Smoking, Earlier Cancer
- Drug Shows Early Promise for Advanced Lung Cancer
- Young Adults Respond to Graphic Cigarette Warnings
- Report Shows Progress in America's War on Cancer
- Midlife Fitness May Be a Real Cancer Fighter for Men
- CDC Launches New Round of Graphic Anti-Smoking Ads
- Opdivo Approval Expanded to Include Lung Cancer
- Cancer Patients Prefer Care That Includes Their Input
- Don't Exclude Cancer Survivors From Lung Cancer Trials, Study Urges
- U.S. Smoking Deaths May Be Underestimated, Study Suggests
- Lung Cancer No. 1 Cancer Killer of Women in Wealthy Nations
- Lung Transplants From Heavy Drinkers Linked to Higher Complication Risk
- Efforts to Curtail Tobacco Use Stalled in 2014, Report Says
- Gene-Based Spit Test Shows Promise in Lung Cancer Detection
- Lung Cancer Drug Opdivo Improves Survival in Trial
- As Altitude Rises, Lung Cancer Rates Seem to Fall
- Nearly Half of Older Adults With Asthma, COPD Still Smoke: CDC
- Rotating Night Shift Work May Raise Risks of Heart Disease, Lung Cancer: Study
- Some Expert Tips to Help Smokers Finally Quit in 2015
- Falling Cancer Death Rate Means 1.5 Million Lives Saved Over 20 Years
- Ebola, Obamacare Top U.S. Health News for 2014
- Cancer Treatment Costs Weigh Heavily on Patients, Study Finds
- Cyramza Approval Expanded to Include Non-Small Lung Cancer
- Cigarettes Cause One-Third of U.S. Cancer Deaths: Report
- Get Ready for the Great American Smokeout
- Medicare to Cover Lung Cancer Screening for Long-Time Smokers
- Cigars Loaded With Harmful Toxins, Study Shows
- Lung Cancer Screening Can Be Cost Effective, Study Reports
- Some Lung Patients Buy Cigarettes Along With Meds at Pharmacies: Study
- Living With a Smoker Like Living in a Polluted City: Study
- Lung Cancer May Lie Dormant for 2 Decades
- Groups Call for Medicare Coverage of Lung Cancer Screening
- The Future of Cancer Detection
- Lung Infections May Hamper Ability to Detect Lung Cancer
- Family Squabbles Can Derail Recovery From Cancer Surgery
- Targeted Drugs Among Successes Against Cancer, Says New Report
- Chest Radiation May Help Fight Some Advanced Lung Cancers: Study
- Common Respiratory Diseases Tied to Lung Cancer Risk
- New Colorectal Cancer Screening Test Approved
- U.S. Lung Cancer Rates Falling Overall, Study Finds
- New Cancer Classification System Might Boost Patient Outcomes
- Prisons That Bar Smoking May Boost Inmates' Health: Study
- One in 10 Cancer Survivors Still Smoke Years Later, Study Finds
- Possible Advance for Some Late-Stage Lung Cancer Patients
- CDC Readies Latest Graphic Anti-Smoking Ads
- Timing of Day's First Cigarette May Influence Lung Cancer Risk
- Breath Test May Spot Lung Cancer
- Obama Moves to Cut Power Plant Emissions
- Experimental Drug May Extend Lung Cancer Survival, Study Suggests
- Number of Cancer Survivors Should Grow to 19 Million in Next Decade: Report
- 1 in 4 Smokers With Gene Defect May Get Lung Cancer
- Abnormal Lung Scan May Be 'Teachable Moment' for Smokers
- Lower Risk of Prostate Cancer Seen in Circumcised Blacks: Study
- Pancreatic Cancer Will Be 2nd Deadliest Cancer by 2030: Study
- Dogs May Help Spot Human Prostate Cancers, Study Finds
- Stepped-Up Screening Would Uncover More Lung Cancers, Study Says
- Lung Cancer Not on Many Women's Radar: Survey
- Lung Cancer Surgery May Be Safest at High-Volume Hospitals, Study Finds
- Chemo Might Give Certain Lung Cancer Patients an Edge
- Lung Cancer Diagnosis Takes Toll on Patients' Sex Lives, Experts Say
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise for Drug-Resistant Lung Cancer
- Breath Test May Detect Signs of Lung Cancer: Study
- Radiation Before Surgery May Improve Survival From Rare Lung Cancer
- Much More Must Be Done to Lower Smoking Rates, Experts Say
- U.S. Lung Cancer Rates Continue to Drop: CDC
- Big Cigarette Tax Hikes Might Prevent 200 Million Deaths in a Century
- A Guide to Smoking-Cessation Options
- U.S. Panel Backs Routine Lung CT Scans for Older, Heavy Smokers
- Many Lung Cancer Tumors May Prove Harmless, Study Finds
- Gene Testing May Boost Lung Cancer Survival: Study
- Could Antidepressant Combat Lethal Lung Cancer?
- Protein Found in Blood Might Help Detect Lung Cancer Sooner: Report
- Gene Mutation May Help Predict Lung Cancer Survival in Nonsmokers
- More Evidence Backs Routine CT Scans for Early Lung Cancer Detection
- Discovery May Help Pinpoint Risk of Lung Cancer Returning After Surgery
- Bigger Lungs Improve Odds of Transplant Survival, Study Finds
- U.S. Panel Backs Routine Lung CT Scans for Older, Heavy Smokers
- Menthol May Boost Cigarettes' Addictive Properties: Study
- Plain Brown Cigarette Packs May Help Some Smokers Quit: Study
- Smokers' Cell Damage Exists Even If Tests Miss It, Study Says
- Gilotrif Approved for Late-Stage Lung Cancer
- 2 Million Deaths a Year Could Be Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Quitting Smoking May Boost Diabetes Risk Slightly in Older Women
- New Drug May Help Fight Certain Advanced Lung Cancers
- CT Scans Reduce Lung Cancer Deaths, Study Confirms
- Study Supports Using Low-Dose CT Scans to Spot Early Lung Cancer
- Racial Disparities Seen in U.S. Lung Cancer Treatment
- Water Pipe No Safer Than Cigarettes: Study
- Testing Lung Cancer Patients for Gene May Aid Treatment, Study Finds
- Clinical Trials Helped One Woman's Fight Against Cancer
- Freezing Treatment May Help Destroy Lung Tumors: Study
- Lung Cancer Scares Vary by State, Study Finds
- Study Hints of Links Between HPV and Lung Cancer
- 'Wake-Up' Cigarette May Raise Risk for Lung, Mouth Cancers
- Most Doctors Don't Help Lung Cancer Patients Quit Smoking: Survey
- When Breast Cancer Spreads to Lungs, Surgery May Increase Survival
- Nearly 14 Million Cancer Survivors in U.S.: Report
- Tofu-Rich Diet May Help Women With Lung Cancer Live Longer
- Cigarette 'Relighting' on Rise in Still-Tight Economy
- Q&A: Valerie Harper's Cancer
- Cancer Chemotherapy Tied to Slight Rise in Risk for Leukemia
- Which Cancer Tests Do You Really Need?
- Fried Foods May Boost Prostate Cancer Risk, Study Says
- Study: Lungs From Heavy Smokers OK for Transplant
- Folic Acid Supplements Don't Affect Cancer Risk, Review Finds
- Women's Smoking Deaths at All-Time High in U.S.
- Cancer Death Rates Drop 20% Over 2 Decades
- U.S. Lung Cancer Deaths Highest for Blacks in Segregated Areas: Study
- Common Heart Drug Might Improve Lung Cancer Survival
- More Evidence That Violent Video Games Help Spur Aggression
- Children of Older Parents With Cancer May Be at Risk, Too
- Existing Breast Cancer Drugs May Help More Women
- Breath Test May Detect Colon Cancer
- Obesity Complicates Lung Cancer Surgery: Study
- New DNA-Based Blood Test May Spot Signs of Cancer
- Colorful Fruits, Vegetables May Be Key to Cancer-Fighting Diet
- Airport Smoking Areas Expose Travelers, Workers to Risk: CDC
- Smokers, Nonsmokers Alike Urged to Learn About Lung Cancer
- Smoking Bans Are on the Rise in Big Cities
- Great American Smokeout Is Thursday
- Scientists Find Gene Differences in Nonsmokers With Lung Cancer
- Gruesome Cigarette Pack Images Sway Smokers, Study Finds
- Anti-Smoking Progress Stalls Among U.S. Adults: Report
- Many Mistakenly Think Radiation Might Cure Terminal Lung Cancer
- Smoking Bans Reduce Hospitalizations: Study
- Smoking Can Cut 10 Years Off a Woman's Life
- Many With Incurable Cancer Think They Can Be Cured
- Big Drop in Colon Cancer Attributed to Colonoscopy
- Abraxane Approved to Treat Advanced Lung Cancer
- Blood Test May Spot Rare Lung Cancer
- Scientists Link Gene to Lower Risk of Lung Cancer
- Supportive Spouse May Extend Cancer Survival
- Wins in War on Cancer Highlighted in New Report
- Cancer-Causing Chemical in Smokeless Tobacco ID'd
- More College Women Smoking Hookahs
- Antioxidants Might Help Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk, Study Suggests
- Serious Mental Illness Tied to Higher Cancer, Injury Risk: Studies
- Study Gives First Evidence That Adult Human Lungs Can Regrow
- Lung Cancer Deaths Rise Among 'Boomer' Women in South
- EPA Proposes New Cuts on Levels of Soot in Air
- Targeted Radiation for Lung Cancer May Carry Risks
- Inactivation of Gene Might Cause Skin Cancer to Spread
- Some Docs Would Order Cancer Screening for Very Sick Elderly
- Use of Smokers' Lungs for Transplant Has Pros, Cons
- Smoking Gene May Reveal Why Some People Smoke More
- Study Ties Secondhand Smoke to Bladder Irritation in Kids
- Screening for Lung Cancer Might Benefit Those at Highest Risk
- Beijing's Olympic Smog Shows Pollution's Effect on Health
- A Little More Education, a Little Longer Life?
- Older Lung Cancer Patients Less Likely to Be Treated
- Screening for Other Health Problems May Aid COPD Survival
- Secondhand Smoke Permeates Many Apartment Buildings: Study
- Warnings on Cigarette Packs May Keep Ex-Smokers From Relapse
- Avastin No Benefit to Older Lung Cancer Patients: Study
- Lung Cancer Screening Might Pay Off, Analysis Shows
- Could Menthol Cigarettes Pose Even Higher Stroke Risk?
- Early Study Finds Some Promise for Lung Cancer Vaccine
- Immune-Based Drug Combo Might Extend Cancer Survival
- Cancer Deaths Continue to Fall
- Secondhand Smoke in Childhood Linked to Lung Disease Years Later
- CDC Launches Graphic Anti-Smoking Ad Campaign
- Dietary Cadmium, Breast Cancer Link?
- Anti-Smoking Efforts Saved 795,000 Lives Over 25 Years: Study
- Many Docs Order Unneeded Lung Cancer Screening Tests: Survey
- Is Cancer Outwitting 'Personalized Medicine'?
- Health Highlights: March 5, 2012
- Radiation After Lung Cancer Surgery Doesn't Help All: Study
- Exercise a Good Pick-Me-Up After Cancer Treatment: Study
- Gene Test May Help Determine Early Lung Cancer Survival
- Health Highlights: Jan. 23, 2012
- Health Highlights: Jan. 22, 2012
- Researchers Look at Genomes of Nonsmokers With Lung Cancer
- Anti-Estrogen Treatment Shrank Lung Tumors in Mice
- From Bad to Better: U.S. Cancer Rates Continue to Drop
- Health Care Reform Battle Tops Health News for 2011
- 40 Years On, the Triumphs and Challenges of America's 'War on Cancer'
- Electronic Cigarette Makers Must Prove Safety of Products: Report
- Smoking Linked to Skin Cancer in Women
- Microwave Technique Fights Lung Tumors
- Higher Cancer Risk in People With HIV
- Drugs That Control Genes May Treat Lung Cancer
- Cancer Risk Doubles After Organ Transplant, Study Finds
- Vaccine May Help Slow Spread of Lung Cancer
- Vitamin E Supplements May Raise Prostate Cancer Risk
- New Warning Added to Avastin Label
- Report: Task Force to Recommend Against PSA Test
- Study: Obese People Live as Long as Slimmer People
- Experimental Drug Bests Chemo in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Study
- Cancer Deaths in U.S. Still Dropping
- Smoking Raises Risk of Peripheral Artery Disease
- CDC: More States Need to Go 'Smoke-Free'
- FDA Panel Backs Device to Treat Brain Tumors
- Toenail Nicotine Test May Predict Lung Cancer
- Fish Oil Counters Chemotherapy Weight Loss
- Many Patients Don't Take Part in Cancer Studies
- Tamoxifen May Cut Lung Cancer Deaths
- Women Who Smoke May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Smoking Raises Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Aspirin Cuts Death Rate From Several Common Cancers
- Americans Lack Basic Facts on Lung Cancer
- Diabetes Drug Metformin Linked to Lower Lung Cancer Rate in Mice
- Can Fruits, Veggies Help Ward Off Lung Cancer?
- Cancer Patients Live Longer With Palliative Care
- No Evidence Estrogen Causes Lung Cancer Post-Hysterectomy
- Avastin Largely Safe for Patients With Type of Advanced Lung Cancer
- CDC: More Cancer Screenings Needed to Save Lives
- Tailored Treatment for Advanced Lung Cancer?
- Vitamin B6 Linked to Lower Lung Cancer Risk
- Cancer Caregivers Share Patient Stresses
- Exercise Recommended for Cancer Patients
- Pill Shrinks Some Lung Cancers
- Don't Count on Selenium to Prevent Lung Cancer Recurrence
- Researchers Report Treatment Headway Against Lung Cancer
- Study: Shark Cartilage No Help for Cancer
- Post-Chemo Treatment May Boost Lung Cancer Survival
- Vitamin E May Lower Women's Lung Disease Risk
- Hookahs Safer Than Cigarettes? A Pipe Dream
- Tobacco Control Programs Cut Smoking Rates
- Lung Cancer Increase in Women Tied to Genes, Estrogen
- Diabetes Drug May Help Prevent Lung Cancer
- Matching Tumor Types to Drugs Boosts Lung Cancer Outcomes
- Blacks Hit Hardest by Lung Cancer
- Simple Test May Spot Early Lung Cancer
- Cancer Linked to Other Chronic Illnesses
- Chemo May Boost Survival After Lung Cancer Surgery
- Gene Linked to Lung Cancer Risk in Non-Smokers
- Genetic Variant Raises Lung Cancer Risk
- Information Gap Could Delay Lung Cancer Therapy in Blacks
- Surgery Alone May Thwart Stage 1 Lung Cancer
- Genes Play Role in Prognosis With Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers
- New Test Might 'Smell' Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Smokers With Lung Cancer: Not Too Late to Quit
- Current Smoking Can Worsen Lung Cancer
- Tobacco Toxin Helps a Protein Cause Lung Cancer
- Blood Test for Lung Cancer in the Works
- Lung Cancer Drug Zaps Tumor Blood Vessels
- Strides Made in Lung Cancer Treatment
- Green Tea May Cut Smokers' Lung Cancer Risk
- Hormone Therapy May Make Lung Cancer More Likely
- Small Molecule Might Play Big Part in Lung Cancer
- Alimta Approved as Maintenance Therapy for Advanced Lung Cancer
- 10 Persistent Myths About Smoking
- 25 Ways to Create a Green and Healthy Home
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit): Tips for Patients and Families
- Cancer Treatment: Getting the Support You Need
- Cancer Treatment: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Lung Cancer Prevention
- Quit Smoking
- Iressa: Questions and Answers on Iressa's (gefitinib) New Labeling
- Iressa: New Labeling for Iressa (gefitinib)
- Iressa, FDA Approves Drug for Lung Cancer
- Iressa (gefitinib): Questions and Answers on FDA Approval
- Women and Smoking, Killer Combination
- Cancer Causing Agents - Carcinogens
- Smoking in Men
- Cancer and Sexual Health
- Chemotherapy and Other Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Cancer Treatment - Managing Eating Problems
- Cancer Survival - Better & Longer Survival Rates
- Lesion...What Does The Doctor Mean?
- Cancer Treatment: Pre-Treatment Eating Tips
- Whole Body Scanning, Do You Really Need One?
- Cancer Pain, A Guide for You and Your Family
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Cancers: Leading Cancers in Women, Men, & Children
- Smoking: A Scan a Year for Smokers?
- The Dangers Secondhand Smoke
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter