Patient Comments: Knee Pain - Prognosis

What is your knee pain prognosis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Ivonne, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I was in a car accident a year ago, I believe this is how my knee pain starred. Now my knee pain is so intense I cannot walk right or even sit down without putting my leg on a chair or pillow. I haven't been to a doctor yet because the kid that hit me was not under the insured car. Therefore, it's been a hassle trying to get a lawyer who wants to help the client {me} better yet, a lawyer who is not only going to help me, but also to get justice! I'm sure I will need surgery when I go to the doctor and they see everything in the knee is torn. I know it is, because that's how bad my knee hurts and the swelling is bad.

Comment from: franka53, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I have had severe knee pain in both knees, to the point where I am unable to walk or feel any pain relief at all. I am taking morphine 60 mg 3 times a day, Percocet 10/325 3 times a day and Dilaudid 8 mg and I still have no relief. I had knee injections of Synvisc and this worked in conjunction with Osteo Bi-Flex for 5 years, the first time it was injected. With no relief from pain in sight, and my agitation being quick from pain, I do not know what I can do.

Comment from: Tennis, Male (Patient) Published: March 18

I believe I had my knee pain from playing tennis a few months back. The pain is on my left inner knee. Usually, I ice my left knee to reduce the pain every time I exercise and feel pain. I feel the pain in my knee when the weather gets cold. I've had knee pain for more than 1 month now. I am planning to see a specialist to see if I need to have surgery.

Comment from: jojo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I have pain back of my knee and all of sudden my knee shut off. I can't move it, even touch the floor. I am off the work because I can't use stairs going down, nor sit too long, stand too long, and when getting up in the bus and to step out of it, I am like 75 years old. I am awaiting my MRI to find out.

Comment from: Denise, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 30

I was told I have a little osteoarthritis in my knees. However, I was laid up for 3 days with serious pain in my left knee. I have an active job and go up and down a lot of stairs.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

I have been having serious pain in both of my knees for the last 2 weeks or so and it happens when I go to sit or get up. It's the worst when I am bending down to pick something up and when I exercise. I am going to get a hold of my doctor and hopefully it is not arthritis. I am only 30 and I am too young for that.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter