Ask the experts
What diseases have features that are similar to Kawasaki disease?
Diseases with features that are similar to Kawasaki disease include:
- Viral infections such as rubeola, roseola, rubella, adenovirus, and others
- Bacterial infections such as streptococcal scarlet fever, staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome, toxic shock syndrome, and mycoplasma infection
- Lyme disease
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Drug reactions (allergy) and
- Mercury poisoning.
Determining the proper diagnosis requires a complete history and physical examination with the aid of laboratory tests.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors