Patient Comments: Low Testosterone (Low T) - Treatment & Side Effects

What prescription treatments have been effective in treating your low-T. What side effects have you experienced? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: tegz, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I used aloe vera gel as a food supplement and found to my dismay that it had worsened my libido, and performance in particular. I got the general physician to agree to test but he said my low testosterone was normal, 12umol/l. This was barely so, so I saw an endocrinologist and he agreed to prescribe Tostran gel 2% which is a bit messy, but better than being low bone density and low mood/physique. I would warn men, especially older, away from anything containing phytoestrogens like aloe vera products which are 99% meant for women. Soy protein powder had the same effect years ago, so I should have known... they are phytoestrogen loaded too.

Low Testosterone Pictures Slideshow