Creatine is a natural substance found in the body that helps provide energy during muscle activity and is used to improve physical performance. Read more: Is Creatine Actually Good for You? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Vitamins and Supplements: What Can You Take to Fight Inflammation?
Arthritis, intense exercise, and sugary or fatty foods are some of the things that can lead to inflammation. Here’s what you can...
Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Vitamins & Supplements Quiz to learn just how many essential vitamins your body needs to function!
Vitamin D Quiz: Test Your IQ of Dietary Supplements
What happens to the body when there is a vitamin D deficiency? Take the Vitamin D Quiz to find out what you may be missing.
Vitamins and Supplements: Signs You're Low on Vitamin C
Worried you're coming up short on vitamin C? Here are some telltale symptoms to watch out for.
Vitamins and Supplements: Signs You're Low on Vitamin B12
Your body needs vitamin B12 to keep blood cells healthy and to make your nerves work right. But what happens when you run low?
Vitamins and Supplements: 9 Ways to Get Vitamin K
It may not get as much attention as other nutrients, but vitamin K helps your blood clot and your bones grow. WebMD shows you how...
Vitamins and Supplements: Foods High in Vitamin D
Vitamin D is important for your bones, blood cells, and immune system -- your body's defense against germs. Find out which foods...
Supplement Smarts: Best Ways to Take Different Vitamins
Taking a vitamin supplement to cover your nutritional bases? Find out how and when to take it so your body gets the most from it.
Related Disease Conditions
What Are the Benefits and Risks of Taking Amino Acid Supplements?
Learn whether taking amino acids is of a greater benefit or risk to your overall health. Amino acids are building blocks of protein. The amino acids come together to form proteins.
What Causes High Creatinine Levels?
A spontaneous elevation of creatinine may be caused by certain medications or dietary changes; however, persistently high creatinine levels could indicate kidney damage.
Vitamins and Calcium Supplements
Vitamins are organic substances that are essential for the proper growth and functioning of the body. Calcium is a mineral essential for healthy bones and is also important for muscle contraction, heart action, and normal blood clotting.
What Vitamins and Supplements Should I Avoid During Pregnancy?
You should always clear it with your obstetrician before taking any vitamins or supplements while pregnant.
What Are the Benefits of Creatine?
Creatine is a popular supplement in the fitness industry for improving lean muscle mass, building stamina and boosting exercise ability.
What Is the Best Vitamin Supplement to Take?
Dietary supplements are a general term that includes vitamins, minerals, botanicals, probiotics and other products to supplement the diet. The best vitamin supplement differs from person to person depending on their gender, age and any health conditions they have.
Weight Loss Pills and Supplements: Do They Work?
A bodyweight over the healthy limit is associated with several health conditions, such as diabetes, heart diseases, and certain cancers. According to health experts, long-term weight loss can be safely attained by making healthy lifestyle changes like healthy eating patterns, limiting calorie intake, and doing regular physical activity. Many people, however, are not able to make these healthy lifestyle changes.
What Vitamins and Supplements Should I Take During Pregnancy?
Even if you eat a variety of nutritious foods, you may need to take pregnancy vitamins and supplements. This is especially true if you have a restricted diet, are pregnant with twins or multiples, have food allergies, or nutrient deficiencies. Talk to your doctor about your needs.
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Vitamin D FAQs
- Vitamins and Supplements FAQs
- Dietary Supplements Can Cause Liver Damage
- Is Creatine Safe?
- What Vitamin Supplements Should I Take?
- Should I Take Protein Supplements After Exercise?
- Should I Take Fat Burning Supplements?
- What Is the Best Calcium Supplement?
- Do Fish Oil Supplements Cure Dry Skin?
- Evaluating Treatments and Supplements
- Herbal Supplements: Are they Safe?
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Taking Dietary Supplements
- Many Supplements Still Contain Dangerous Stimulants: Study
- Can You Trust the Labels on Your Supplements?
- Health Tip: Myths Debunked About Dietary Supplements
- Can You Trust Your Dietary Supplement?
- Creatine Linked to Testicular Cancer
- Creatine Doesn't Treat Parkinson's Disease, Study Says
- Could a Supplement Prevent Weight Gain?
- Do Vitamin Supplements Make Sense?
- Do Older Adults Need Vitamins, Supplements?
- Supplement Use Widespread Among Americans
- Nothing Natural About Dietary Supplement DMAA: Study
- Dietary Supplement May Help Prevent Preeclampsia
- Calcium Supplements May Increase Heart Risk
- Use of Dietary Supplements on the Rise
- To Supplement or Not to Supplement?
- Antioxidant Supplements Up Death Risk
- Americans Fall Prey to Weight-Loss Supplement 'Hype'
- 20 Vitamins and Supplements to Boost Immune Health for COVID-19
- Vitamins, Minerals and Nutritional Supplements
- Is It Safe to Take Potassium Supplements Daily?
- Do Nitric Oxide Supplements Really Work?
- What Are the Best Supplements for COPD?
- What Is the Best Supplement for Joint Repair?
- Do Dietary Supplements Help You Lose Weight?
- Do Kids Need Vitamin Supplements?
- What Is the Best Supplement for Weight Loss?
- Aging & Dietary Supplements: More is Not Always Better
- Nutritional Supplements: 5 Popular Supplements Scrutinized
- Dietary Supplement Could Blind You
- Nutritional Supplements: Taking Too Many Vitamins?
- Dietary Supplement : Guiding Your Herb Search
- Supplements: The Frenzy
- Supplements to Boost Your Health
- General Guidelines For Vitamin Supplements