Patient Comments: Lower Back Pain - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatment have been effective for your lower back pain?

Comment from: reknaw, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

After suffering lower back pain for numerous years I was having physiotherapy and the wonderful, smart therapist said that even though I may have a back problem, I need to go now to a hip specialist. The hip specialist took an x-ray and said my right hip was totally deteriorated and did surgery immediately. Thanks to a terrific surgeon and remarkable therapist I no longer suffer any back pain. It also added an inch to my leg which was always shorter. I am walking better than ever. Just saying one might check the hip.

Comment from: AZLove, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 15

Low impact physical therapy in water, good sleep habits, positive mental health, and 30mg MS Contin twice daily, Roxicodone 15 mg twice daily, Lyrica 150 mg twice, and Mobic 15 mg once have helped with my lower back pain. Diagnosis with MRIs in a nutshell showed multiple bulging/slipping discs and moderate to severe stenosis, I am 33 years old male.

Comment from: MARIA, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 09

Using pain killer together with exercise has been effective for my lower back pain.

Comment from: JCR, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I know how horrible chronic back pain can be. After a car accident, I had debilitating pain for seven years. I had been to various doctors and done physical therapy throughout that time period. Stretches worked when I was sore, but sometimes the pain was so intense that I could hardly get out of bed. I have even had to take days or weeks off of work due to the pain. I have been living in Barcelona for the past five years. It's here where I found a doctor who finally really listened to my symptoms and understood my problem. Other doctors had mentioned surgery, but my doctor didn't think that I would improve with surgery. Instead he offered me a less invasive treatment, cortisone injections in some joints of my spine called facet joints. His work was seriously life changing! I haven't felt so normal since before my back issues began. Even if you have to pay for a flight and a few nights of a hotel, it would be worth it to finally relieve the pain! Another major perk is that medical costs in Barcelona are exponentially less expensive than they are in the States, especially if you are under or uninsured, and many doctors, like mine, are fluent in English. I have been pain free for more than a year and I couldn't be more grateful.

Comment from: JCR, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I know how horrible chronic back pain can be. I have had debilitating pain for seven years due to a car accident. I have been to various doctors and done physical therapy. Stretches work when I am sore, but sometimes the pain is so intense that I can hardly get out of bed. I have even had to take days or weeks off of work due to the pain. I have been living in Barcelona for the past five years. It is here I found a doctor who finally really listened to my symptoms and understood my problem. Other doctors had mentioned surgery, but my doctor didn't think that I would improve with surgery. Instead he offered me a less invasive treatment, cortisone injections in some joints of my spine, called facet joints. His work was seriously life changing! I haven't felt so normal since before my back issues began. Even if you have to pay for a flight and a few nights of a hotel, it would be worth it to finally relieve the pain! Another major perk is that medical costs in Barcelona are exponentially less expensive than they are in the States, especially if you are under or uninsured. Good luck with your journey to recovery!

Comment from: Shouter TV, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 10

Yoga has been good for my lower back pain.

Lower Back Pain - Exercises and Stretches Question: What stretches and exercises have helped with your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Common Causes Question: What is the cause of or reason for your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Uncommon Causes Question: Do you have an unusual reason for lower back pain? Please discuss the cause.
Lower Back Pain - Prevention Question: In what ways do you try to prevent lower back pain? Please describe conditioning programs.