Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Quiz: Test Your Skin Disorders IQ
Does dry, itchy, flaky, scaly, red, inflamed skin sound familiar to you? Take the Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Quiz to learn...
Picture of Eczema
A particular type of inflammatory reaction of the skin in which there are typically vesicles (tiny blister-like raised areas) in...
Picture of Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema
Eczema is a skin condition caused by inflammation. See a picture of Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema and learn more about the health...
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) is a common allergic skin condition. Get the latest information on causes of eczema and skin rash...
Easy Skin Care Tips for Guys
Guys, want some great skin care tips? Looking good doesn’t have to take hours. Learn how to shave without razor bumps, solutions...
Related Disease Conditions
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis)
Hay fever (allergic rhinitis) is an irritation of the nose caused by pollen and is associated with the following allergic...
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...
Dry skin (xeroderma) may be caused by external factors, like cold temperatures, low humidity, harsh soaps, and certain...
FODMAPs (Low FODMAP Diet for IBS)
FODMAPs are foods that contain sugar alcohols and short chain carbohydrates. The gut can't digest them very well. There are "low"...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- hydrocortisone valerate (Westcort brand has been discontinued in the US)
- pramoxine (Itch-X, PrameGel, Orax, Sarna Sensitive, and Others)
- gentamicin, topical (Garamycin has been discontinued)
- pramoxine and hydrocortisone (Epifoam, Pramosone, Proctofoam HC, Procort, Analpram HC)
- fluticasone propionate (Cutivate)
Prevention & Wellness
- Eczema? Ask Your Doctor About a Bleach Bath
- An Eczema Drug Helped Regrow a Girl's Hair -- Could It Help Others?
- Why Eczema Is Tougher to Treat for Black Patients
- Eczema Dramatically Impacts Quality of Life
- Skin's 'Good' Bacteria May Be Promising Weapon Against Eczema
- Have Eczema? No Need for Bleach Baths, Study Suggests
- Prolonged Breast-Feeding May Guard Against Teen Eczema
- Newer Eczema Treatments Offer Relief
- Eczema Can Take a Toll on Adults
- Certain Staph Bacteria Linked to Eczema
- Study Challenges Touted Link Between Eczema and Heart Disease
- Mouse Study Hints at Treatment for Itch-Related Ills Like Eczema
- Medical Bills Another Burden for Eczema Patients: Study
- Eczema Cream for Children Not a Cancer Risk, Study Finds
- Eczema Linked to Other Health Problems
- Health Tip: What's Causing my Child's Eczema?
- Having Eczema Won't Make You Shorter
- Infants With Eczema May Be More Prone to Peanut Allergy: Study
- Eczema Cases Rising Among U.S. Children: Report