Patient Comments: Lower Back Pain - Common Causes

What is the cause of or reason for your lower back pain? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Lyn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I have lower back pain constantly which also travels down into the groin area. I have rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, kidney disease and rheumatoid lung disease.

Comment from: larry366, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 22

March 8th I had a colonoscopy now I have sharp pain lower back right hip.

Comment from: Lil dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have been suffering long term lower back pain. I have degenerative disc disease and stenosis. I have been to several pain specialists and have been told that I'm past the point of physiotherapy helping. Also have a bone disease in left leg, which makes walking more painful. As of now I only take over-the-counter medicines which barely help at all. The last pain doctor I saw will not prescribe (narcotic) medicines. I'm fed up with the medical doctors as I'm passed from one doctor to the next.

Comment from: Honbun, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have spinal stenosis plus arthritis, I was a waitress all my life (from the age of 14), I am going on 70 now. I have epidural shots every three months that have helped except for the last one, it really hurt as he was doing it. My left leg was in so much pain as he administered the drug through my spine. I do take pain medications but they only relieve the pain for a while, I cannot sleep on that side and it aches and burns all the way down the leg.

Comment from: Alga, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 03

I have back pain most of the time on my lower back and I do have DISH (diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis).

Comment from: Anthea, 35-44 (Patient) Published: July 08

All I know is I have not been able to walk for weeks now. I'm in so much pain, my back is killing me. I've been to 4 general physicians already, no help.

Comment from: j martinez, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I have an L-4 lumber cage fusion since the year 2001. I went back to labor work even against the advice of my doctor and some years ago it got harder for me to get out of bed to go to work. I do not work anymore. I deal with a lot of pain, I would have to say disabling pain at times more often than usual and seem to be increasing as I age.

Comment from: Judd, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I am a physical therapist who has been suffering from chronic low back pain since the age of 23. It is very perplexing, but my pain is solely at night or the early morning hours. Severe pain and stiffness prevent me from getting a full night's sleep. Some doctors have diagnosed ankylosing spondylitis, while others DISH disease. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems to be getting worse, because I'm having more pain and stiffness and sleeping less. Meds don't seem to help.

Comment from: neptune, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 03

I have developed lower back pain in the last few weeks after a period of intense sexual activity. I don't know how this situation can be treated.

Comment from: Adele, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I had lower back pains for a long period. I thought it was due to lifting heavy objects while spring cleaning. This was not the cause. Eventually, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

Comment from: harish, 35-44 (Patient) Published: March 27

I have stiffness and unbearable pain in my lower back. I have difficulty getting up after sleeping.

Comment from: harish, 35-44 (Patient) Published: March 26

I have stiffness in my lower back and unbearable pain. Also, I find it difficult to get up after sleeping.

Low Back Pain Relief