Patient Comments: Keloid - Body Location

If you had a keloid, where on your body was it located? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: fred, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 03

I have keloid under my foot. It was removed through operation, and skin grafting to cover it up (it was very large) in 2012. But it's growing back again.

Comment from: HenriettaN, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I have keloid on my chest. I have done 6 sessions of steroid injection which weren't that bad because of the location. The pain is manageable. My scar is now flat and not itching anymore. I now use the silicon sheet called Medical (over the counter at Walmart) on the keloid 24 hours a day, hopefully to make the scar looks less noticeable. I guess you have to be patient about it. I also have another keloid on my navel dues to a colonoscopy. This one is very ugly and painful at time. I have tried some injections in the past, but I stopped and it is kind of growing again. I have been using the silicon sheet and it helped somewhat. I still think injection with steroid is the fastest way to flatten these scars.

Comment from: lovely me, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I have keloid and it is on my chest. I have had it now for 12 years and every year it gets bigger, and it itches at times.

Comment from: johnson, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I had knee replacement, and the keloid is inside the left side of the knee. I had some scar tissue removed but the knee still buckles, and gets hot.

Comment from: worried patient, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I have a big scar (keloid) on my ear lobe. I met with my doctor and he administered cortisone injection to it about 4 months back. Now he wants to adopt the surgical method, and I am scared of the surgical method because of its disadvantages. I don't know if it will be safe to use the method without the keloid reoccurring again, I am really scared.

Comment from: adi, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 25

I have keloids on my knee and on my chest.

Comment from: Speleo, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 17

Keloids can also occur in the bowel after removal of polyps, where they are monitored.

Comment from: Indpendnt27, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have keloids on the back of my right and left shoulder.

Comment from: nickeltherapy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

This July I had a full 360 lower body lift after losing nearly 160 pounds following a Lap Band surgery 3 years ago. As the 360 sounds, they do cut you all the way around to remove the excess skin and fat (27 pounds in my case), and pull up the lower muscles, while pulling down the upper making a nice flat tummy. About a week afterwards, I developed a small wound dehiscence that gradually grew to be 8 x 3 cm - my incision opened right along my buttock incision! Now, I have a terrible keloid that we are attempting to heal with injecting corticosteroids, but it is painful, itches, and cracks all the time. I cannot wear any of the new jeans, pants that I bought (went from a size 28 to size 10), and feel very depressed.

Comment from: Ktlvsjer07, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have keloids all over my face, my back and a big one on each earlobe. I have had surgery on them both 3 times, they grew back a month later. I just wish I had regular ears. I am still kind of young and I have been like this since I was 8 years old. I am wondering are these keloids going to keep growing all over my face. One more thing is the keloids on my ears are cracking and splitting open. I am not doing anything but they are growing bigger when they do that. I don't know what to do anymore with these keloids, I have tried everything.

Comment from: BATUEL, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 15

I have keloids on my chest and are itching too bad, but I haven't taken any medication or injection.

Comment from: ANN, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I have keloid on the shoulders and causes me to itch sometimes and I have burning feeling.

Comment from: LvGreen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I have keloids on both the shoulders, center of the breast, and below the navel.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I do have a keloid that developed on the back of my ear one year after the piercing. I went through a minor surgery 12.13.2012. Now it has grown back again and it itches a lot.

Comment from: RAMANA, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 06

I have a keloids in the chest, around 10 or 12.

Comment from: vivekragate009, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I have keloid in my chest but it looks so bad.

Comment from: Samm, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have a keloid under my right arm, just below the arm pit.

Comment from: Dot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

Every operation I have had, I developed a keloid – even sinus surgery, with an entrance above my eye under the eyebrow about ½-inch long. After the surgery, the skin started drawing and pulling toward the corner of my eye and down my nose. After three more surgeries and numerous injections of steroids, it finally healed, leaving me with a long scar – but luckily, not red. That was 12 years ago, and I am expecting to have surgery on the other side of my sinuses soon. My new doctor has been made aware of my skin problems. Wish me luck.

Comment from: allstr158, Male (Patient) Published: April 26

I have severe keloids on my jawline, chest, and beneath my earlobes.

Comment from: crxken, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I had very bad acne as a teenager and still am dealing with it off and on. I had acne on my chest and those seemed to spread and grow into the current big red keloids on my chest today. All I remember about them is that they were really itchy. After that, they developed into keloids, and they are still there. I've had them since I was 18, and I'm really considering having some corticosteroids injected. My friend had that done and it subsided, but not by much.

Comment from: Oklahomagirl, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I have a keloid on the back of my ear. I have just started noticing it over the past couple months but I have had my ears pierced for years, so I don't know what is causing it to happen.

Comment from: Sexci1982, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I had impetigo as a child. I got a staph infection and had to undergo two skin grafts. I ended up with keloids starting at my toes all the way up both my thighs. I want to get cosmetic surgery to remove them, but they are very large.

Comment from: natalia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I had an operation and had a bikini C-section. Now the scar is growing, and it really itches. My worry is what it going on inside.

Comment from: triplea512, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I have keloids on my chest, back, and shoulders.

Comment from: Ahmed, 25-34 Male Published: June 13

I have a keloid on my chest.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter