Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Dental (Oral) Health Quiz: Test Your Dental Hygiene IQ
Take the Dental Health Quiz to test your IQ of oral hygiene, cavities, and common tongue and gum diseases. This quiz covers...
Top Problems in Your Mouth
Learn about some of the most common problems in your mouth such as sores, oral cancer, TMJ, painful gums, bad breath and more....
Dental Images of Cavities, Dry Sockets, Gingivitis
Learn about dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, bad breath, and oral cancer. Explore procedures such as root canals,...
Related Disease Conditions
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Postmenopausal Women May Be at Risk of Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Get the Facts About Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Gum Disease
- Typical Gum Disease Treatments Won't Help Ease Diabetes, Study Finds
- A Link Between Gum Disease and Alzheimer's?
- Colon Cancer Linked to Mouth Infection, Gum Disease?
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- Almost Half of U.S. Adults Have Gum Disease
- Gum Disease More Common in People With RA
- Gum Disease, HPV May Play Role in Head and Neck Cancers
- Severe Gum Disease, Impotence May Be Linked
- Is There Proof Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease?
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Gum Disease
- Treating Gum Disease May Help Diabetics Avoid Complications
- Health Tip: Am I at Risk for Gum Disease?
- Licorice Root May Cut Cavities, Gum Disease
- Treating Gum Disease May Thwart Preterm Births
- Biological Product Shows Promise Against Gum Disease
- Obesity Boosts Gum Disease Risk
- Gum Disease May Make Diabetes Worse
- Gum Disease Might Boost Cancer Risk
- Marijuana Linked to Early Gum Disease
- Gum Disease Boosts Tongue Cancer Risk in Men
- Treat Gum Disease, Help Heart
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter