Patient Comments: Jet Lag - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with jet lag? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Brittany, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I returned to Canada yesterday from a three week trip to Germany and am already on regular sleeping hours. I feel rested, but my eyelids are heavy and I feel just a bit dizzy. I'd almost describe it as, the Earth feels like it's moving at a different speed under my feet than I'm used to. By about 7 pm (4 am Germany time), I am still awake and alert, but I physically can't hold my eyes open. My stomach also feels a bit bubbly after a meal.

Comment from: alexandra, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I just returned to Australia from Los Angeles (USA) and I have diarrhea, loss of appetite and had a headache that afternoon of return. I wonder how long this jet lag lasts.

Comment from: sarah, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: June 07

Traveled to Bora Bora in the French Polynesia from Chicago. The day I returned home (to Chicago) I had a headache, went to bed @ midnight, and didn't wake up until 2:45pm! Most likely because at 2:45 in Chicago, it's just 9:45am in the FP. My symptoms include mild sleepiness and loss of appetite. I didn't experience any jet lag at all when I arrived in the FP, so it must be losing so much time. Didn't take any meds for a headache or sleeping pills, just a LOT of water intake. Best of luck to anyone who also has jet lag!!

Comment from: CBroock, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I travel to New Zealand frequently and have found that I am most affected by jetlag the next day. My symptoms include fatigue, nausea and stomach upset and just feeling out of sorts overall. I find if I drink lots of water and sports drinks, and go to bed at a reasonable hour, it helps ease those symptoms and I am usually fine for the duration of my trip.

Comment from: colton, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

Due to this jet lag syndrome I was so drowsy and sleepy. But I wanted to be active for my meeting. So immediately I consulted with my doctor and he suggested me to take Waklert 150 mg dosage to get rid of sleepiness. So I tried it and I got good result. I would suggest you take this medicine when you have jet lag.

Comment from: rangelak, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

In my 72 years I experienced yesterday seven hours jet lag traveling east. But, it pushes me backward instead forward. I woke up this morning at 4 a.m.

Comment from: SP, 35-44 Female Published: June 17

With my jetlag, I had a severe headache and confusion. When I returned home, I was repeatedly asking what day it was. I stayed up all night and slept all day. It was difficult. I flew to Cairns, Brisbane and Sydney, Australia from BWI (Baltimore-Washington International).

Comment from: Diane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

My husband and I went to Canadian Rockies for 5 days and returned 2 days ago. I went back to work the same night we came home. Now I am so sleepy and dizzy, and can't think. What are the solutions to jet lag?

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter