Patient Comments: Jaundice in Adults - Experience

Please share your experience of jaundice as an adult. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: mashkoor, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 18

In late 2015 I felt fatigue and vomiting and got admitted in hospital. After a lot of tests jaundice was found, and then treatment started, but my bilirubin level remained above normal range, about 2, and remains as such till date. I am feeling fatigue, laziness and sleepiness. I take a lot of medicines and follow the advice to reduce my food and stop oily foods, but still I am in such state.

Comment from: rajsharma, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

In the beginning I noticed that I have lost almost 6 kg weight in less than 20 days without such efforts. I did not take it seriously and in the next 10 more days my weight reduced by 10 kg more. From 82 kg to 66 kg now. I was suggested to go for blood test by the doctor. It was found to be jaundice. Direct/conjugated bilirubin was 1.0 mg/dL and total bilirubin was 2.3 mg/dL. Now I am on medication. I am asked to avoid heavy meals, fried and spicy meals. I was asked to drink lot of water, sugarcane and other fruit juices.

Comment from: Mia, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I have jaundice too! I am struggling with it since December, so that's five months. It was really bad! My face was all orange. I am 70 percent on raw foods, it's getting better and yes, I do believe in treating it naturally.

Comment from: Lopez, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I"m very confused with this disease. I've being going to hospitals and no doctor can tell me what is making my bilirubin go so high. I'm at the point where I've given up on what's happening to me. I have been in three different hospitals, and they had put plasma, blood, and given me a lot of medications but no diagnosis or explanation. One of the things that I'm concerned about is that I have been getting this stomach pain, very painful when I'm going to the bathroom. This is very scary because my stool smells very bad and my eyes are orange, not yellow, my urine is worst. I cry a lot, I don"t believe in hospitals anymore and I don"t know what to do anymore.

Comment from: Jaesha, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 25

I'm 24. I had been to my sister's place, and when I came back, I noticed loss of appetite, contraction in stomach, itching and yellow eyes. After blood report, I got to know that I'm having jaundice. Doctors told me to get admitted and have drips but I went for Ayurvedic medicine and within a week I noticed tremendous improvement. I had a no oil diet and a full sugar diet.

Comment from: Alex, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

After eating some food from a facility I started falling and right before I shut my eye I noticed my body turning yellow.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter