Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Mouth Problems: TMJ, Canker Sores, Painful Gums and More
Sores, painful gums, bad breath -- what's going on in your mouth? Find out with our slideshow of the most common mouth problems....
Dental Problems: Tooth Decay, TMJ, Mouth Pain Causes & Treatments
Do you have a toothache? What is oral cancer? Symptoms like mouth pain and sensitive teeth can indicate dental problems. Learn...
Dental (Oral) Health Quiz: Test Your Dental Hygiene IQ
Take the Dental Health Quiz to test your IQ of oral hygiene, cavities, and common tongue and gum diseases. This quiz covers...
Related Disease Conditions
Gum Disease (Gingivitis)
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Read about symptoms, stages, treatment, and home remedies.
Stress is a normal part of life, but chronic or severe stress can be harmful to your health. Learn what happens in your body when you are stressed and how you can manage your response.
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or "passive smoke" also harm family members, coworkers, and others around smokers. There are a number of techniques available to assist people who want to quit smoking.
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a factor in disease causation. Managing stress in our lives is important. Elimination of stress is unrealistic, since stress is a part of normal life. We can however, learn to manage stress through techniques such as exercise, relaxation, meditation, time management, and support systems so that we have control over our stress and its effects on our physical and mental health.
How Do You Know if You Have Gingivitis or Periodontitis?
Gingivitis is an inflammation that is limited to the gum line. Periodontitis always begins with inflammation of the gums.
Do I Have Gingivitis or Periodontitis?
What are the symptoms of gingivitis and periodontitis? Learn the difference between gingivitis and periodontitis and how to treat each condition.
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Postmenopausal Women May Be at Risk of Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Get the Facts About Gum Disease
- Typical Gum Disease Treatments Won't Help Ease Diabetes, Study Finds
- A Link Between Gum Disease and Alzheimer's?
- Colon Cancer Linked to Mouth Infection, Gum Disease?
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- Almost Half of U.S. Adults Have Gum Disease
- Gum Disease More Common in People With RA
- Gum Disease, HPV May Play Role in Head and Neck Cancers
- Severe Gum Disease, Impotence May Be Linked
- Is There Proof Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease?
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Gum Disease
- Treating Gum Disease May Help Diabetics Avoid Complications
- Health Tip: Am I at Risk for Gum Disease?
- Licorice Root May Cut Cavities, Gum Disease
- Treating Gum Disease May Thwart Preterm Births
- Biological Product Shows Promise Against Gum Disease
- Obesity Boosts Gum Disease Risk
- Gum Disease May Make Diabetes Worse
- Gum Disease Might Boost Cancer Risk
- Marijuana Linked to Early Gum Disease
- Gum Disease Boosts Tongue Cancer Risk in Men
- Treat Gum Disease, Help Heart
Oral Health Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter