Patient Comments: Meniscus Tear - Symptoms

Describe what happened and how it felt when you had a meniscus tear. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sally, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

At first, my knee was tight when I tried to bend it, and then as I was walking, I kept feeling a popping sensation. After a few large pops, I felt pain all over my knee, and each day it got harder to walk. The more I did, the more pain I felt. Turning was so painful that I felt like I would fall down because I could not put any weight on my leg.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

About eight years ago, I slipped and fell on smooth tiles indoors. Nothing outward warranted a visit to the doctor. For the last 3-4 years, my knees have been stiffening and the pain has progressively increased to cause loss of sleep. An MRI shows meniscus tears, cartilage tears, osteoarthritis, edema, fluid collection, ligament tears, outgrowths of bone, and perhaps one of the latter broken off and floating around as a loose. Walking is painful enough to drag the leg.

Take the Pain Quiz