Patient Comments: Jet Lag - Direction of Travel

Do you notice a difference in jet lag symptoms depending on the direction in which you travel? If so, explain. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Nana, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 19

I did not experience jet lag going from West to East [U.S.A. to Europe]; however when I returned from Europe to America [East to West] I experienced confusion, tiredness, lack of appetite and over all feeling out of sorts. This was consistent with my experiences years ago when I would travel from Alaska to Maryland and return. Again, West to East: no jet lag; return East-West, I had jet lag.

Comment from: jazz13, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I went from Minnesota to Arizona and just experienced insomnia and constipation and was really sleepy during the day. I was gone for a week. The same day I flew home and I had mild insomnia, nervousness, and shaking hands.

Causes of Fatigue Slideshow Pictures