Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six types of JIA. Treatment of juvenile arthritis depends upon the type the child has and should focus on treating the symptoms that manifest. Read more: Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Related Disease Conditions
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
15 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
Psoriatic arthritis is a disease that causes skin and joint inflammation. Symptoms include painful, stiff, and swollen joints,...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Still's disease (systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) is a disorder characterized by inflammation with high fever...
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Intestinal Problems of IBD)
The inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC). The intestinal complications of...
Reactive arthritis is a chronic, systemic rheumatic disease characterized by three conditions, including conjunctivitis, joint...
Growth Plate Fractures and Injuries
Growth plate fractures and injuries occur in the area growing tissue near the end of the long bones of children and teens. Both...
Iritis is inflammation of the iris, the colored portion of the eye. Symptoms include a red, painful eye, blurry vision, and light...
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Enthesitis and Enthesopathy
The area where ligament or tendon inserts to bone is called the enthesis. Inflammation of the enthesis is called enthesitis. An...
Is Pleurisy Contagious?
Pleurisy or pleuritis is an inflammation of the lining around the lungs. Some of the causes of pleurisy include TB, the flu,...
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatic diseases and conditions. Rheumatologists are internal medicine physicians who treat these...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis/Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis - Symptoms and Signs
What were the symptoms and signs associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis/juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in you or your child?Post View 3 Comments
Juvenile Arthritis - Treatments
What was the treatment for your juvenile idiopathic arthritis/juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?Post View 1 Comment
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis/Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis - Type
What type of arthritis does your child have? Please share your experience.Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Pediatric Rheumatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Joint Pain
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Swollen Lymph Nodes (Lymphadenopathy)
- Vision Loss
- Knee Pain
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Joint Warmth
- Joint Deformity
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- meloxicam, Mobic
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- celecoxib, Celebrex
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- infliximab, Remicade
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Biologics (Biologic Drug Class)
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- etanercept, Enbrel
- methotrexate, Rheumatrex, Trexall
- hydrocortisone injection (Solu-Cortef, A-Hydrocort)
- Remicade vs. Humira
- sulfasalazine, Azulfidine
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- Tofacitinib citrate (Xeljanz)
- anakinra, Kineret
- Predinsone Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- gold sodium thiomalate; aurothiomalate, Myochrysine
- abatacept, Orencia
- tolmetin, Tolectin (Discontinued Brand)
- auranofin, Ridaura
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
Prevention & Wellness
- Amjevita OK'd to Treat Inflammatory Diseases
- FDA Approves New Biological Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Gene Test Might Quickly ID Baby's Infection
- New Treatments Helping Kids With Juvenile Arthritis
- Could Antibiotics Raise a Child's Risk for Juvenile Arthritis?
- Antibiotics and Kids' Risk for Juvenile Arthritis
- Childhood Arthritis: Aggressive Treatment Better?
- Common Childhood Vaccine Won't Worsen Juvenile Arthritis: Study
- Health Tip: Signs That Your Child May Have Juvenile Arthritis
- Drugs Hold Promise for Severe Juvenile Arthritis Patients
- Disability From Juvenile Arthritis Hurts Adult Job Prospects
- For Juvenile Arthritis, Pill May Work as Well as Needle
- Yoga May Improve Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Arthritis in Children Linked to Infections
- Higher Cancer Rate Seen in Children With Juvenile Arthritis
- Health Tip: Coping With Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drugs Can Ease Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Arthritis Newsletter