Symptoms of cancer of the larynx, the organ at the front of the neck, include hoarseness, a lump in the neck, sore throat, cough, problems breathing, bad breath, earache, and weight loss. Treatment for larynx cancer depends on the stage (the extent) of the disease. Radiation therapy, surgery, and chemotherapy are all forms of treatment for laryngeal cancer. Read more: Larynx Cancer (Throat Cancer) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Related Disease Conditions
Hoarseness (abnormal deep, harsh, raspy voice) is caused by a variety of conditions in which the larynx (voice box and vocal...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
19 Tips on How to Stop a Cough
Coughing is a reflex that helps a person clear their airways of irritants. There are many causes of an excessive or severe...
Cough (Chronic Cough)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Acid backing up into the larynx (voice box) causes reflux laryngitis. Irritation of the lining of the esophagus, larynx, and...
Is Laryngitis Contagious?
Laryngitis is inflammation and swelling of the voice box (larynx). Causes of laryngitis are viral, bacterial, fungal, strenuous...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow, and how abnormal they look under a...
Asbestos exposure lung disease is divided into three main types: asbestosis (lung scarring caused by asbestos...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Smoking During Pregnancy
Smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage or stillbirth, low birth weight or premature birth, and more....
Larynx Cancer - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with larynx cancer.Post View 29 Comments
Larynx Cancer - Symptoms and Signs
What are the symptoms and signs of your larynx cancer?Post View 2 Comments
Larynx Cancer - Treatment
What treatments have you received for your larynx cancer?Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- HPV-Linked Throat Cancer Responds to Reduced Chemo, Radiation: Study
- Anal, Throat Cancers on the Rise Among Young Adults, Study Finds
- HPV-Linked Throat Cancer May Have Telltale First Symptoms
- Head, Throat Cancer Survival May Be Longer if Tumor Caused by HPV: Study
- Researchers Tie Increased Throat Cancer Cases to HPV Infection
- Eating, Swallowing Exercises May Aid Throat Cancer Patients
- HPV May Also Raise Risk of Throat Cancer
- HPV Vaccine Might Shield Women Against Throat Cancer: Study
- Michael Douglas Blames His Throat Cancer on Oral Sex
- Chronic Heartburn May Raise Odds for Throat Cancer: Study
- Black Patients More Apt to Have Voice Box Removed When Cancer Strikes
- Can HPV Vaccine Stop Throat Cancer?
- Michael Douglas: Throat Cancer Survivor
- Michael Douglas and Throat Cancer FAQ
- Exercise Recommended for Cancer Patients
- Oral Sex Cause of Throat Cancer Rise
- HPV Linked to Throat Cancer
- 15 Cancer Symptoms Men Ignore
- Cancer Treatment: Getting the Support You Need
- Cancer Treatment: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Cancer Treatment: Pre-Treatment Eating Tips
- Cancer Pain, A Guide for You and Your Family
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Cancer and Sexual Health
- Cancer Treatment - Managing Eating Problems
- Cancer Survival - Better & Longer Survival Rates
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter