Patient Comments: Kidney Pain - Causes

What was the disease or condition that caused your kidney pain? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Cabnweb, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I have passed 163 kidney stones from hyperparathyroidism. I had tumor on parathyroid that caused too much calcium.

Comment from: NameFrancisca, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

Toxicity from gadolinium, the dye they use in MRI to check mostly for tumors caused my kidney pain. Your body retains it in your blood and for longer periods in your joints. After exposure to it you can feel pain and other symptoms for months and years after exposure. Litigation is on for this.

Comment from: Pl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

I had stage 4 ovarian cancer. They gave me chemotherapy for 18 weeks. I believe it did something to my kidneys and caused kidney pain.

Comment from: James, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 22

I had prostate removed about 3 1/2 months ago and have gradually been having a bit more difficulty urinating. I have to force urine out once it stops flowing and my stream has reduced its flow the last couple weeks. Seems to be about the same the last three weeks; certainly not a good flow. Now I have a slight pain on the right side of my back to the right of my spine about 1/3 of way up my back.

Comment from: Rhondaalcazar , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

I have been drinking heavily and am still going through detox. Perhaps that could be a reason for my kidney pain. My body is going through it right now and I have been walking a lot taking transit.

Comment from: Percivel , 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I am a chronic patient of kidney pain. They change tablets now and then but even at first my right side kidney was painful. Then it stopped but started again, and now it causes back pain. I get thirsty often and get hungry so quickly.

Comment from: Deb62, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have a pain on my left side in my back. It is high up in my back just around my waist area just under my ribs on my left side. I am on fluid tablets due to an illness I had in September that I was in hospital for a week, because I had gained about 10 kilos of fluid around my heart and lungs. The doctors started me on fluid tablets to help with the fluid and I am on a 1.5 liter restriction. Now the pain in my kidney area started this morning. I can't bend to pick anything up, the pain is so bad it brings me to tears. Even when I sit down the pain is there, sometime the pain grabs me that bad it makes me yell out. But I am wondering if it is my kidney and if it is, if the 2 different types of fluid tablets caused it, or if it could be fluid on my lungs again. I was put back into hospital about 2 weeks ago due to fluid on my right lung, and this was caused from the first time I went into hospital. The pain I have now feels like the one I had before but this time it's not at the front and under my ribs, it is in my back but high up and it is starting to go around to the front just under my ribs on the left side, so it could be my kidneys or lungs.

Comment from: Susan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I went for an ultrasound today and the technician, asked me to take a deep breath in and hold it. She did this a lot (right kidney) and then asked me to lie on my left side and did the same, take a breath in and hold it. She said that I don't have kidney stones or a cyst nor do I have gallstones, but there was something and she told me to wait for the report and told me not to worry about it.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter