Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
What Not to Eat When Pregnant Pictures: Alcohol, Fish, Fruit Juice, Sushi
Do you know which common foods may be risky during pregnancy? Learn which foods to avoid, while pregnant, such as queso dip,...
Summer Food Safety Quiz: Test Your Food Safety IQ
Test your knowledge of food safety with our Summer Food Safety Quiz! Learn what really causes food poisoning as well as what you...
Uncommon and Common Food-Poisoning Dangers in Pictures
Learn how look for signs and symptoms food poisoning. Discover ways to keep your food safe from dangers including listeria, E....
Related Disease Conditions
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Food poisoning is common, but can also be life threatening. The symptoms for food poisoning are fever, abdominal pain,...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which the person has seizures. There are two kinds of seizures, focal and generalized. There are...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Encephalitis is a brain inflammation that causes sudden fever, vomiting, headache, light sensitivity, stiff neck and back,...
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...
Miscarriage is the medical term for the spontaneous loss of pregnancy from conception to 20 weeks gestation. Risk factors for a...
Second Source article from Government...
Stomach Flu vs. Food Poisoning
The stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis) and food poisoning are not the same infections. However, they do have a few similar...
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
AIDS is the advanced stage of HIV infection. Symptoms and signs of AIDS include pneumonia due to Pneumocystis jiroveci,...
Pregnancy Diet (Menu Plans)
When a woman is pregnant she needs more vitamins, minerals, and other foods in her diet to stay healthy and deliver a healthy...
Listeriosis - Causes
Please discuss your experience with listeriosis, including a possible cause.Post View 8 Comments
Listeriosis - Symptoms
Were you or someone you know diagnosed with listeriosis? What were the signs and symptoms?Post View 6 Comments
Listeriosis - Treatment
What was the treatment for a diagnosed case of listeriosis in you, a friend, or relative?Post
Listeriosis - Recalled Food
Did you ever eat a food that was recalled due to potential Listeria contamination? Please discuss your experience.Post View 14 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Vegetables Recalled in U.S. and Canada Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
- Health Tip: Leading Causes of Food Poisoning
- Kroger Expands Recall of Roasted Macadamia Nuts
- Macadamia Nuts Recalled by Kroger
- Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes, Waffles and French Toast Recalled
- U.S. Health Officials Make Headway Against Salmonella
- Recalls: Edamame, Canned Dog Food
- U.N. Agency Announces Tighter Controls on Chemicals Used to Make Fentanyl
- Marketside Supreme Pizzas Recalled
- Listeria Fears Spur Sara Lee and Sargento Cheese Recalls
- 'Listeria on Rye'? Many U.S. Deli Meat Slicers Cut Corners on Cleanliness
- Health Highlights: Dec. 31, 2015
- Multistate Foodborne Illness Outbreaks the Most Deadly: CDC
- Caramel Apples Can Harbor Listeria, Study Finds
- U.S. Making Headway Against Salmonella, E. coli: CDC
- Company to Destroy 265 Tons of Ice Cream Over Listeria Contamination
- 2nd U.S. Ice Cream Maker Pulls All Products After Listeria Threat
- Ice Cream Maker Pulls All Products After Listeria Outbreak
- Recalls of Ice Cream, Hummus Spur Listeria Warnings
- Steer Clear of Raw Milk, Researchers Warn
- U.S. Officials Pinpoint Common Sources of Foodborne Illnesses
- Your Deli Sandwich May Come With a Side of Listeria, Study Finds
- CDC Warns of Listeria Danger From Caramel Apples
- Lessons Learned From Cantaloupe-Listeria Outbreak
- Health Tip: Foods That May Harbor Listeria
- Listeria Outbreak Prompts Cheese Recall
- Listeria Food Poisoning Hits Elderly, Moms-to-Be Hardest: CDC
- Number of U.S. Foodborne Illness Cases Stalled: CDC
- Health Highlights: April 15, 2013
- What Food Made You Sick?
- FDA Announces New Rules to Strengthen Food Safety
- Dishwashing Won't Kill Tummy-Troubling Norovirus: Study
- Veggie Burgers Recalled Over Listeria Risk
- Trader Joe's Recalls Frozen Chicken and Rice Dish
- Harmful Bacteria Found in Samples of U.S. Pork
- Little Evidence Organic Food Better in Long Run: Report
- Kroger Recalls Spinach in 15 States
- 3 Dead in Listeria Outbreak From Ricotta Cheese
- Lettuce: Buy Bagged or Not?
- Deaths in Salmonella Outbreak Traced to Cantaloupe
- Health Highlights: Aug. 6, 2012
- 8 Tons of Kids' Lunch Wraps Recalled Over Listeria
- Onion Recalls Continue
- Dole Recalls Bagged Salad Because of Listeria Risk
- Nationwide Recall of Bagged Salads Expands
- Hard-Boiled Egg Recall Hits 34 States
- Health Care Reform Battle Tops Health News for 2011
- Health Highlights: Dec. 12, 2011
- Listeria/Cantaloupe Death Toll Sets Record
- Dirty Equipment Likely Led to Listeria Outbreak
- 2 More Deaths in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Listeria Outbreak Now 2nd Largest in U.S. History
- 21 Deaths From Cantaloupe-Linked Listeria Outbreak: CDC
- 18 Deaths, 100 Cases in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Listeria Prompts Romaine Lettuce Recall
- Listeria: Are You at Risk?
- Listeria in Cantaloupes: Deadliest Outbreak in a Decade
- 8 Dead From Listeria-Contaminated Cantaloupes
- Death Toll Rises From Listeria in Cantaloupes
- Second Listeriosis Death From Contaminated Cantaloupes
- CDC Warning: Deadly Listeria in Cantaloupe
- CDC: 1,000 Food-Borne Disease Outbreaks in a Year
- Listeria Forces Recalls of Ready-to-Eat Chicken, Meat
- What Are the Riskiest Food-Bacteria Combos?
- 1 in 6 Americans Gets Food-borne Illness
- Potato Products Recalled for Listeria Risk
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter