Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Experience

Please describe your experience with jock itch. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: wino1943, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

I found an effective treatment for jock itch on the cheap. I found most items cheap at Family Dollar store. T Plus shampoo (has coal tar extract). It really works on any skin irritation and fungus. Leave on 10 minutes. Take 1 oz bottle of fragrance body spray, USD 1.00. Dump it out, rinse and replace with 1/4 apple cider vinegar and remainder with any cheap eye wash solution instead of water. It is sterile and has soothing and anti-inflammatory ingredients to soften the burn from the vinegar. Spray groin well and leave on 5 minutes. Wipe with paper towels so you do not spread the fungus. Another is Family Dollar anti-fungal spray; same as Tinactin at half the price. Shake can well first! Cover everything. Use twice daily. It cleared up in 5 days.

Comment from: Feeling better, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I tried Lotrimin for jock itch and it hurt badly, especially the spray. I found almost instant relief by using triamcinolone cream, used mostly for psoriasis. It is prescription so you will have to see a dermatologist. It's been four days, it has improved 80 percent and I have no pain.

Comment from: male1970, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I had a case of really bad jock itch. What I did to cure it was cleaning the infected area with a baby wipe, then on another wipe I squeezed the water out, and poured a little bit of rubbing alcohol into the wipe and then used that to clean the affected area again. I did this twice a day, and within a few days the itch was gone and it began to heal.

Comment from: exsurfmom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I live and work in the desert. Monsoon season starts late July-mid August. Three weeks ago, I had the worst itch ever. I thought I had crabs, but my boyfriend lives out of state. I thought my new aloe toilet paper was the cause. I don't think so, it is still itchy. I have had this itchy rash on my ankle for weeks, I put two and two together and I think it is athlete's foot/jock itch. I will try some of these remedies and let you know. Itch to me is almost the worst feeling in the world. No escape from the itch!

Comment from: ItchGoAway, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 03

I've suffered with jock itch for 1/2 a year now. I tried all the creams, nothing worked. Then I tried a random application of Listerine, apple cider vinegar, or rubbing alcohol. Finally it took a 2 week supply of fluconazole. This has helped lessen the severity but not remove it entirely. I suffer from eczema and other skin issues so I figure that's part of the resilience of my jock itch. I'm looking next to try tea tree oil. I've also started taking smelly garlic supplements.

Comment from: Deerslayer, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

I've looked at several different jock itch medicines and they all state that the product kills most causes of jock itch. They are cleared! If it doesn't work for you it's one that the ointment won't kill.

Comment from: don, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

I read somewhere that baking soda kills fungus, a teaspoon 3 times a day mixed in a glass of water. I'm guessing a yeast infection as well as thrush is causing the jock itch, something is seriously going on down there.

Comment from: Misterclean, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

Jock itch is the worst itch ever, you just want to die.

Comment from: Tomasz, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I am currently dealing with the effects of jock itch. It is awful. I've tried hydrocortisone cream, but it doesn't help much. I suppose seeking the help of a medical professional is the best course of action, but it is rather embarrassing.

Comment from: Anonymous, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 02

Jock itch is curable as far as I know but usually it is caused by not bathing, changing panties. My jock itch started a few months back and I thought it was an STD, but that's when I saw an article in a men's health magazine and I went to the pharmacy but I couldn't get the treatment because I was shy. Then I had to throw away all my underwear and I bought new ones and suddenly it stopped. But jock itch is unbearable and I hate it.

Comment from: Cured, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I have tried it all for the rash in my groin area; prescription medications, over the counter stuff, even Vicks ointment. The only product that cured my jock itch was Gold Bond extra strength powder. I use it faithfully every day the same way I would have used talcum powder.

View the Impotence Slideshow Pictures
Comment from: Jazzmanjim, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I have had jock itch for over a year. Nothing works. I have tried vinegar, hydrocortisone with ketoconazole, Lamisil, change of underwear material, and many other treatments. I still itch and bleed.

Comment from: rgr millenia, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I have switched soaps that I shower with and have chosen Caress, which has lanolin. It has relieved the jock itch.

Comment from: jt, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

It itches most days, could be any time day or night. If I rub the end for a while and it goes off.

View the Impotence Slideshow Pictures