Ebola hemorrhagic fever is a highly contagious disease that is transmitted through direct contact. Ebola's incubation period ranges from two to 21 days, and it's considered contagious for a period of 21 days after successful treatment/hospitalization. Ebola symptoms and signs include headache, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, and hemorrhaging. Read more: Is the Ebola Virus Contagious? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
IMAGESSee pictures of viral skin infections See Images
Related Disease Conditions
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Sore throat (throat pain) usually is described as pain or discomfort in the throat area. A sore throat may be caused...
Diarrhea (Causes, Medicine, Remedies, Treatment)
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...
Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)
Abdominal pain can have many causes that range from mild to severe. Some of these causes include bloating, gas,...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Viral Hemorrhagic Fever
Viral hemorrhagic fever(s), or VHFs are a group of illnesses caused by distinct families of viruses. Many of these viruses are...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease or Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever)
Ebola hemorrhagic fever (HF) is an often-fatal disease that causes fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, stomach...
Marburg Virus Disease
Marburg virus disease is a zoonotic infection that produces symptoms such as chills, headaches, fever, and muscle aches. The...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Resistance From Residents Hampering Efforts to Contain Congo Ebola Outbreak
- 'Very High Risk' That Ebola Will Spread From Congo: WHO
- New Ebola Virus Found in Bats
- Two Ebola Patients Who Received Experimental Treatment Have Recovered: Congo Officials
- Four More Experimental Ebola Treatments Approved for Use in Congo
- Thirteen Confirmed Ebola Cases in Latest Congo Outbreak
- New Ebola Outbreak in Congo
- Woman May Have Passed on Ebola a Year After Recovery
- Ebola Antibodies Show Protection Potential in Animal Studies
- Neurological Fallout From Ebola Infection Worse Than Thought
- Ebola Outbreak in Congo 'Largely Contained,' WHO Says
- WHO 'Cautiously Optimistic' on Curbing Congo Ebola Outbreak
- Congo Ebola Outbreak Death Toll at 27, Vaccination Campaign Begins
- Urban Ebola Case in Congo Has WHO Holding Crisis Meeting
- Congo Ebola Outbreak Death Toll Now at 19
- First Death Confirmed in DRC Ebola Outbreak
- Cataract Surgery on Ebola Survivors Safe for Docs
- Detecting Ebola Before Symptoms Show Up
- Cataracts Afflict Children Who Survived West Africa Ebola Epidemic
- Two Ebola Vaccines Spur Lasting Immune Response
- Antiviral Drug May Prevent Ebola, Small Study Suggests
- Quick, Paper-Based Ebola Test May Help in Remote Areas
- Effective Ebola Vaccine May Be Here: Health Officials
- Drug Might Fight Ebola-like Marburg Virus
- Inhalable Ebola Vaccine Works in Monkeys
- New Rapid Ebola Test Shows Promise in African Clinics
- Ebola Linked to Rise in Malaria Deaths in Guinea
- Gene Mapping Yields Clues to Recent Ebola Outbreak
- Pregnancy May Conceal Ebola
- Lack of Protective Gear Leaves Medics at Risk in Ebola Outbreak: Study
- Ebola Virus: How Contagious?
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter