Ginger tea is generally regarded as safe for most people to consume daily. However, if you intend to consume a large amount every day, you should consult your doctor, especially if you are on any medications.
A cup of ginger tea every day can help your digestive system and prevent indigestion, nausea, and heartburn. Morning sickness during pregnancy can be relieved by combining a teaspoon of mint juice, lemon juice, and a tablespoon of honey with ginger tea.
Other health benefits of ginger tea may include:
- Ginger may help boost your immunity, thereby helping you fight certain viral and bacterial infections. It contains vitamins C and B6, magnesium, and trace amounts of iron and calcium. According to researchers, the volatile oils and phenol compounds in ginger give it its healing properties, which keep us safe and protected from seasonal winter illnesses. Ginger tea can help with coughs, colds, throat infections, wheezing, and other respiratory issues.
- Ginger aids digestion and improves gut health. Because gingerol has muscle relaxing properties, it is beneficial for people who suffer from acid reflux, indigestion, or stomach discomfort.
- Ginger has potent anti-inflammatory properties, which may explain why it is frequently used to relieve minor aches, pains, and cramps, as well as general inflammation.
- Ginger has calming effects that may alleviate psychological stress. Furthermore, it is effective at generally uplifting one's mood and reducing blood pressure.
- Ginger tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can help maintain oral, skin, and hair health. It may reduce the visibility of scars and improve skin elasticity, providing anti-aging benefits. The antiseptic properties of this beverage make it an excellent dandruff treatment. It may help with hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp.
Apart from these health benefits, research says drinking ginger tea may have other advantages as well, such as:
- Could lower blood sugar and help manage diabetes
- Reduces the risk for heart disease
- Lowers risk of stroke
- May settle nausea caused by chemotherapy
- Prevents and fights cancer
- Reduces menstrual cramps
- Suppresses appetite and may aid in weight loss
- Slows effects of aging and reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s
- Fights fungal infections
- Heals wounds
What are the side effects of drinking excess ginger tea every day?
Fresh ginger is a spice that is used in a variety of dishes, drinks, and desserts. It has been shown to improve one's health due to its medicinal value. Millions of people around the world swear by ginger's healing properties. It can be eaten whole, ground, cooked, or raw. Ginger is a spicy root that has been shown to be an effective natural remedy for a variety of ailments.
However, apart from ginger tea benefits, excessive consumption of ginger in any form may result in the following side effects:
- Increased bleeding tendency
- Abdominal discomfort
- Cardiac arrhythmias (if overdosed)
- Central nervous system depression (if overdosed)
- Dermatitis (with topical use)
- Mouth or throat irritation
- Ginger root components are irritating to the mucus membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. This product is not recommended for people who have erosive-ulcerative or inflammatory gastrointestinal lesions.
- If you are diabetic and already taking medication, ginger may interfere with your medications.
- Talk to your doctor about drinking ginger tea while pregnant. Though it can help with morning sickness, it is important to talk to your doctor before including anything additional in your diet because each pregnancy is different.
How much ginger should I take daily?
Doctors advise consuming no more than three to four grams of fresh ginger extract per day. If you are pregnant, limit yourself to one gram of ginger extract per day. Making ginger tea for children younger than two years old is not advised.
There is one thing you must keep in mind, do not rely on home remedies to control any disease for any reason. Take your doctor's advice and stick to prescribed medications, as well as any recommended home remedies. Furthermore, leading a healthy lifestyle can have a significant positive impact on your health.
There is no harm in having ginger tea, but the problem arises when the amount is increased. Overconsumption of anything, no matter how healthy, is bad for health. Ginger is a powerful herb with numerous medicinal benefits, but it should be consumed in moderation.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Jones T. 12 Benefits of Ginger Tea You Probably Don’t Know. LifeHack. https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/12-benefits-ginger-tea-you-probably-dont-know.html
National Institutes of Health. Ginger. https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/ginger
Top Is It Good to Drink Ginger Tea Every Day Related Articles
bitter melonBitter melon, an edible fruit with many phenolic compound, flavonoids, triterpenoids, and insulin-like peptides, has been traditionally used for treating many conditions including diabetes, cancer, fever, and infections. Other uses for bitter melon include diabetes, cancer prevention, gastrointestinal upset, abnormal blood fat levels (dyslipidemia), obesity, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, psoriasis, and others. Do not take bitter melon if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Fat-Fighting FoodsLearn about fat-fighting foods such as grapefruit, hot peppers, vinegar, and more. Discover the benefits along with surprising facts about how they may fight fat.
ginger (zingiber officinale) - oral
Is Tea or Coffee Better for Your Health?Tea is generally safe, even in large amounts. While coffee is also safe to drink, high amounts can cause some problems.
Tea QuizAre all teas created equal? Take this quiz to learn what drinking tea does to the body, and how it can provide health benefits against certain diseases and conditions.
What Happens If I Drink Green Tea Every Day?Green tea is a substance that has been popular for its health benefits for centuries. Green tea boosts immunity, reduces acne, aids in weight management, promotes heart health, may fight cancer, treats genital warts and helps promote brain health.
What Is Ginger Tea Good For?Good ginger tea can be a refreshing and revitalizing alternative to caffeine-containing drinks. However, moderation is the keyword. You should not drink more than one or two cups of ginger tea per day. Daily consumption of 4 g of ginger or less than two tablespoons is considered ideal.
What Is the Best Tea for Detoxing?Green tea seems to be the best tea for detoxing due to its antioxidant properties. Green tea is manufactured by withering, steaming, or pan firing, drying and grading the young tea leaves. Unlike black tea or oolong tea, green tea does not undergo fermentation.