Patient Comments: Liver - Type of Disease and Treatments

Please share the type of liver disease you have, and any treatments or lifestyle changes you have made that have been effective for liver disease. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: nanny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Diagnosed with colon cancer in 2012, I had a bowel resection then, colon cancer stage was 4, with 6 out of 12 lymph nodes metastatic. In July of 2013, there was metastasis to liver and I had liver resection with 1/3 of right lobe removed. Oh yes, following my bowel surgery the doctor tried 5 different chemotherapy treatments, all of which made me deathly ill, so he stopped them. It gave me neuropathy of hands and feet, which seems to worsen with time. I did well till 2014 after recovering from that horrible liver surgery, but now there is a metastatic area along the left ridge of my liver. I have declined chemotherapy or surgery. My plan of action is a drastic change in my diet, which I should have done long ago, no sugar or very, very small amount, no red meat, mostly fresh or dried fruit, and fresh green vegetables, occasionally other vegetables, steel-cut oatmeal and occasional carb. Doctor started me on dexamethasone 4 mg once a day for 10 days. I will see him in 2 weeks to evaluate.

Comment from: Jackie C, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 03

I am 2 year cancer survivor, it started as rectal then went to liver. I had 40 percent of my liver removed. I have lately been tired, having nausea and some stomach cramps. I have CT scans every six months. I told my oncologist, and I now have my CEA tests done every 3 months instead of six. I won't know anything till the test in August and next scan in November. But so far nothing has shown up.

Comment from: ravikakkat, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 27

I have liver cirrhosis.

Comment from: liver scared, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I recently had paracentesis which lab results were negative for liver cancer. However, I still have bloating in abdominal cavity and discomfort not really pain but tightness.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter