The liver is the largest gland and organ in the body. There are a variety of liver diseases caused by liver inflammation, scarring of the liver, infection of the liver, gallstones, cancer, toxins, genetic diseases, and blood flow problems. Symptoms of liver disease generally do not occur until the liver disease is advanced. Some symptoms of liver disease include jaundice, nausea and vomiting, easy bruising, bleeding excessively, fatigue, weakness, weight loss, shortness of breath, leg swelling, impotence, and confusion. Treatment of diseases of the liver depends on the cause. Read more: Liver (Anatomy and Function) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Liver Health: 14 Best and Worst Foods for Your Liver
Get some simple diet tips to keep your liver healthy, including the best veggies to keep disease away and some snacks you'll want...
Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and Causes
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame....
Alcohol Quiz: Alcoholism & Health Effects
Take the Alcohol (Alcoholism) Quiz to learn how your alcohol is processed by your body and your brain....
Liver Disease Quiz: Fatty Liver Disease, Cirrhosis & Symptoms
What is liver disease? Take the Liver Disease Quiz and test your knowledge about this organ and its function....
Picture of Infectious Mononucleosis
"Mono" and "kissing disease" are popular terms for this very common illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). See a picture...
Picture of Infectious Mononucleosis
A specific viral infection (with the Epstein-Barr virus) in which there is an increase of white blood cells that are mononuclear...
Picture of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (Legs)
An acute febrile (feverish) disease initially recognized in the Rocky Mountain states, caused by Rickettsia rickettsii...
Symptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
What is mononucleosis (mono)? Learn about mononucleosis (mono) symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis. Discover how mononucleosis...
Picture of Pernicious Anemia
Pernicious anemia is a disease where large, immature, nucleated cells (megaloblasts, which are forerunners of red blood cells)...
Picture of Liver
Front View of the Liver. The liver is a large, meaty organ that sits on the right side of the belly. See a picture of the Liver...
Picture of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (Hand)
Early Erythematous and hemorrhagic macules and papules appeared initially on the wrists of a young child. See a picture of Rocky...
Picture of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (Ankles)
Early Erythematous and hemorrhagic macules and papules appeared initially on the ankles of an adolescent. See a Rocky Mountain...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Hepatitis: Surprising Things That Can Damage Your Liver
Alcohol and acetaminophen are well-known liver dangers, but what else can be harmful? WebMD says some of them may surprise you....
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: See Photos of the Rash
Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a disease carried by ticks that can be fatal if not treated. See pictures of the symptoms of...
Related Disease Conditions
Stool Color, Changes in Color, Texture, and Form
Stool color changes can very from green, red, maroon, yellow, white, or black. Causes of changes of stool color can range from...
Common Medical Abbreviations List (Acronyms and Definitions)
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions...
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...
Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)
Abdominal pain can have many causes that range from mild to severe. Some of these causes include bloating, gas, colitis,...
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Ascites, the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity is most commonly caused by cirrhosis of the liver. Some of the other...
Liver Disease Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, and Life Expectancy
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases, for example, gallstones, high...
Bilirubin (Bilirubin Test)
Bilirubin is a waste product of the normal breakdown of red blood cells in the liver. Normal bilirubin levels vary from lab to...
Gynecomastia (Enlarged Male Breasts Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
Gynecomastia, an enlargement of the gland tissue in the male breast is the caused by an imbalance of hormones. Certain medical...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Infectious mononucleosis is a virus infection in which there is an increase of white blood cells that are mononuclear (with a...
Pernicious anemia is a blood disorder in which the body does not make enough red blood cells due to a lack of vitamin B12 in the...
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
Liver cancer is cancer of the liver cells (hepatocellular carcinoma) or of the ducts in the liver (cholangiocarcinoma). Liver...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Hepatitis C (HCV, Hep C)
Hepatitis C is an inflammation of the liver due to the hepatitis C virus (HCV), which is usually spread by blood transfusion,...
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a virus that is spread from person to person via spit, semen, vaginal secretions, urine, blood, sexual...
Hepatitis (Viral Hepatitis, A, B, C, D, E, G)
Hepatitis is most often viral, due to infection with one of the hepatitis viruses (A, B, C, D, E, F (not confirmed), and G) or...
Drug-Induced Liver Disease
Drug-induced liver diseases are diseases of the liver that are caused by: physician-prescribed medications, OTC...
Fatty Liver (NASH)
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NASH occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver...
Gallstones (Pain, Symptoms, Causes, Diet, and Treatment)
Gallstones are stones that form when substances in the bile harden. Gallstones (formed in the gallbladder) can be as small as...
Jaundice (Hyperbilirubinemia) in Adults
Jaundice (hyperbilirubinemia) in adults may be caused by a variety of medical diseases or conditions. Some cases of jaundice can...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
Tylenol Liver Damage
Tylenol liver damage (acetaminophen) can occur from accidentally ingesting too much acetaminophen, or intentionally. Signs and...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Hepatitis A (HAV, Hep A)
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis A (HAV, Hep A) is one type of liver disease caused by a virus. Since...
Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
Bile duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma) is a rare type of cancer that arises from cells that line the drainage system from the...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B)
The hepatitis B virus (HBV, hep B) is a unique, coated DNA virus belonging to the Hepadnaviridae family of viruses. The course of...
Pulmonary Hypertension (Symptoms, Treatment Medications, Life Expectancy)
Pulmonary hypertension is an increase pressure in the pulmonary arteries that carry blood from the lungs to the heart. The most...
Adenovirus 14 (Killer Cold Virus)
Adenovirus infection, particularly Ad14, or the "killer cold virus" has been on the increase in the past two years. Symptoms...
Toxoplasmosis (toxo) is a parasitic infection that causes flu-like symptoms, swollen lymph nodes, and muscle aches and pains that...
Hepatitis C Cure (Symptoms, Transmission, Treatments, and Cost)
Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver. There are a variety of toxins, diseases, illicit drugs, medications, bacterial and viral...
Hepatitis A and B Vaccinations
Hepatitis A and hepatitis B are the two most commnon viruses that infect the liver. Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B can be prevented...
Hepatic hemangiomas are referred to as tumors, however, they not malignant and do not become cancerous. Hemangiomas can occur in...
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF)
Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a tick-borne disease that causes symptoms and signs such as fever, rash, headache, and muscle...
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Treatment (PBC)
Primary biliary sclerosis (PBC) is thought to be an autoimmune disorder that involves the deterioration of the liver's small bile...
Hepatitis E Viral Infection
Hepatitis E (hep E) is a type of hepatitis viral infection that includes hepatitis A, B, C, D, F, which is caused by the...
Liver Cancer (Hepatocellular Cancer) Prevention
Avoiding certain risk factors (such as hepatitis B and C, cirrhosis, and aflatoxin) can lower one's risk of developing liver...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Liver Blood Tests (Normal, Low, and High Ranges & Results)
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Liver Biopsy
- Liver Resection
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) of the Liver
- Liver Transplant
- Liver-Related Procedures and Tests
Medications & Supplements
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- hepatitis A vaccine (Havrix, Vaqta)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- lactulose laxative (Enulose, Generlac)
- albumin human (Albuked-5, Albuked-25, Albuminar-5, Albuminar-25, Alburx, Albutein, Buminate)
- hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Hydrodiuril)
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept)
- hepatitis b vaccine (Recombivax HB)
- tacrolimus (Prograf, Astagraf XL, Envarsus XR)
- Artemisia absinthium (Wormwood)
- sofosbuvir (Sovaldi)
- daclatasvir (Daklinza)
- Viekira Pak (ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir, and dasabuvir)
- Zepatier (elbasvir and grazoprevir)
- Harvoni (ledipasvir and sofosbuvir)
- telaprevir (Incivek)
- boceprevir (Victrelis)
Prevention & Wellness
- For One Woman, Popular Red Yeast Supplement Brought on Liver Damage
- How Transplanted Livers Guard Against Organ Rejection
- Red and Processed Meats Linked to Liver Woes
- Genetic Testing May Help Make Blood Thinner Safer
- Mexican-Americans at Higher Risk for Liver Cancer
- Hepatitis A Outbreak Declared in Los Angeles County
- U.S. Cancer Death Rate Continues to Fall
- San Diego County Declares Emergency Over Hepatitis A Outbreak
- Hep B Vaccine Should Be Given Sooner: Pediatricians Group
- Mavyret Approved for Hepatitis C
- Idhifa Approved for Some With Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Researchers Grow Functioning Liver Tissue in Mice
- Are Doctors Discarding Donor Kidneys That Could Save Lives?
- Broccoli Extract Shows Promise for Type 2 Diabetes
- Can Coffee, Tea Protect the Liver From 'Western' Diet?
- U.S. Liver Cancer Deaths Have Doubled Since 1980s: Study
- Gene-Targeted Drugs Fight Advanced Lung Cancers
- Cirrhosis Could Raise Stroke Risk
- Wild 'Death Cap' Mushroom Seriously Sickens 14 in California
- Chemo Drug May Buy Time for Those With Bile Duct Cancer
- Too Much Caffeine Caused South Carolina Teen's Death: Coroner
- New Hepatitis C Infections Hit 15-Year High: CDC
- Transplant of Insulin-Producing Cells Offers Hope Against Type 1 Diabetes
- Stivarga Approved for Liver Cancer
- FDA Approves Hep C Drugs for Kids 12 and Older
- CRISPR: Is It Possible to Remove Disease From DNA?
- FDA Approves 1st Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Risk Tests
- Hepatitis Infection May Raise Risk for Parkinson's Disease
- 'Menstrual Cycle in a Dish' Explores Intricacies of Female Body
- Better Efforts Could Help Rid the U.S. of Hepatitis B, C: Report
- Marathon Running May Cause Short-Term Kidney Injury
- More Older Women Hitting the Bottle Hard
- Daily Glass of Beer, Wine Might Do a Heart Good
- TV Ads Help Drive Testosterone Supplement Sales
- New Hepatitis C Drugs Might Eliminate the Disease
- Obesity in Youth Tied to Higher Odds for Liver Cancer in Men
- Spring-Clean Your Medicine Cabinet to Safeguard Your Kids
- Baby Boomers Get an 'F' for Hep C Testing
- Liver Transplant Groundbreaker Dies
- U.S. Vaccine Guidelines for Flu, HPV Updated
- Rates of Early Deaths Rise for Whites, Drop for Blacks
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Over Three Decades
- Even One High-Fat Meal Can Harm Your Liver, Study Finds
- Newer Hepatitis C Drugs May Pose Health Risks: Study
- 'Red Yeast Rice' Statin Alternative Not Harmless Either, Study Says
- Ebola Blood Test May Help Predict Survival Chances
- Many Young Adults With High Cholesterol Not on Statins as Recommended
- Resolve to Reduce Your Cancer Risk This Year
- New Parkinson's Drug May Combat Movement Difficulties
- 'Teen' Finds Minors Can Buy Bodybuilding Supplement at Health Food Stores
- Many Misuse OTC Sleep Aids: Survey
- Where You Live May Determine How You Die
- Alcohol Can Be a Risky Guest at Holiday Parties
- Could White Wine Boost Your Melanoma Risk?
- It's Never Too Late to Stop Smoking
- Fewer in U.S. Smoke, But Smoking's Death Toll Continues
- Too Much Iron Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Smoking Wreaks Genetic Havoc on Lungs, Study Warns
- Colon Cancer's Location May Determine Patient Survival
- Americans Fed Up With Soaring Drug Prices: HealthDay/Harris Poll
- Women Reaching Equality in Dubious Habit: Drinking
- Elective Surgeries on Fridays Are Safe: Study
- Monkey Study Hints at Drug-Free Suppression of HIV
- More Evidence Linking Obesity to Liver Cancer
- Zika Virus Can Damage Fetal Brain Late in Pregnancy: Study
- How Older People Can Head Off Dangerous Drug Interactions
- Obese Kids Have Different Germs in Their Gut
- Codeine Not Safe for Kids, Pediatricians Warn
- Savor Your Coffee -- and a Bright Smile
- Serious Infections Tied to Suicide Risk
- Roll Up Your Sleeves: Red Cross Says Blood Need 'Urgent'
- What's Lurking in Your Beach's Water?
- Global Team Taps Into DNA Behind Type 2 Diabetes
- Just a Little of Statins' Effect Enough to Help Heart: Study
- Teen Obesity May Mean Liver Disease Later
- MS Stem Cell Therapy Succeeds But Poses Risks
- Ocaliva Approved for Rare Liver Disease
- Exercise May Cut Risk of 13 Cancers, Study Suggests
- Aspirin May Help Protect Against Bile Duct Cancer: Study
- Hepatitis C Now Leading Infectious Disease Killer in U.S.
- Cancer History May Affect Survival After Organ Transplant
- Drug Shows Promise Against Rare, Aggressive Skin Cancer
- Generic Hepatitis C Drugs as Effective as Pricey Brand Names: Study
- Head and Neck Cancers May Be Linked to Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis C-Infected Liver Transplants May Work Well for Those With the Virus
- Hepatitis C Therapy May Reduce Need for Liver Transplants
- More People Surviving Sudden Liver Failure
- Doctors Report Groundbreaking HIV-to-HIV Organ Transplants
- First Treatment Approved for Disease Linked to Stem Cell Transplant
- Gene Variant May Explain Higher Rates of Some Cancers in Black People
- Acetaminophen Won't Help Arthritis Pain, Study Finds
- Should You Stop Drinking?
- Report Suggests Zika's Effect on Fetus May Be Even Deadlier Than Thought
- Many Donor Livers for Sickest Patients Rejected, Study Finds
- Hepatitis C Reported at 19 Dialysis Clinics: CDC
- Cystic Fibrosis Drug Seems OK for Preschoolers: Study
- New IBS Drug Eases Stomach Pain and Diarrhea for Some: Study
- Hemophilia: New Treatments for an Old Disease
- Organ Recipients at Raised Risk of Cancer Death, Study Finds
- Chronic Drinking Plus Binge Drinking Spurs Rapid Liver Damage in Mouse Study
- Metformin May Not Help Obese Teens With Type 1 Diabetes
- Pricey Hepatitis C Drugs Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients: Study
- Women Starting to Match Men's Drinking Habits, Study Finds
- Opdivo Approved for Advanced Kidney Cancer
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- Gene Study of Liver Tumor Reveals Versatile DNA
- In Rare Cases, Hepatitis C Drug Tied to Slowed Heart Rate: Study
- Too Much TV Linked to Leading Causes of Death
- Genetic Makeup May Help Explain Methadone Overdoses
- Illnesses, Deaths Spur FDA Warning on Hepatitis C Drugs
- Tough Alcohol Policies Linked to Lower Death Rates From Liver Damage
- Heavy Drinking Linked to Greater Risk for Alcohol-Related Cancers
- Liver Damage From Hepatitis C More Widespread Than Thought
- Promacta Approval Expanded to Kids With Rare Blood Disorder
- Weight Loss Fights Liver Condition, No Matter How It's Done
- Jimmy Carter: Melanoma Has Spread to Brain
- Former President Carter's Cancer: FAQ
- Former President Jimmy Carter Has Cancer
- Bodybuilder Supplement Abuse a Growing Concern
- More Hepatitis C Cases Being Seen in Urban ERs
- Cooling Bodies of Brain-Dead Donors May Boost Kidney Function After Transplant
- Patients Have Many Options When Faced With Gallbladder Disease
- Some People Do Age Faster Than Others
- Summer Danger: BBQ Grill Brush Wires Causing Big Health Woes
- Any Added Sugar Is Bad Sugar, Some Experts Contend
- FDA Advisers Recommend Approval of First of 2 New Cholesterol Drugs
- Potential Liver Recipients May Have New Option
- Organ Donor Rates Vary Widely Across America, Study Finds
- Helpful Bacteria May Help Detect Cancers That Have Spread to Liver
- Health Tip: The Effects of Long-Term Alcohol Abuse
- Avelox Approved for Plague
- Americans' Blood Triglyceride Levels Dropping: CDC
- Experimental Drug Combo Shows Promise Against Hepatitis C
- Are Heart Surgery Patients Losing Too Much Blood to Tests?
- Blood Fats Hold Vitamin E Captive, Study Shows
- Live Liver Transplants Seem Safe, Effective for Sudden Liver Failure
- Cholbam Approved for Rare Metabolic Disorders
- FDA Tightens Rules on Endoscopes Tied to 'Superbug' Outbreaks
- Chinese Researchers Report Successful Hepatitis E Vaccine
- U.K. Approves '3-Parent Babies'
- Hispanics May Develop Alcoholic Liver Disease Earlier
- More Americans Surviving Cancer Today Than 20 Years Ago
- New MRI Test May Help Diagnose Liver Condition in Kids
- More Than 2 Million Years of Life Saved With Organ Transplants, Experts Estimate
- Daily Drinking May Raise Risk of Liver Cirrhosis, Study Warns
- Fewer Patients With Advanced Colon Cancer Getting Surgery, Report Finds
- Ebola, Obamacare Top U.S. Health News for 2014
- Medical Products Used With Preemies in Hospitals May Harm Them, Study Suggests
- Drug Regimen Cures Hepatitis C in Most Liver Transplant Patients in Study
- Report: Fewer U.S. Hospitalizations for Hepatitis A
- Virus Present at Birth Causes More Than 10 Percent of Hearing-Loss Cases in Kids
- Metformin Beats Other Type 2 Diabetes Drugs for First Treatment: Study
- Binge Drinking May Boost Blood Pressure in Young Men
- Pricey Hepatitis Drug a Good Bet in U.S. Prisons, Study Says
- If You Do Gain Weight, Polyunsaturated Fats May Prevent Some Damage
- Esbriet, Ofev Approved to Treat Deadly Lung Disease
- Obesity May Speed Aging of the Liver, Study Suggests
- Even Decaf Coffee May Help the Liver
- Hepatitis C Combo Pill May Cure Those Who Can Afford It
- Stress Might Be Even More Unhealthy for the Obese
- Donated Livers Not Harmed by Travel Distances, Study Finds
- Baby Boomers Need Hepatitis C Test, CDC Study Confirms
- More Drugs Show Promise in Fighting Hepatitis C
- FDA Warns of Rare Skin Reactions to Acetaminophen
- Tylenol-Induced Liver Failure Presents Own Set of Problems: Study
- Complications More Likely With Emergency Gallbladder Surgery: Study
- First Organ Grown From Stem Cells Alone: Report
- Liver Disease May Raise Risk of Heart Problems: Study
- Statins Plus Certain Antibiotics May Set Off Toxic Reaction: Study
- Babies May Benefit From Liver Transplant Advances
- Health Tip: What's Behind Bad Breath?
- HIV No Barrier to Getting Liver Transplant, Study Finds
- Too Much Drinking, Weight May Harm Liver
- Almost Half of Americans Would Consider Donating Kidney to Stranger: Poll
- Scarring May Raise Death Risk From Fatty Liver Disease
- Exercise May Blunt Heavy Drinking's Effect on Brain
- Mini-Organ Would Mimic Pancreas to Treat Type 1 Diabetes
- Doubling Up on Cold, Flu Remedies May Harm Liver
- Hepatitis: The Hidden Hazard
- One Man's Harrowing Battle With Hepatitis C
- Breath Test May Detect Colon Cancer
- Aspirin May Reduce Risk of Liver Cancer, Death From Liver Disease
- Colorful Fruits, Vegetables May Be Key to Cancer-Fighting Diet
- U.S. Task Force: Baby Boomers Should Be Tested for Hepatitis C
- Health Tip: Do You Have a Heart Murmur?
- More New Drugs a Bad Fit With Grapefruit, Study Finds
- New Arthritis Drug Xeljanz Gets FDA Approval
- Good Cholesterol Infusion May Help Unclog Arteries
- Blood or Bone Marrow Better for Stem Cell Transplants?
- Multivitamins Won't Boost Standard HIV Care, Study Finds
- Millions of Healthy Years of Life Lost to Cancer Worldwide
- Diet, Exercise May Boost 'Good' Cholesterol, Study Suggests
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Study: Blood Tests for Inflammation Could Help Prevent Heart Attack, Stroke
- Stivarga Approved for Advanced Colorectal Cancer
- Health Tip: Don't Combine Medication and Alcohol
- Low-Cost, Speedy Liver Test in Development
- Diets High in Fructose May Harm Liver in Some, Scientists Warn
- After Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Are Other Tests Overdone?
- Swallowed Toothpicks Can Lead to Big Trouble, Experts Warn
- 'Excellent' Survival Seen for Liver Transplant From Live Donor
- Some Screens Miss Spread of Breast Cancer: Study
- Hepatitis A Vaccine for Children Lasts for 10 Years: Study
- Hepatitis C Treatment May Hamper Kids' Growth
- Severely Obese Donors Raise Risks for Kids With Liver Transplant
- Smoking Tied to Risk for Hepatitis Return After Liver Transplant
- The Health Benefits, and Risks, of Alcohol
- Vitamin B12 May Boost Hep C Treatment
- Milk Thistle Doesn't Help Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis C Virus Levels Higher in Certain Injection Drug Users
- Doping With Muscle-Building Drugs: FAQ
- FDA Approves New Overactive Bladder Drug
- 'Atkins'-Type Diets May Raise Risk of Heart Problems: Study
- Surgeons Seek Repeal of Transplant Ban Between HIV-Positive People
- Health Tip: Signs That May Indicate Ulcerative Colitis
- FDA Delays Decision on Blood Thinner Eliquis
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Weight Gain in Older Women
- Many Homeless May Harbor Hepatitis C
- Liver Transplantation No Bar to Successful Pregnancy
- Tylenol Overdose Can Be Deadly for a Child
- Many Americans Taking Too Much Acetaminophen
- Hepatitis B Infection Rates in U.S. Higher Than Thought
- Foods to Avoid if You Want to Avoid Gout Attacks
- Patients May Receive Too Much Acetaminophen in Hospital
- Hepatitis C Causing Liver Damage in Greater Numbers: Study
- U.S. Liver Transplants Declining
- Body Building, Diet Supplements Linked to Liver Damage: Study
- Birth Control Pills, HRT Tied to Digestive Ills
- CDC: All Baby Boomers Should Get Tested for Hepatitis C
- It's Not Just What You Eat, It's When You Eat, Mouse Study Finds
- Diabetes Can Take a Toll on Your Emotions
- Experimental Drug Helps Fight Some Childhood Cancers, Study Finds
- Infection Causes 1 in 6 Cancers Worldwide: Study
- Screening for Other Health Problems May Aid COPD Survival
- Votrient Approved to Treat Cancer That Begins in Soft Tissue
- Levaquin Approved to Treat or Prevent Plague
- Two-Drug Therapy Helped Kids With Type 2 Diabetes
- Codeine After Surgery Could Endanger Certain Kids: Study
- Statin Risks Outweighed by Statin Benefits
- Could a Statin Lower Your Risk for Depression?
- Vitamin A May Help Reduce Melanoma Risk
- New Warnings on Cholesterol-Lowering Statins
- Hepatitis C Now Kills More Americans Than HIV
- Is That ‘New Car Smell' Toxic?
- Low Vitamin D in Pregnancy Linked to Language Problems in Children
- Stem Cells May Further Hepatitis C Research
- Live Liver Donation Safer Than Previously Thought
- IV Acetaminophen Linked to More Child Overdoses
- Researchers Spot Potential Bile Duct Cancer Drug Targets
- Statins May Stave Off Liver Cancer in People With Hepatitis B
- Voraxaze Approved to Treat High Levels of Chemo Drug
- Americans Aren't Getting Any Skinnier
- Researchers Identify Liver Cancer Risk Factors
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Recommended for Adults With Diabetes
- Gene Therapy a Boon for 6 Hemophilia Patients
- Microwave Technique Fights Lung Tumors
- Too Much Acetaminophen Over Time May Damage Liver
- Higher Cancer Risk in People With HIV
- Drugs That Control Genes May Treat Lung Cancer
- Cancer Risk Doubles After Organ Transplant, Study Finds
- Panel Recommends Hepatitis B Vaccine for Diabetes Patients
- Can Supplements Increase a Woman's Risk of Dying?
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter