Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Complications

Please describe the complications of liver disease experienced by you, a relative, or friend. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sj, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 13

I have frequent headaches and dizziness. Doctor says it is liver infection. My liver cannot process food and hence oxygen does not reach the brain.

Comment from: Michael, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 15

I have been a methamphetamine addict since I was 19 years old. Never used intravenously. This year at age 48 years old I have been diagnosed with hepatitis C and cirrhosis of the liver and I've had AIDS since I was 30 years old. I'm waiting for my ultra sound results so that I may start treatment for hepatitis C. My symptoms are severe scratching mostly on my legs, feet, back, stomach, hands, arms and butt especially if I sweat. I'm scarring my skin badly. I had someone tell me I should get checked for scabies. Now I have an assault and battery charge! How much longer do I have to live! I'm not ready to die.

Comment from: Doug, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 11

My mom has been diagnosed with a swollen liver. The problem is causing the stomach to swell as well.

Comment from: martin, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have had pain under my breast, then it shot down to my abdomen. I thought it was my period. I felt sick then I peed all night, not properly; it was for hours. The pain still continues off and on. Yes, I have been drinking alcohol, I cut down but used to drink beer with ice, then changed to vodka and lemon water. I had a bad bout of too much vodka one night, with water and lemon and I know that has set it right off. I need to try and not drink when my husband wants to drink. Stress leads me to drink but I don't get totally wasted. I know it's my fault.

Comment from: beccbart, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 11

I was diagnosed with a liver cyst in June of 2013 and had a follow up scan in January and was told that it hadn"t changed. However I have been experiencing fatigue, nausea, weakness, and light colored stools, and dark urine.

Comment from: Mzam, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 23

I went to a doctor and he told me that my liver can't handle bile, so it spilled all the bile into my blood that's the reason my eyes are yellowish and my skin is yellow.

Comment from: larry tate, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

I have been vomiting and I have severe stomach cramps, hand cramps, enlarged stomach and sneezing.

Comment from: ralphgummo, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 29

My husband has stage 4 liver disease. He has been in and out of the hospital. He's at home now. I'm unable to care for him since he sleeps all day and won't take his meds. I am able to check his sugar and give him his insulin, but that's it. He has lost weight and shows some signs of confusion.

Take the Liver Disease Quiz