MRSA stands for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. MRSA typically spreads through person-to-person contact, but it can also spread via aerosolized droplets. A MRSA skin infection will rapidly become painful, swollen, drain pus, and be warm to the touch. Read more: Is MRSA Contagious? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
It's the MRSA Quiz! For the carriers among us, you'd be surprised that the infectious superbug is lurking on this body part! Take...
MRSA Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and staph infection are known as the super bug. Learn causes, symptoms, and...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Therapy Dogs Can Spread MRSA, But Antibacterials Help Prevent the Danger
- Hospital Privacy Curtains May Be Home to Dangerous Germs
- Testing for Penicillin Allergy May Cut 'Superbug' Infection Risk
- MRSA Infections Double Among IV Drug Users
- Hospital Room Floors May Harbor 'Superbugs'
- New MRSA Strain Found in Denmark
- Plight of NFL Player Stricken by MRSA Germ 'Extremely Unusual'
- European MRSA Originated in Sub-Saharan Africa, Study Finds
- Homes Now 'Reservoirs' for Superbug MRSA
- VA Program Reduces MRSA Germ Cases at Long-Term Care Centers
- ICU Gloves and Gowns Might Reduce MRSA Infection, Study Says
- 'Superbug' MRSA Infections Aren't Dropping in Children: CDC
- Serious MRSA Infections in U.S. Declining: CDC
- Kids, Seniors Prone to MRSA Infections Depending on Season: Study
- Are We Finally Outsmarting the MRSA Superbug?
- Urban Hospitals May Act as Breeding Ground for MRSA
- Doorknobs May Be 'Reservoirs' for MRSA
- Study: Antibiotic Ointments May Aid Spread of MRSA
- Can Hot Coffee or Tea Cut MRSA Risk?
- New Strain of MRSA Found in Milk
- Hospital-Acquired MRSA Infections On the Decline, CDC Says
- Is LRSA the New MRSA?
- MRSA More Likely to Lurk in Certain Patients
- Children in Intensive Care Should Be Screened for MRSA
- C. diff Infection Rate May Overtake MRSA
- Genetics Used to Track Transmission of MRSA Bacteria
- Third of EMS Stethoscopes Carry MRSA Virus
- Blue Light Kills MRSA
- Kids' Fatal Flu Often Includes MRSA
- Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
- Cat Got Your MRSA?
- FDA OKs 1st Quick MRSA Blood Test
- MRSA: Experts Answer Your Questions
- Drug-Resistant Staph Infections Reaching Epidemic Levels in Some Parts of U.S.
- More U.S. Deaths from MRSA Than AIDS