The Jenny Craig weight loss program began in 1983 in Australia. There are three levels in the diet plan, which teach people to eat in small, frequent portions, increase energy levels with activity, and build balance into their lives to maintain weight loss. Read more: Jenny Craig Article
Related Disease Conditions
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- U.S. News & World Report Again Ranks the DASH Diet as the Best Overall Diet
- 'Mindfulness'-Based Approach Could Help You Stay Slim
- 3 Popular Diet Plans May Help Ease Type 2 Diabetes, Too
- DASH Diet Ranks Best for Sixth Time
- Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig Beat Other Commercial Diet Plans, Study Finds
- DASH Diet Is Tops Again, Fifth Year in a Row
- No Clear Winner Among Popular Diets, Analysis Finds
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- Once Again
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- See What's Second
- Which Diet Plans Are Most Popular? Dieters Choose
- NYC 'Soda Ban' Decision Expected Thursday
- Want to Lose Weight? Skip Trendy Diets
- Report Looks at Best Diets, Easiest to Follow
- Bottom Line: Overeating Boosts Fat, Whatever the Protein Level
- Federal Agencies Act to Remove hCG Weight Loss Products
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter