Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six types of JIA. Treatment of juvenile arthritis depends upon the type the child has and should focus on treating the symptoms that manifest. Read more: Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Related Disease Conditions
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Psoriatic arthritis is a disease that causes skin and joint inflammation. Symptoms include painful, stiff, and swollen joints,...
Reactive arthritis is a chronic, systemic rheumatic disease characterized by three conditions, including conjunctivitis, joint...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
Still's disease (systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) is a disorder characterized by inflammation with high fever...
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Intestinal Problems of IBD)
The inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC). The intestinal complications of...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Growth Plate Fractures and Injuries
Growth plate fractures and injuries occur in the area growing tissue near the end of the long bones of children and teens. Both...
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Iritis is inflammation of the iris, the colored portion of the eye. Symptoms include a red, painful eye, blurry vision, and light...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
15 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
Is Pleurisy Contagious?
Pleurisy or pleuritis is an inflammation of the lining around the lungs. Some of the causes of pleurisy include TB, the flu,...
Enthesitis and Enthesopathy
The area where ligament or tendon inserts to bone is called the enthesis. Inflammation of the enthesis is called enthesitis. An...
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatic diseases and conditions. Rheumatologists are internal medicine physicians who treat these...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis/Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis - Symptoms and Signs
What were the symptoms and signs associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis/juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in you or your child?Post View 6 Comments
Juvenile Arthritis - Treatments
What was the treatment for your juvenile idiopathic arthritis/juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?Post View 2 Comments
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis/Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis - Type
What type of arthritis does your child have? Please share your experience.Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Pediatric Rheumatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Joint Pain
- Knee Pain
- Swollen Lymph Nodes (Lymphadenopathy)
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Vision Loss
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Joint Deformity
- Joint Warmth
Medications & Supplements
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- sulfasalazine, Azulfidine
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- gold sodium thiomalate; aurothiomalate, Myochrysine
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- methotrexate, Rheumatrex, Trexall
- auranofin, Ridaura
- tolmetin, Tolectin (Discontinued Brand)
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
- celecoxib (Celebrex)
- etanercept, Enbrel
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- infliximab, Remicade
- meloxicam (Mobic) Side Effects
- anakinra, Kineret
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- hydrocortisone injection (Solu-Cortef, A-Hydrocort)
- abatacept, Orencia
- Tofacitinib citrate (Xeljanz)
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Biologics (Biologic Drug Class)
- Remicade vs. Humira
- Predinsone Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Ibuprofen vs. Meloxicam (Mobic) for Pain
- Ibuprofen (Advil) vs. Naproxen (Aleve): Comparison of Differences
- Aleve (naproxen) vs. Celebrex (celecoxib)
Prevention & Wellness
- Amjevita OK'd to Treat Inflammatory Diseases
- FDA Approves New Biological Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Gene Test Might Quickly ID Baby's Infection
- New Treatments Helping Kids With Juvenile Arthritis
- Could Antibiotics Raise a Child's Risk for Juvenile Arthritis?
- Antibiotics and Kids' Risk for Juvenile Arthritis
- Childhood Arthritis: Aggressive Treatment Better?
- Common Childhood Vaccine Won't Worsen Juvenile Arthritis: Study
- Health Tip: Signs That Your Child May Have Juvenile Arthritis
- Drugs Hold Promise for Severe Juvenile Arthritis Patients
- Disability From Juvenile Arthritis Hurts Adult Job Prospects
- For Juvenile Arthritis, Pill May Work as Well as Needle
- Yoga May Improve Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Arthritis in Children Linked to Infections
- Higher Cancer Rate Seen in Children With Juvenile Arthritis
- Health Tip: Coping With Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drugs Can Ease Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Arthritis Newsletter