Patient Comments: Kyphosis - Therapy and Prognosis

Describe the physical therapy exercises that have helped for your kyphosis. What is your prognosis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: kristykeller1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

I have the exact opposite. I had an injury where I fell directly on my thoracic area, causing a lack of the kyphotic curve. I can find exercises nowhere online to help correct this issue. I am under the care of a chiropractor recently for this disorder. It is still in the beginning stages, so no relief yet. He has me pressing my hands together against my chest for 10 second intervals in hopes to move the spine backwards back into its natural curve.

Comment from: mystylgrl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I use a cervical traction unit over the door. I use a bone pillow to sleep at night. I do hot yoga and swim for exercise. I stretch my neck constantly, I think to stay straight and stand tall. I get massages, use heat packs, and see a chiropractor weekly. I like to use a hard collar to stretch my neck. I am in constant pain because of the kyphosis, but find relief with therapies. It takes constant work.

Low Back Pain Relief