Patient Comments: Low Testosterone (Low T) - Experience

Please describe your experience with low-T. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: heyhey , 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I'm 33 years old, 6 ft. 1, 195, and have always worked out since I was in high school. I've always suffered from anxiety, fatigue but figured it was just a part of suffering from anxiety. I've been on Paxil for 9 years but my sex drive is just fine. Recently I got my testosterone test results and they are at 19.5! I'm 33 and wonder if this could have been the cause of my fatigue, depression and anxiety. I just started TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) today 200 mg every two weeks until my next blood test in 3 months.

Comment from: Only 28, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 27

I am only 28 years old and testosterone is currently 8.6. The general physician treated me for 20 weeks with a shot every second week. What a difference! He has refused to prescribe any more right now though because of age. I am seeing him again to get referral to endocrinologist.

Comment from: RS, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I am 42, my T level is 35, yeah nonexistent. I regularly see a pain specialist for chronic low back pain. I"m on the medication Duragesic and have been for 8 years. My family doctor did what any good doctor would do, blood test and then MRI to check the pituitary gland for adenomas. The MRI results were normal. His opinion is my pain medications are the problem.

Comment from: LD belive me. , 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

I experienced very low T levels. I got this stuff called Prime Male and it made a significant difference in my T levels based on a follow on blood test. Stuff is no joke.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Men's Health Newsletter