Patient Comments: Itching - Associated Symptoms

In addition to itching, what other signs or symptoms did you experience? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: none, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

In addition to itching I also have a little bit of burning.

Comment from: Patti, Female (Patient) Published: November 02

The itching started out on my stomach, it is tiny red bumps that I scratch till bleed. The rash has spread to under and on the outer sides of my breasts. My skin feels prickly, like the nerves are on top of my skin. Now within the last 3 days it has spread to my back, between my shoulder blades and just above my buttocks. It is also extremely itchy. I've used cool damp washcloths, Sarna anti-itch lotion, Curel anti-itch lotion, Benadryl, and lukewarm showers for some relief. Nothing is effective. I went to an Urgent Care and the doctor told me it was contact dermatitis, but never looked at the rash. He gave me a prescription cream that worked for a few days. Most of the bumps went away, but not for long. Now, they are back and worse than before! I've changed soaps, detergents, wearing looser clothing all to no avail. I'm at my wits end with this.

Comment from: Full time mom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

Last couple weeks I have noticed I have increased itching in random areas of body, around my ankles, hands, palms, back, waist, and on top of hands. I don't have hives or irritation or any flaring of skin but I scratch just enough where I leave scratch marks on my skin. It feels like something is crawling underneath skin. I try to rub but occasionally it is not enough that I end up scratching. This to me is not something normal.

Comment from: Joyce, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had cataract surgery in November 26, 2013 in the left eye and I have had continuous itching problems with it since. My doctor keeps telling me it's the membrane and he will perform laser surgery in April to correct this problem. Recently I have black spots floating around, very annoying and now there is an infection. My right eye was done in January 26, 2014 and is perfect. I keep saying it"s a defective lens but he keeps telling me no. Also the eye is always very dry.

Comment from: Caramia25, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I have been taking simvastatin for some time now, and have been noticing side effects from this drug, mostly, itching of my skin on the front of my hands, the palms, on my arms, legs, feet, the tops, bottoms and sides of my feet. I am constantly scratching and breaking the skin, which is causing me to get sores on my hands, body, arms, and the tops of my feet! I was prescribed this drug before by another doctor, and now my new doctor, who was informed of this problem, put me right back on statin drugs!

Comment from: pinogilr87, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 08

I was so sick of itchy skin that I would try anything, but I now use the Aloe and Jojoba Therapy from Made from Earth. It has calmed my itchy skin, it has a nice smell not over powering.

Comment from: r77mm, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I started with itching on forearms and hips, and then it spread to scalp, back, hips and legs. I also had blood work which came back ANA positive. I am going to a rheumatologist to see what may be going on. So tired of itching!

Comment from: Roy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

Apart from itching mites make a bump like a mosquito bite. It was confirmed as bug bites by 2 dermatologists but they could not tell me what I have. I am a 71 year old construction worker and caught them in a motel. If you see one, it looks like a grain of salt and just as hard. My wife gets bitten now and then. But they stay on me. Our house and cars have them. I have seen them and carried specimens. They say it's not insect, it's lint. No one knows what it is.

Comment from: Kat49kan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

My itching started on my scalp. Then started on stomach; legs and arms. I took blood test which showed ANA was positive. Positive for what? Now heading to a rheumatologist for her to determine what's going on. It has been 6 months now and I am miserable.

Comment from: Itch-less - kloof, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have itchy night legs always and sometimes cramping night feet. I take a dissolved magnesium tablet to ease the cramps, and have noticed that the itchiness was considerably eased when taken. I then started taking two 565mg magnesium tablets every evening to see what effect they might have. That was a week ago, and so far I haven't had itchy legs waking me up once! Seems to work for me, so I certainly will continue.

View the Eczema Slideshow Pictures
Comment from: tmc1128, Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I was diagonosed with hypothyroidism. I am on medication and the test showed it is now normal. However, itchy all over and it is so annoying. It is like my nerve endings are doing there own thing and it is driving me nuts. Any help out there for this?

Comment from: sabrina28, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I had what appeared to be mosquito bites on my ankles,after a day or so one turned into a blister and my skin itched like crazy. Doctor said he was not sure what it was.

Comment from: nischal, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I usually have itching on my forehead and in my eyebrows. I want to know whether this is chronic or acute, and if it can be cured.

Comment from: edi, 19-24 Male Published: May 03

I feel like something is moving through my bloodstream, and it itches.

Comment from: fairy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I feel something crawling on my skin, in my hands, in my neck, back, and legs. I already took Benadryl, but the medication just made me sleepy and drowsy and the itchiness is still there. I am not sure what to do to ease my itchiness.

View the Eczema Slideshow Pictures