Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Experience

Please share your personal experience with liver disease. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: nhsstoryteller, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I have primary biliary cirrhosis and am a non-drinker. I have never used IV drugs, have no tattoos, no blood transfusions, and tested negative for all hepatitis known to man. I have been taking Ursodiol for years now, but the side effects of this disease are devastating: constant itching, leg cramps, nausea, fatigue, day sleeping, bleeding from the nose (lasting 15 hours or more) and other areas of the body, portal hypertension, etc.

Comment from: H.Jisan, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 27

Sometimes I have right side abdominal pain. Specially, I felt pain after taking a meal, and after urination. I felt as if some urine was stuck inside. My urine was not clear. I went to the doctor and had a checkup such as, ultrasonography. He said it was fatty liver. After that nothing was said, and he never gave any prescription. But I have no appendicitis and no stone. The doctor asked me to drink lots of water. I do, but I still feel pain.

Comment from: johjon, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I had a big infection and started with pain. I couldn't urinate and I couldn't eat; only custard. I lost 3 stones, stayed in bed but couldn't get warm. I had high temperature, went to the hospital and found I had prostatitis, cysts in intestines, blood clots in liver and gall bladder problem. But now I can't eat fatty foods or drink red wine or eat any processed food. I feel cold a lot of the time.

Comment from: Patricia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been having right upper quadrant pain off and on for the past 4 months. The pain was noted upon arising from a night's sleep and when I would bend my torso to the right. It concerned me so that I made an appointment with my internist. It was decided that I would have a CBC (complete blood count) and urinalysis. Both test came within normal range. I also head an ultra sound of my gallbladder which showed a fatty liver. I have another appointment with my gastroenterologist to find out what is going on. I also want to note that my previous blood work showed an elevated A1C.

Comment from: romy58, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

I used to have fatty liver 6-8 years ago but was treated, but now for some reason I got really sick and they found liver abscess and nobody seems to know how the abscess got in to my liver. I have been on an antibiotic and drain tube for two weeks.

Take the Liver Disease Quiz