Patient Comments: Birth Control - IUD Complications

Did you experience any complications with your IUD? Please describe them. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: May, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I give birth to my two boys with a Caesarian operation. My youngest is just 5 months old now. With the eldest, he is turning 3 years old. This is regarding my smelly vaginal discharge. I am wondering if I can relate it to the IUD (intrauterine device) that was being inserted right after the Caesarian operation in giving birth to my youngest one. It looks like a pus from a wound and it has an awful smell in it.

Comment from: Anne, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

I had an IUD (intrauterine device). When it was inserted I had pain for several days. During that time (about 6 months), I had more menstrual cramping and flow than normal, and I had a lot of pain during sexual intercourse. I was fearful that it would hurt when it was removed. But my husband went with me and it didn't hurt to have it removed.

Comment from: krissy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have been on an intra-uterine device (IUD) now for 4 months and it's been great! With the exception that I have been bloating the last week and half and it hasn"t gone down. I also have spotted here and there but that is normal apparently. The only thing worrying me right now is the smelly discharge. I have never experienced this before and I am a little worried I am that 1 in 1000 people who have pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). I hope not... I am going to see my obstetrician/gynecologist this week.

Comment from: CHRIS, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 07

I haven't got menstruation for 5 months after putting IUD in me.

View Birth Control Slideshow Pictures