Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Treatment

What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your liver disease? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jason C, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I have end stage liver disease. At least this is how the doctors have explained it. Not a very hope filled diagnosis. I've been in the hospital for 3 months on various medications for pain and diuretics/laxatives. As of July 15, I have been discharged from hospital. It is a very uneasy pain and anxiety filled last few days. It is easier to adapt to a more vegetarian lifestyle. Perhaps there is a wise person out there who could take a few moments of time to suggest a good diet for this condition. There is no longer any narcotics, opiates or detrimental drugs in the blood. Not even a baby aspirin has been prescribed to deal with pain. I am now through all delirium tremens and have renewed thoughts on faith and life. Thank you for even reading this. My 40th birthday is in August. It would be nice to be here.

Comment from: Concerned, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

My doctor says I have liver problems and is injecting testosterone to make it better, no research I have looked at supports this treatment. My concern is if he is taking appropriate action.

Take the Liver Disease Quiz