Patient Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

Please describe your kidney infection symptoms.

Comment from: ElyBUK, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I had ignored some flu-like symptoms (on and off fever with chills) for days and also did not take any notice of an achy back and bladder area. When I was sent home sick by the office, I decided to pop in to my local general practitioner's surgery and they told me to get to the hospital as soon as possible. It was there that my kidney infection was confirmed. Imagine if I had just continued to ignore it all and just attempted to sleep it off! I'd have probably ended up staying in the hospital for a week!

Comment from: Mark, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 27

I been having lower back pain on the right side for a while. I am being treated for a bulging disc and arthritis but the pain has been getting worse. I was taken to the emergency room after being dizzy and continuous diarrhea. At the hospital I started vomiting. My white cell count was high but no fever, no infection in my blood and no urinary tract infection. I am taking prednisone and other medicines that apparently make my immune system weak. The doctor feels that's what caused my kidney infection.

Comment from: jordan, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

Back pain, chills, fever, tingling and numbness in legs, and arms and feet turning blue are my kidney infection symptoms.

Comment from: NSA, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 10

My kidney infection symptoms are abdominal pain, vomiting, fever, and nausea.

Comment from: Ardithann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been having spasms on the lower right side. I have had medicines for bladder and kidney infection. My urine is a heavy yellow though I drink lots of water, tea and juice. I had a cold since February 20, 2015. It goes away for a couple of days and back again. I just can't shake it. Just in the last couple of days my legs have been hurting and I am tried. I am not sleeping well. I know that it is all connected; I see my doctor on May 8th.

Comment from: Tallia, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 18

My kidney infection is not getting better, I have awful pain at the top of my hip and down my side.

Comment from: pinki300183, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I have a kidney infection with possible stones. I don't have a fever but I have pain under my chest that goes into side and groin area. I struggled to breathe at one point as the pain is so severe. I went to doctors and had no blood in urine but had protein and white blood cells. I feel like I have the flu, I ache all over and have nausea. I am currently taking trimethoprim to help.

Kidney Infection - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - Causes Question: What was the cause of your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - In Children Question: What risk factors for kidney infection did your child have?